New Delhi Ladies - Meet here!

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by Ashna, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Re: New Delhi Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Hey you lovely ladies of the Capital,
    it was nice reading your chitchatting. I was born and brought up in Trivandrum and am in Chennai for the past 20 years since my marriage. I had visited Delhi 3 time in the past 10 years, for holiday. Once Delhi and surrounding places, then Delhi Kullu Manali, then Delhi Amritsar and Chandigar.
    All the time, I stayed in hotels in Karol Bagh and had a nice time. We planned out trip so as to do shopping on Monday in KB. It was so fun and we took lots of gift for our family. I bought loads and loads of dresses and other things for myself and my sisters and son. KB is more crowded than it was when I first visited in 97.
    I always buy wheat from there, I can have good chapathis atlest for a few months. The wheat was so good and taste. We do not get such quality here.
    I have read so much about the Dilli Haat, have any of you visited that? My relative is running a boutique in Shalimat Bagh.
    i found the people of Delhi warm and had no problem travelling. We went around on our own, no friends or relatives to guide us. I am fluent in Hindi, this helped a lot.
    We had only NI food when we were there, lots of chat from the Bikanerwala and yummy milk shakes wherever we went.
    there are so many other places to visit there, we may come again.

2. Airr

Airr New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am Ritu , from South Delhi , currently settled in Singapore with myhubby and 2 little kids

3. pragatim

pragatim New IL'ite

Re: Where R U delhi girls ?

Hi Abha,

Yaar don't say.."Sadi Dili"

Dili is toooooooo good):

I am from North Delhi. I miss my DU campus, kamla Nagar, Kohlapur road..."chacha ka chola bhatura", "nirulas" mein college sa bunk..

I miss my Hauz khas, IIT campus...Delhi haat mein evening time, Lajpat nagar ki shopping. There is lot we can talk abt Delhi

In USA, what to say. No chitchat. People are busy in their lives. No hulagula...

Pragati:-(

4. solonacea

solonacea New IL'ite

hi evrybdy,m also pakka delhi wali ,m frm dwarka right now in canada ,i really miss delhi like anything ,yaar delhi has its own charm, waha ki chaat papdi n gol gappe yummy n karol bagh aur janpath ki shopping koi comparision nahi hain pure world mein apni delhi ka .i really felt very nice delhi ka forum dekh ke,nice to read yr mgs.t.c evrybdy n njoy

5. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey Pragati

i did not mean Sadi Dilli okeyyy not in the sense of rotten Delhi, what i men to say is the Punjabi word Saaadi dilli.. okeyyyy, now you get it

well yes i miss Delhi too yaar, and it'll be a year for me in USA but it seems its been ages since i have left delhi... I love kamla Nagar, Greater Kailash... its just great

and well abt USof A its kinda toooo boring nothing to do... dull place

6. pragatim

pragatim New IL'ite

I know..I was just pulling ur leg:)

I know ji Delhi to saddi hi hai. Tusi kao na kao.

Are u a punjabi? If yes, kitho de ho tusi..

seriously yaar, Its only two weeks I came here, But its appearing as ages.
    Chal bye..

Keep posting the threads
    Pragati

nimitakain likes this.
  7. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

yes i'm a Punjabi...

kithe de haan assii.. well we are from Delhi only yaar, my parents lived all their lives in Delhi...

Its just been 2 weeks in US for you, initially you wud be just busy in visiting places and stuff... but the reality hits when you have seen everything and then have nothing to do... the pin drop silence make me crazy...

8. pragatim

pragatim New IL'ite

I was also punjabi before marraige but now a UP wali...a new similiarity. What abt ur husband?
    Yaar the reality has already started hitting me. I am planning to do studies or something volunteer else I don;t know what I will be upto...

Pragati

9. pragatim

pragatim New IL'ite

Hi all,

O ji saadi dili walo...Ki hoya...No new posts...Saddi dili itni choti nahi hai..that we are falling short of topics..Buck up alll

Any new news of Delhi):

Pragati Mohan:hatsoff

10. Airr

Airr New IL'ite

Re: Anyone from New Delhi?

hi pooja ,

i am ritu .I am living in east singapore with my hubby and 2 little kids ...