disappointed with gender

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by unluckyme, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

So, if you have a son, wont you be as happy as ever?

Kids are kids, they need 100% love and affection irrespective of the gender. Do not go into it with preconceived notions of boy vs girl. Try to avoid thoughts that say "I'd rather not be mother of a son"...what if a son is born to you?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  2. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

I agree. Babies are blessings, each and every one of them. Maya, gender counts for nothing. Mother's love overides any previous misconception or notion. You will see... when you are blessed yourself.

3. WorkingWoman

WorkingWoman Gold IL'ite

I agree with the ladies here. I am mother of a 2 yr 4 months daughter. I consider myself as most lucky woman being her mother. I consider it as god's best blessing to me.
    Believe me, baby girls are wonderful. They are very intelligent, sensitive and caring. My LO brings cream to me at night so that I can apply on my feet, she tries to massage my head.
    Yesterday my maid did not come and I was cleaning vessels. Without saying single word she arranged vessels in correct places.. and she wiped the wet floor too !! I was amazed to see that.
    Who wants a boy !!?

4. billybob

billybob Gold IL'ite

It is amazing how our thinking process changes after we are out of parents house and living independently. I would not expect next generation, son or daughter to cohabiting with parents after marriage, it is different if parents have to live have to with their children later on in life when necessary. It is not right for parents to get their daughters married to someone who is not independent both financially and emotionally from parents.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  5. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Those who have gone through the pain of not having a baby will only know what it is.For some people it happens just like that.for others we need to poke our whole body with all those injections,pills,emotional trauma combined with mental trauma and still we are in the same point where we started.

No offense meant to anyone.I cannot hold myself from writing this.

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Bittenkitten,

if you read the threads in the relationships section, you would find a lot of these. going by your definition, we would have to accept that there is a lot of spousal abuse rampant in india. and the ones who one finds here on this site are only the tip of the iceberg. i am not passing any value judgement here - but a lot of women put up with this and they are conditioned to "adjust". that is just the way it is.

7. satchitananda

billybob,

any idea why this difference in approach?

8. satchitananda

that is so sweet. please give your little girl a big hug and kiss from me.

9. mayachaudhuri

mayachaudhuri Senior IL'ite

I was a little too overshocked by the original post.So it came out that way. I love kids irrespective of boy or girl.But really, do you need to pick up on every line?

10. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Maya,
    While that line was quite specific, if you read your entire post, several statements there are intended to extrapolate males as inconsiderate based on some examples. It is incorrect to generalize men like that , and you were just extrapolating to wider numbers with a broad brush stroke. The 'son' comment arose out of that.

Anyway, on point - glad to know that you love kids irrespective of the gender.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011