1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Foundation/Concealor brands in the US for Indian skin tones

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by rationale, Dec 6, 2007.

1. uhdam79

uhdam79 Senior IL'ite

HI Incharge,
    Thanks a lot..

2. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

good information. Was looking for this since a long time.

3. bittenkitten

bittenkitten Senior IL'ite

My two favourites are MAC and Lancome. With Lancome, go for the deeper Bisque shades: those are the ones that suit me. Interestingly, Lancome Canada does not sell the two deepest shades, but Lancome US does. I had to go all the way down across the border to get the right shade.

IMAN's shades are very suitable for our skin tones, but I really don't like the formulation: it's too creamy (and I have very oily skin), and neither the compact nor the foundation itself lasts long enough at all. I've also noticed that once it interacts with the oil on my skin (about 2 hours after initial application), the colour deepens a shade or two, and then looks mask-like. Pity, as the colour matching IS really good.

4. Serenity_John

Serenity_John Bronze IL'ite

I recently found the perfect shade with help of a salesgirl. It's Smashbox high definition healthy fx foundation. The shade just melted into my skin! I wore it many times now and with Smashbox photo finish foundation primer, the foundation lasts me good 8 hours.

I use Benefit foundation brush to apply it and love how smooth the application is especially with the primer.

5. ashritharitha

ashritharitha New IL'ite

Hello Mam,

For oily skin which foundation iz good u may suggest me plz. brand name also mention the stores also in hyderabad only if any one no

6. Jayzee

Jayzee New IL'ite

The best brand for me has been the Revlon colorstay foundation. They are also the most popular items on makeupalley dot com. Those foundations are literally non visible, dont run away with water on your face (go splash in the pool without the fear of your make up getting visible on your face) and for me an equally important factor -the Revlon brand if cruelty free unlike Proctor or Gamble brands like Maybelline which do animal testing for their products.
    Try revlon and see for yourself --I have been using this for the last 6 years now.

7. Jayzee

Jayzee New IL'ite

I have tried both department store brands like MAC and drug store brands like Revlon...for me Revlon rules. My MAC kajal pencil actually broke in to pieces -the kajal part in it that is.
    I am an everyday make up user and this is my list of products to use: Foundation -Revlon age defying ,
    My primer is the Covergirl one -cheap but very effective. My concealer is again from Revlon -the Photoready one. It looks amazing in artificial light -just perfect for night outs. But for everyday use, I am a little scared to use the concealer as it shows up under strong Sun light. Still searching for one concealer that I can use on my visits to India. My eyeliner is the MAC Fluidline gel. The mascara -on the rare days when I really want to create drama is the Covergirl Lash blast or some such thing -the huge purple tube.