1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. priya666

priya666 Silver IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,
    So many ladies these days develop hormonal problems ....:drowning Guess its our bad lifestyle and stressful life.

Hi Lalitha,
    I agree with Shanvy, please visit a gynec as soon as possible. Also hot water bottle will help with the cramps for the time being.

Regards
    Priya

2. Shrisha

Shrisha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Lalitha,

When u have excessive pain, apply pure castor oil in ur lower ab including navel. Apply generously like one fistful. Also fenugreek seeds (vendhayam) help. Take a spoon and wash it down with lukewarm water or buttermilk.
    For nausea n giddiness, Glucon D Lemon or Lime juice with salt n sugar helps definitely. But these are all just home remedies. Pay a visit to gynaec as well.

3. sreenidhishar

sreenidhishar Bronze IL'ite

Dear Lalitha and IL friends,

how are you?

hws ur health now? are u feeling better?

did u consult a gyneac reg the pain u experienced?

btw, what is it abt hormone injections? i dont understand...

wen i was in chennai, i used to goto a gyneac for pcos treatment. she always asked me to see her weekly 4 times to be injected ---some hormone injection. she also gave glucomin and metformin tabs -500mg-thrice a day, some slimming milkshake powder. i was taking all that blindly for 6months . one day it just dawned on me that my weight had increased from 71 to 90kgs .

i went for a second opinion to another doc. she took untrasound as well as blood work. evrything was fine and to my astonishment, the doc wrote a prescription---GO TO THE GYM , EXERCISE AND DIET....SEE ME AFTER 6 MONTHS TIME.

seriously i did that...i lost 4kgs in a month. but somehow the periods flow wasnt gud...like it just stopped in 2 hrs time.... but my mum started giving me horsegram recipes in my diet as a result of which my problem resolved. what i still dont undertstnd is this---y i dont get my periods if i dont include horsegram in my diet.

then some baba suggested a siddha doc...again i started the process....doc put me on a tab called MENOMET(himalaya product).

whoooosh-----like magic in 3 months time, i started getting periods regularly .i did suffer from pcos.
    but that doc i went to blindly for 6 months, was injecting me with thyroxine hormone and i knew it only later.

am stuck at 85kgs ....no matter hw much i exercise or diet, nthing seems to work for me. due to excessive weight ,i feel the quality of workout is nt effective----

somehow i wanna lose weight and be healthy.......iam trying to lose 3kgs evry month..but am nt losing even 3gms.
    moreover i gt pregnant at the wrong time.....huh,its frustrating when evrything fails to workout the right way!!!

Nisha.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  4. prathiyankara

prathiyankara New IL'ite

Hi Shiv,

Its gud meal but i don't like fruits much...
    so i used to some sambar or any curry which ever i make i have it with Cereal. Is it gud....

Now iam in Montreal Canada so i get lots of bread , cheese and butter.. Is this gud to looose weight..

I have started to have OatMeal with my curries and gravies...
    Green tea twice daily

Iam trying but lets watch whether it works out...

BakkiaRaja

5. Savvyheal

Savvyheal Gold IL'ite

Dear Shiva,
    Thanks a lot dearie.
    My main problem is there is too much of gap between my food intake.
    Morning breakfast before 9 am and lunch at 2 pm and dinner at 7.30 pm, inbetween only 2 cups of coffee/tea/boost.
    So I will try to change this habit of mine.
    These changes plus walking and ET must bid adieu to my excess weight :rotfl:rotfl

Please do take care!

Love thanks Divine,
    Savvyheal

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hey motivating buddies,

hope all are fine. shiva wow for the 64 and also the motivation.

nisha, just hang on you will lose weight.

savvy it was nice to talk to you.

just wanted to share i lost another kg after a long time..and i was surprised whn i saw my measurement log.. lost about 4 inches at the hip which was my sore point. I stopped maintaining the log for a few months..but again after the maintenance phase i just started back to walking and weighed myself and was surprised..at my 1kg loss. and well i had to share it here..

and had to attach my graph too as a motivation.. dec 2009 to till date...

If i say i can so can you......

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  7. Savvyheal

Savvyheal Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanvy Ma'am,
    Your weight loss is like current SENSEX. :rotfl

Love Thanks Divine,
    Savvyheal

8. mrs

mrs Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Its been a long time since i have logged in. DD was down with fever.Now she is alright.

Ls,Take care dear and consult a doctor. thank you for the sample menu.

Shanvy ,Congratulations,4 inches is soooooooooo good!!!!!

Nisha, would you mind taking a second opinion from another doctor or call your doctor who dealt with your first delivery and ask if this abortion is absolutely necessary? just my 2 cents dear,this would have been what I would have done if I were in your position.

Priya, you r truly an inspiration!!

Love,
    Mrs.

9. shivanithakur

shivanithakur Silver IL'ite

Hi Shiva

I am fine, but very much busy in office as well as at home.

Now Feb month started, so next month exams will strat, my daughter is in 9th class & son is in 6th. They are actively taking part in games also, so I have to pick them up from their sports camps after office hrs.

Now very much strict on my diet as well as work out. 15 min pranayam in the morning and as soon as I reach home, husband take care of kids and I go for walk for 30 min and then 15 min cardio, immdly after that I take protein shake with 2 biscuits (marie gold), so I don't feel hungry for dinner and take only 1 glass of milk. Also I try to go to bed by max 10.30 as school timing are also changed and I have to wake up early in the morning.

Diet: breakfast skimmed milk & corn flakes (Special 2K),
    11 am: 1/2 cup tea with less sugar (sometime 2 marie gold biscuits)
    Lunch: Poha or 2 paneer sandwich of multigrain bread or dalia with peas or beans or brown rice or pasta or 2 uttapam
    4.30 pm: fruit
    Dinner : one glass of milk, if feels hungry then with corn flakes.

Hope it will work.

Best Regards/ Shivani

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sensex is a pain in my #$#@$#@ while my weight loss graph did give me a high savvy.

Mrs. thanks for those nice words..hope your daughter is fine now.

LS how are you today