Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Latha,
    Thanks!!
    Curds impart a rich taste to N I gravies!!
    Home-made curd is good news!:thumbsup
    Love,
    C

2. Chitvish

Dear Divya,
    welcome to my forum.
    For all links, please go to
    Recipe Index for Step by Step Photos of Recipes. (<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 coordsize="21600,21600" stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 9pt; HEIGHT: 9pt; VISIBILITY: visible" id=Picture_x0020_1 type="#_x0000_t75" alt="Multi-page thread" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"><v:imagedata o:title="Multi-page thread" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\lenovo\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png"></v:imagedata></v:shape>1 2 )

and
    Check here - The Recipes Index (<v:shape style="WIDTH: 9pt; HEIGHT: 9pt; VISIBILITY: visible" id=Picture_x0020_2 type="#_x0000_t75" alt="Multi-page thread" o:spid="_x0000_i1026"> <v:imagedata o:title="Multi-page thread" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\lenovo\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png"></v:imagedata></v:shape>1 2 3 ... Last Page

Pulikachal is in the latter - 2nd page.

Love,
    C

3. Chitvish

Shobana, a hearty FB!!:thumbsup
    It is easy to make jalebi, but not jangiri!!:hide:
    Thanks & love,
    C

4. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

dear mami,

made SPRING ROLL DOSA with the dosai batter..what a superb variation!!!dh fell in love with it..with the dosa batter around we can play with the ideas,isnt it???

RAGI BISCUITS are baking in the oven,,will be back with the FB...i added a pinch of cardamom powder to the dough mami,,i love the cardamom-ragi combo..

lov
    aarthi

5. Chitvish

Thanks, aarthi.
    Spring roll dosa, incorporating vegetables, is a great stylish dish too!:)
    The latest biscuits in market here are ragi & oats biscuit. How can I keep quiet??:hide:
    I tried my own version! The ragi biscuit available here has cinnamon & many don't like it. I tried my version with ghee so that the ghee flavour will be nice. Cardm will go very well.
    Just now I baked Oats biscuits - like ragi, my version is non-fussy & an everyday version!
    Awaiting your FB!
    Love,
    C

6. nithya prabha

nithya prabha Bronze IL'ite

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;">
    </td><td style="vertical-align: top;">
    </td></tr><tr><td class="alt2">
    </td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Hello mam,
    but when i put padikaram in the kadai, it turned into a liquid.It didnt popup like popcorn.What should i do?
    Nithya

</td> <td width="100%">
    </td> <td valign="top" nowrap="nowrap">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>[​IMG] For crack in the feet.
    <hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> Dry roast alum ( known as padikaram in tamil) in an iron kadai or ladle. It will roast like popcorn. Powder it, make a paste with olive oil or coconut oil. Apply it for a few days – it is very effective.

7. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

dear mami,

the RAGI BISCUITS are damn good..never expected them to be so tasty.....i have already gobbled a couple of them...u r right,,the ghee and cardamom have made this biscuit exotic...it will surely be a regular.

the photo might be a bit dark..

lov
    aarthi

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      894.9 KB
      Views:
  8. Chitvish

Hi, please check the quality of alum. Break into small pieces; heat the kadai well, lower the gas & add.
    I have used it myself.
    Love,
    C

9. Chitvish

Great aarthi!:)
    Your photo looks "ravishing" with designs exactly like mine. In fact, I once made it 2-3 yrs back, but forgot to note down the proportions, I used. Now that it is very popular in the market, I tried again with my own proportions!!
    Ghee+cardm, a typical S I combo suits us best!
    I plan to add your photo.
    Love,
    C

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra Ma'am
    Here I am again.How are you?
    Tried rusk with wheat flour and nuts.Nice taste and aroma.
    In the beginning it was not so crisp,but kept it again in MW in grill mode,then it turned out nice brown.Daughter has taken the whole lot for her friends:) have to bake some more tomorrow.Even now the oven has nice aroma......