1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Brazillian Waxing

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by PinkRubies, Oct 30, 2008.

1. VIP2000

VIP2000 New IL'ite

BowBow

Dear Ani,

Thanks for your concern and kindness .... you have been very considerate and helpful with all your advices. Like to see your posts here.
    Hope this goes smooth ( pun intended ... teehee ) as expected so that I can join the BW club ...lol ...:biglaugh

2. swathijan

swathijan Senior IL'ite

Hi VIP,

could you please let me know the number of the gal who came to ur hoe to do this or the name of the parlour from which the gal came.

Also please let me know how much did they charge ?
    even I live in Pune ( Keshav nagar) and am preparing myself to have BW:hide:

3. Divya4648

Divya4648 New IL'ite

I finally got the courage to get a full BW done! Is it normal for some skin types to get slightly darkers just in the front area down there? Is there anything I can put on to ease the darkness?

I didn't get the courage to go to parlour, however I bought wax myself and did it myself...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  4. VIP2000

VIP2000 New IL'ite

Dear Divya,

Now that I am hooked on to BW and do it on a regular basis on my own at home, have come up with some observations and a few solutions too on these.
    I too observed my skin getting initially red ( which it still does :hide: ) - along with an itching for few days - which has now greatly reduced and then blackening around my nether lips, mound.
    After a few experimentation I have now found a very effective remedy which has worked wonder for me. After the waxing, I scrub the area with a rough wash cloth wet with warm water. I follow it up scrubbing it with a salt/sugar scrub. Finally I apply a thick paste of Besan mixed in milk, Rose water with 3-4 drops of lemon juice for about 10/15 minutes.
    I apply this paste for a couple of days following the waxing which also soothes my skin and eliminates the itching part.
    Since a year now that I have been doing BW, my hair growth has reduced to thin and quite light colored :thumbsup I personally find the ' being baby bald' sensation quite exciting too :)

Are you into any oral contraceptives BTW ? My Doc suggested me to avoid being on the pill as the harmonal changes the pill brings also causes skin darkening in many places over the body.:notthatway:

With Luv

5. Jhaanthika

Jhaanthika New IL'ite

Hi VIP2000,

Thanks for sharing your experience......Even im planning to go for BW. But scared a lot and also feeling odd to get it done in parlours.

After how many sittings with the professional, did you try on your own? Also please tell me whether you got the same output as done by a professional when you tried on your own.

6. VIP2000

VIP2000 New IL'ite

Hi Priya,

I had to try my own skills once when my parlour gal took a long break on getting married.
    But obviously it wasnt that easy initially, but it gives me a much needed privacy and discreetness. Once it turned into a routine, I realised that its much better, faster and cheaper to do it on your own - the catch here is to learn the right technique.
    Ofcourse it also depends on ones hair growth and the skin type too
    However, would suggest you to go for an expert's service initially as you might find urself utterly clueless if you start on your own at the outset itself

Thnx

7. Jhaanthika

Jhaanthika New IL'ite

Thank you for getting back VIP2000.

Im actually looking for an expert in chennai....In case if you find any info please do let me know.....

8. Mayoura

Mayoura New IL'ite

Hey VIP,

Had read about BW some time back and was thinking of trying this out :coffee.
    But somewhere just lost it before checking it out. Now that I have read this thread, am definitely curious and intrested to know more about it and have it tried atleast once. But I would rather prefer to do it on my own, cant think of going to a parlour and ask anyone about it :bonk

Am just nervous ... hope it wont be a painful experience :hide:

9. beanstalk

beanstalk Gold IL'ite

I had it done for a while and boy is that an experience!! Its very very painful. You are expected to have trimmed the hair short, its easier to pull them out that way. Otherwise they will trim it for you. They will then give you a paper panty to hide ( well yeah hide what exactly ... lol) your stuff & lie down. The lady would then apply wax around your area front and back and start pulling it off, giving you breathers in between.

Well to be honest, this is not my favorite or top priority task. I hate it thoroughly through and through. Its suppose to get easier after a few times like waxing on other parts but it did not get any easier for me. I end up cursing the worst words in he world each and every time while getting i done. But at the ens you are baby smooth and have this super clean feeling even though you hate wearing jeans/panty or anything else for a few days ( yes it irritates for a few days)

My preference after getting it done a few time - stick to bikini wax with a good trim or shave to keep yourself clean. That would help you as much as brazilian during menses. I now keep brazilian for very few special occasions as a treat for my hubby ( may be once a yr. for valentine's or anniversary).

So Pros & Cons
    Pros: super clean feeling, baby smooth privates, sexy fell and a sexy treat for my darling

Cons: super painful(your pubic hair is stronger than any other hair in your body), walking weird for few days (ouch!! hurts/irritates for a few days under clothes), use of cold wax ( that takes longer and doesn't work that well ( they use it so they dont burn you in your tender areas), dont like strangers touching me there inappropriately ( what's approprate really when you are lying there half naked..:biglaugh )

In nutshell, cons win and I hate it. But if you plan to get it take some pain relieving pills 30 minutes in advance. Dont think it will help a lot but even a little help is better than none. BTW it costs about 30-35$ in a good salon here in Houston and may be more depending on place/salon and their upkeep

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  10. VIP2000

VIP2000 New IL'ite

Hey Beanstalk dats a nice way to sum it up. Luvd the way you have phrased it.
    Do agree with your pros n cons. For me though its exactly the pros which tempt to go for BW on a regular basis. My personal experience is dat once you are into it, in't dat painful. I even do it myself now- faster, discreet. It ofcourse depends on the type of hair you have - some like me might be finding it easier and comfortable.