1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Miscellaneous Gynic Issues and Queries

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Varloo, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite

Re: Clarification

Hi Amicable,

Thanks for ur consoling words.

Lakshmi

2. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Re: hysterectomy

Hi Huma , hope you are feeling beter now. Try yoga it is sure to help

3. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Re: hysterectomy

Dear Huma
    The problams of hystrectomy usually doesnot last that long.
    Actually what u rsayingn abt ur back is due to weakness in bones due to lack of calcium & vitamin D3. After hystrectomy & menopause the bones becomes a bit weaker due to osteoporosis ,Bone matrix beconmes thin & that leads to pain.
    GEt an BMD test that s bone marrow density test ( anon invasive test ) that will tell exactly the level of bones weakness & get ur serum calcium done.
    start food having more calcium like milk & milk product & suppliment this with calcium tblests & vitamin D 3 tablets.
    in food add more of soya & beans a good source of natural harmones.
    take Vitamin E suppliment.
    Walking briskly for 30 45 mts strenghten bones & joints.
    YOga alo helps.
    hope that u will be soon alright. Jaishree

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Exercise Is Not The Right Way To Destress Says Research

Highly stressed out are you???

Today I came across this article on fertility related to stress and wanted to pool in some points for some of you who may not have read this..

Sarah.L.Berga has devoted her career to one of the most hotly debated subjects in the fertility business:
    Getting pregnant without costly drugs, she and some of the scientists exploring how chronic stress may keep some women from ovulating and how relaxation techniques may help.

More precisely these researchers are examining how chronic stress alters brain signals to the hypothalamus, the walnut size organ that serves as the master of ceremonies overseeing the delicately timed hormonal dance. Or as Berga puts it she explores “How the hypothalamus talks to the pituitary that in turns talks to the ovary.

They say that research suggest that a cascade of events beginning with stress leads to reduced levels of two hormones crucial for ovulation. She is convinced that after she put the ladies through a 8month of cognitive behavioral therapy showed that ovulation was restored compared with two of eight who did not undergo this therapy.

Before this trial was done on human it was tested on monkeys who were stressed out stopped menstruating temporarily, when they were exercised and
    limited the intake of food further 10 percent stopped menstruating temporarily. But when we combined stress, exercise and cut down on food 75% became amenorrhea.

They say that if your stressed when you start exercise, your body reacts differently than if you are not chronically stressed and exercise. Not only
    Does it appear that exercise was more stressful for already stressed woman, and certainly exercise did not help them reduce their stress harmones.

Are we saying woman who are having stressful situation at work place tend to hurt her fertility? Isn’t life without stress impossible? We care talking about the chronic stress here.. the acute ones can be treated with some medication but the long stretch of situation leading to more and more of stress is becoming alarming in woman, so exercising will not help here, more of meditation and relaxation therapy needed, a very conjugal atmosphere needed to relax her mentally. In <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> a lot of family oriented problems are also on the rise with woman working and their financial status attracting a lot of responsibility on her shoulder which could be avoided if greed less prevailed. Water therapy is a great ..relief…Soak Away Your Stresses - Water Therapy

I have already mentioned swimming for pregnant woman in my other articles, kindly take more relaxation ways rather than exercise which was the motto earlier but this research says to guide your relaxation through music
    Music Therapy, Stress, Stress Relief, stress management, Relaxation, holisticonline.com
    Good Nutrition: How to Combat Stress with Good Nutrition

How to combat the stress here is another link for you all:
    http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/usmc/mcrp611c.pdf

Started with a small article made me run all over to cover up a lot of links here to help you all with medical references…regards sunkan

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

The Bliss Of Water Birth

The bliss of water birth:

A new method has been around for sometime now, and heard it is beneficiary to the stress filled world now. The research says that woman are now too stressed and find it very difficult to face even the slight pain that goes with labor, any intensity is not acceptable, so they go in for the c section.

This technique is called “water birth” the practice of child being born in this way has been prevalent for two centuries now. Now this wonderful technique is in vogue the world over. It has been 40yrs since the underwater birth hum started in the sophisticated world we are living in today.

First and foremost the benefits of water birth are too many to be missed out.
    The joy of free hand at giving birth in a natural atmosphere is something to be experienced. The woman relaxes a lot in this style of birth, in a warm water filled tub as she eases herself in the temperature is that of the water that is in the womb so as to help the baby come out in a very relaxed sense.

