1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Personal space in a relationship.. Important??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Unkown, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Unkown

Unkown New IL'ite

I found this on one of the previous posts...

Love one another, but make not a bond of love
    Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.

Fill each other's cup, but drink not from one cup.
    Give one another of your bread, but eat not from the same loaf.

Sing and dance together and be joyous,
    but let each one of you be alone,
    Even as the strings of a lute are alone
    though they quiver with the same music.

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping;
    For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.

And stand together yet not too near together;
    For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
    And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow

So do most of you guys believe in this para????:coffee

2. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

See what ever the relationship,there shd be a space.Then only the relationship will last long.Otherwise it will have some kind of problem.whether its hus-wife or mother-daughter or father-son any kind.I always beleive in that.if u so closely move with somebody,then with out u r knowledge,u will expect something from that person and if u dont get that,then u will endup in sad mood or vice versa.so always maintain a space between any kind of relationship.

3. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite

Togetherness is World!! Only if you get to breath :)

Hi All,

So here I am.. Have we ever wondered how much we are running short of time when it comes to being with the loved ones or cherishing their company..Nope.. The busy life keeps us so engaged that we forget to live our lives to the fullest.. Long working hours and demanding work nature keeps us away from the loved ones.. At times we feel the need for rejuvenating ourselves...

Constant togetherness is fine - but only for Siamese twins.
    Victoria Billings

So let us discuss in this thread, how our DH/DW has respected the need for our personal space and has helped us in achieving it too..

Personally.. After the delivery I used to be too depressed and occupied with the Baby..Thats when my DH constantly kept reminding me of pursuing my long last hobbies.. Thats how I started reading books again and it has really kept me "Sane" for quiet some time.. He is always the first to encourage and makes sure that I do get my share of peace of mind.. :)

Let there be spaces in your togetherness.
    - Kahlil Gibran

So how does your spouse give you the personal space?

4. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

It varies with different people. I am more than comfortable with not having any personal space. I love spending every moment with my DH. Actually, in my case, personal space does more harm than good. We tried the personal space thing once or twice and ended up fighting, cos we are so used to each other, that a little space felt like ignoring.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  5. LifeIsWhew

LifeIsWhew New IL'ite

I would find it extremely suffocating if my husband was breathing down my neck 24*7 and the same goes for him ... Be it some time alone with friends or just at home to myself its really important to me ... But that doesn't mean i need some space every single day of the year ... While on vacations we are with each other all the time for days together and we enjoy that ... Also I dont equate personal space with alone time .. We could be in the same room while I am on the computer and he is doing something else .. That to me is personal space ... Basically I dont want him on my case 24*7 ...That would choke me ...

6. Unkown

Unkown New IL'ite

thanks guys for all your replies..

So majority of them do feel that there is need of some space in a relationship. When u have your own life to live with own friends, hobbies to pursue, I feel the lesser u are thinking of your partner and lesser you are spending time together. Hence both of you will try to make most of the time with each other and lesser will the fights be. At the end of the day there is so much to talk about and share. This way you avoid all the nasty ILs and live your life at peace.

Isnt it guys??

7. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

Beautiful poem, yet practical.

8. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

I don't believe in this. It sounds so sad.

9. raji67

raji67 New IL'ite

It is most important to have personal space between husband and wife Many things which a woman's point of view differed from man Also no need for husband or wife to check each others mobiles that is purely awkward