When to try after misscariage?Plz advice

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by cutekid, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: how soon can we conceive after miscarriage

First sorry about your Miscarriage. Hope your mind & body recovers from the loss soon!
    If its early M/C, you can start trying after completing one cycle, else wait for 3 cycles!
    [PS: reading knowledge!]
    Take care. Sticky baby dust to you.

2. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

@divya...

Even i had a miscarriage recently.. my doctor said we can plan after 1 regular cycle.

Sweety.

3. sangeeG

sangeeG Silver IL'ite

when I had one my doc advised to wait for 3 cycles

4. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

If its a first trimester miscarriage, then you have to wait for 3 cycles(as suggested to me by my doc) and ensure u are taking folic acid and other multivitamin tabs prescribed by doc during those 3 months..
    All the best and sticky baby dust to you!

5. waiting4miracle

waiting4miracle New IL'ite

Hi Divya,

I understand ur desperation and even I felt the same after my loss at 24 weeks in August 2010. I was almost at the end of the second trimester.
    After I lost the baby the doctor asked me to wait for 6 months but then I researched on the net and learnt that lots of docs advice that maybe u can get started the next cycle itself. So asked the doctor who delivered my premature baby (at my mom's home) the reason she wanted me to wait for 6 months. She said because "u will take this much time to heal emotionally". To which I said "I will heal emotionally only wen I have the baby in my arms, so just tell me when will I heal physically." Then she said 3 months.
    Wen I got back to my home and went back to my own gynae he said I cud get started wen I felt I was ready, which cud even be after the first period after childloss. He says the body heals fast so there is no need to wait. And I go with him because I was just 6 months pregnant, my friend delivered a baby after 9 months and got pregnant 2 months later. No doc advised her against the pregnancy or even cautioned her. So if her body cud take it so can others (and she is really frail). Even more so in case of early miscarriage.
    But then this is my and my doc's opinion. Every doc has their own theory. I wud suggest u speak with urs and ask why she/ he asking u to wait if at all. Take a call in keeping with that.

6. kuttimad

kuttimad New IL'ite

Hi ,
    Even i had a miscarriage recently (1st Jan). My doc is asking us to try immediately.

7. kuttimad

kuttimad New IL'ite

I had my miscarriage on 2nd of Jan ,its been 41/2 weeks now and i havent got my periods yet. How long can i wait to see dr? And also do i have to do blood test after miscarriage to know about HCG levels?

8. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

@kuttimad..

Yes your doctor has to check hcg levels every week to confirm that pregnancy is gone 100%,provided if you take natural option for loosing the baby. I took this option.

if you take option with medicines they do ultrasound after 48hrs of taking medicines to see uterus is completely empty.

Sweety.

9. proudwoman

proudwoman New IL'ite

planning after miscarriage

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing great. I am new to this site and really impressd to see how we all are sharing and caring for each other.
    I am married for 4 years now and didnt plan for baby for initial 3 years for various reason. Last Dec (2010) i realized i conceived. In january 2011 in my 7 weeks doctor confirmed that the foetus is not having heartbeat and i had given tablets to abort the pregnency. I started planning again after 6 months of wait, aroung July 2011. We get together once in 2-3 days from 7th till 20th day of my cycle. But unfortunately It's not a success still. I cross examined by the doctor again, and all the reports are good. I am regularly taking Duphastone and Folicacid tablets. Can anyone please guide me where my planning is going wrong. Doctor is telling not to worry and start with some healty diet and exercise which i have started to follow. But I am worried and want to get pregnent. Please guide and suggest.

10. devi123kar

devi123kar Gold IL'ite

Dear All,

I have a question I had 2 consequent miscarriages first one in June I conceived through IUI it was a blighted ovum lost it in 5 weeks and the second one lost it in 9 weeks in September I conceived naturally though. My Obg/gyn said he will give me clomid and I can try with that my question now is should I see my RE or just see my OB and give clomid a try. Please suggest me what to do?