Change is the spice of pregnancy!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by jananiojas, Feb 4, 2011.

1. jananiojas

jananiojas New IL'ite

Pregnancy is full of changes; each change has a marked reason and contribution towards baby’s development.:hiya

Every physical and emotional change has little bit of discomfort to accompany. But such discomforts can be overcome if simple home remedies are followed. Let us see some of the methods.

1. Nausea / vomiting: lemon with honey taken helps in eliminating fatigue, nauseated feeling. Lemon / orange peeled, cooked with jaggery and made as lemon marmalade by seasoning it with little cinnamon helps in the same.:spin

2. Flatulence / Indigestion: drinking warm jeera water throughout the pregnancy helps in mobilizing nutrients to baby by enhanced digestion. It avoids or eases flatulence and helps in active digestion.:idea

3. Anxiety: Sweetening cardamom with boiled milk helps in soothening your mind and keeps your body relaxed as the combination triggers the neurotransmitters to secret the serotonin to ease the mind.:rant

4. Sluggishness/ fatigue: ginger / pepper tea, in the evenings helps in keeping your mind revived, fresh and energetic.:hide:

5. Anemia: Having the first morsel of food with curry leaves, salt, jeera powder, asafetida and melted ghee helps in keeping your appetite satiated, provides you daily dose of natural iron. –( this tip is quite Indian type but foods like dates taken does the same thing).

6. Constipation: spinaches are juicy, fibrous and rich in antioxidants, iron, calcium, vitamins and folic acid to give you a great nutrient capsule for constipation. Make a soup, dhal, spinach rice or spinach seasoned wheat noodles or curries.:bowdown

7. Heart burn – diluted butter milk( diluted yogurt which is slightly sour and contains active good bacteria ) with coriander , little rock salt and little ginger helps in quenching thirst, keeps you cool and helps in hydration.

8. Aches and pain: garlic (2 or 3 in number) cooked with milk helps in controlling lipids and mobilizes fat and relieves aches and pain from weight bearing joints if there is gas trapped inside joints.:bonk

9. Hunger pranks: serve yourself with almonds, walnuts, pistas and raisins (each 3 in number) when you feel hungry. Chew them like a toffee, slowly and it helps in controlling between hunger pranks.

Have a healthy pregnancy!!!:thumbsup

2. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Its a very nice post jananiojas:thumbsup.

But i need to add just one thing........pregnant women are advised to avoid "Asafetida or Hing". Its not good during pregnancy. I didnt know it till i became pregnant. My MIL asked me to strictly avoid it!

Pls ladies.... avoid Hing in food if u r pregnant.

Priyanka

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  3. jananiojas

jananiojas New IL'ite

hi priya
    Thanks for your insight into the article. To my view asafetida is a natural herb followed by indians for ages, it has different views regarding the safety of pregnancy like anyother herb, consuming it in less quantity along with ghee or butter milk dilutes its stronger effects, however taking decision based on one's beliefs on controversial matters is often satisfactory to one's mind more than the real efects of consuming .:). so moms do it as you are comfy.

4. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

very informative article. To control nausea during pregnanacy
    dry graphes will help to control the same and jeera water also
    will stimulate our energy and will increase the appetite

5. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much..This is really helpful.:)