When she relaxes in the water the labor becomes shorter and her body and mind come together focusing on the arrival of her new baby. With woman inside the bathtub what happens is that she senses some sort of a special space which shields her, this allows her to have intimacy which is being respected.

Doctors say that there are two parameters the low lighting and the warm water eases the delivery in a noiseless atmosphere, and no stimulating drug needed, as it becomes unnecessary given the situation here. The warm water outer and in her are of the same level of temperature so it helps to relax well before the arrival of the child.

No fear of drowning as the doctor says the child inside the womb is also in water and when it comes out into the same level of warmth there is enough time to bring the baby out and let it breathe the air. The mother also is very alert as the child eases out she helps bring it up. In water the natural hormone is at work and it helps to deliver in a relaxed manner.

When is the time to get into the water? They say the early labor that is if you are still not getting the contraction if u get in then the delivery takes longer whereas you get in when the contraction have begun then it helps fast and the warm water is a great feeling around the abdomen..

speeds up labor
    reduces blood pressure
    gives mother more feeling of control
    provides significant pain relief
    promotes relaxation
    Enables the mother to assume any position which is comfortable for labor and birth
    Reduces the need of drugs and interventions
    Gives mother a protected space
    Reduces perennial trauma and eliminates episiotomies[A surgical procedure for widening the outlet of the birth canal to facilitate delivery of the baby and to avoid a jagged rip of the perineum (the area between the anus and the vulva, the opening to the vagina).
    Reduces cesarean section rates
    Is highly rated by mothers- typically stating they would consider giving birth in water again
    Is highly rated by experienced doctors and providers
    Encourages an easier birth for mothers and gentler welcome to the baby.

SOURCES OF PICTURES FROM GOOGLE

Hope this will help you all to choose the birth technique to help bring in more relaxed child birth….regards sunkan

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  6. prabhudevan

prabhudevan New IL'ite

Re: The Bliss Of Water Birth

:eek:mg:iam mother of one baby.minewas precipitate labour in hospital toilet.luckily baby me ok .can not see the point of water birth current fad when safe alternatives r there.how can they monitor my baby.not to think of the midwife/doctors discomfort ,safety hazards tome in my third stage of labour.i mightas well jump into my pool and deliver free given the risks.

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear prabhu,
    first and foremost u need to keep an open mind, and underwater ur body looses it weight so u dont feel it, and the warm water around will give u a secured feeling, and there are always two docs and nurses around it is just to help u even been under water, try swimming when u r pregnant not in the last stage but in the initial and middle, u will find the baby also become active, and do see if u can see the baby dolphins coming out, they wriggle and bring them out, like wise these are study done, to reduce the drugs to stimulate the pain, or avoid episiotomies that is cutting up ur vagina to ease out the baby the stitches can be avoided,or a c section, now the option is for you no doubts, what u feel u can go in for, does ur pool have warm water? do you have a doc who will be with u while u deliver, are there helping nurses around then very good, do that..sunkan

8. AshaUnni

AshaUnni New IL'ite

Problem during menses dates

Hi,

I am having one serious problem. My height is 156cm and weight is 52Kg. During my last menses date (22nd October), i was having severe stomach pain with loose motion. Even i was admitted in the hospital for half a day. I would like to know whether anybody has the same problem, at least loose motion during menses dates. When i consulted with doctor, she told me that i should take medicines only after marriage. Otherwise it will affect hormones. Because of that I am not taking any pain killers also.
    How will I reduce this pain?
    What all the things I should include in food?

Regards
    Asha

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Re: Problem during menses dates

dear asha,
    kindly consult a goog gaena, and i have read somewhere that if u take vitamin e before mensus u can avoid cramps, and vethalai vaidyam, just keep pan leaves all over ur abdomen and cover with a cloth i dont know how these help but the less spicy food u eat during these times the better, avoid plenty of outside food and masala that should help u a lot..i used to take coffee decoction diluted with a little brown sugar but after this u should not strain as there may be a good flow to keep u in bed but relief is for sure..sunkna

10. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello akka

sounds too good

hope more doctors try out this here
    and let us know....
    so that we can advice
    mothers to deliver
    underwater...!

and when baby comes
    a breathing