1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

His Non Verbal I LOVE YOUs

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Unkown

Unkown New IL'ite

Yes mayahaudri, i am absoloutely proud of my hubby.. thank you so much.. :)

2. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Preethitech and Cuteprincess, you both have got a sweet husband.
    BTW, Cute congrats on your pregnancy. :)

3. Cuteprincess

Cuteprincess Silver IL'ite

Code:
    Preethitech and Cuteprincess, you both have got a sweet husband.
    BTW, Cute congrats on your pregnancy. 
    Thank you Sadwife:)

4. DDC

DDC Silver IL'ite

Been reading all your cute ILUs ..

I was coming back home from work ,I was starving & the thought of going home & fixing my own snack wasnt very appetizing. I picked up the phone to call dh (who reaches home few mts before me) intending to ask him to make tea but then gave up on the idea. I came home & on the table was a plate with seedai( a savory snack) & a ladoo & hot tea right next to it. He had even created a pattern on the plate with the seedai:bowdown

To top it all -I told him "I thought of calling & asking you to make the tea" & he quips " you only have to think & I will get it done"

:queen

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  5. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hheee!!A lot in my case too!! True, thanks for starting such a nice and lovely thread.
    Everyday good morning, have a niceday wish while going to office, a warm hug while getting ready for office infront of dressing table where we both compete to get ready fastly, every tasty recipe I prepare where he enjoys it. A goodnight wish. Atleast morethan 4-5 times on any normalday.......shows "I Love U' without words, just expressions.

6. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

Non Verbal 'I love you' (sushi)

Infact, this blog I had written for some other site seeking 'memorable memories' But then I thought why not I share with my dear friends form Indus ladies too. so for you ::

Typing Eraser Playing Cupid

So you are surprised ? Yes - it is very much true – a typing eraser played cupid in our life and finally was instrumental in conveying the feelings.

Let me tell you and then you will agree with me..

It was in 1967 when the CentralGovernment PSU which I was to join later conducted the typing test for those who qualified in the written test. Though I had scored the number one position in the written test ( which I came to know later) I was not that good in my typing skills. Infact,I was so nervous, I was committing errors and was using the typing eraser vigorously. At one point, the eraser fell down due to my nervousness and as time was ticking down I decided, not to bother about erasing and to continue with the typing., and leave it God. That moment, there was one male voice from the back telling in a hushed tone in tamil ' here take your eraser' – I just extended my hand to take the eraser without even bothering to see who gave me the eraser. I could rub off certain errors and by then the time was over and there was one shout from the invigilator 'Stop' – hearing that again my eraser fell down but then I did not bother to search for it and started removing my typed paper. After the invigilator collected my typed paper, when I was about to get up and leave the place, there stood this not very handsome man (if he reads he is going to kill me) with an amused smile in his face telling me in tamil ofcourse ' you used the eraser more than you typed – now please keep this eraser safely, you may need it very often'. I was so nervous as I was not used to talking to strangers coming from a very orthodox family. Moreover, I was also so angry that he found out my typing weakness and just took the eraser murmuring a ‘thanks’ and left hurriedly.

But while I was travelling home, my anger vanished giving way to some other feeling which I could not understand. I was just thinking that I should have thanked him in a pleasant manner as he only tried to help me. Days went by but I had kept that eraser safely in my jewel box without knowing why I did that.

As days passed, I received letter from the PSU advising me to attend a personal interview. I went to the office at the stipulated time and while waiting for the interview, my mind was searching for the one who had helped me find the eraser. Yes – I was just telling myself, he is no more than a good Samaritan who helped me find my eraser in time. I was little disappointed in not finding him and thought probably he did not qualify in the written test and typing (both marks were added for qualification and fixing seniority) and there he was standing in front of me with a sheepish smile in his face. I just could not look at him as I did not want him to know that all the time I was searching for him. He said in tamil ‘here you won’t need an eraser but you need your clear voice.So don’t murmur like you did that day while thanking me’ . Then I was called inside and the interview was over in two minutes with the interviewer asking my name and why I wanted to join the organization.

I came outside but then he was called inside and though I wanted to wait for him, I could not do due to my shyness. To cut the story short, we again met in the office as we both had got the appointment. As luck would have it. I was posted to typing division and he was in the clerical department. Some months went by but though we came to talking terms but nothing more materialized. In the meanwhile, he was transferred to Chennai . When I heard the news of his transfer, my heart skipped a beat but more than that I could not do anything as I was not sure what was in his mind though he almost made me feel that I was special for him through his action.

There was only one month left for him to get relieved and suddenly I received a slip of paper from him which the peon brought which stated that ‘I need an eraser.’ I immediately sent an eraser through the peon. In five minutes the peon came with another bit of paper with the eraser I had given and on the paper it was written ‘ not erasing’..Again I sent two new erasers with the peon. In five minutes the peon came back and returned the erasers and handed me one more bit of paper which stated ‘ still not erased’..the peon was so annoyed with all this activities and said to me ‘yeh kya khel chal raha hai – aap hee jaake pooch lena – mere se nahi hoga’ (meaning “what is this play going on, you yourself find out – I am not able to do this going here and there”) Then I told the peon ‘ saab se poocho - kaunsa eraser chahiye (ask the saab, what eraser he needs)
    I also got curious but since his boss was a very strict person I did not dare to go his division and ask him. Suddenly the peon came to my table with a closed cover and gave it to me. I opened the cover to read the lines in block letter .

“ please send me that eraser which can erase you from my heart’
    I cannot describe the joy and fear, I felt at the same moment when I read those lines. Joy because that moment revealed me how much I yearned for those words but fear because knowing my orthodox family, how they would take this .

In the month that followed, we had agreed to ourselves that we will not make this known to any of our colleague, deciding to behave as normal as possible and somehow trying to convince our respective parents.
    Again to cut the story short, he went to Chennai on transfer and used to correspond with me through letters and telex (telex operator was our close friend) and though he was from our own caste, it took us two years to convince our parents and get married. It was a grand marriage and it came as a surprise to all our colleagues as no one expected any such spark existing between us. Still, those letters and the typing erasers lie in my jewel box more precious than all my jewels.

Sushi

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
    <SUP>Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)</SUP>

But Typing Eraser is :: Sushi

7. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Re: Non Verbal 'I love you' (sushi)

Wow !!!! A wonderful true love story on Valentine's day !!!!!!!:cheers

Enjoyed reading....:coffee

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  8. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

Dear Sunitha,

That was real fast and yes it feels nice to go through your prescious memories on a valentines' day.

Though we indians celebrate valentine's day all throughout the year, still let me wish you a wonderful, meaningful special valentine's day.

9. lakshmisree11

lakshmisree11 New IL'ite

Sushi madam...

super and cute story..

narration is very lively..:thumbsup

10. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Sparkling Love. When i was going through it made me to thought

it would have surely became a non erasable LOVE.

Nice narration. Heart touching.

your ever friend/sreemanavaneeth:)