Tax courses conducted by H&R Block

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by anushkrishna, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

re: Tax courses conducted by H&R Block

You are quite welcome Sindhuja - it must be due to the identity thefts that they started using the PIN number.

Anusha - hope you got your questions answered regarding taking the tax course. Since I had an accounting background when I came from India, it was easy for me to continue in the accounting line.

Let me know if you need any help in this regard.

Shobana

2. anushkrishna

anushkrishna New IL'ite

dear sindhuja and shobana

thank u very much for sharing ur valuable informations. i got answer for all questions which i had in my mind.
    and shobanag i am also having the accounting background i did my BCom and MBA finance from India.now Sitting here in H4 ideally. so i want to take up this course. as my green card is under process i will be getting my EAD so i want to equip myself before taking up my career.
    i will be joing the course as they start by september.i will definetly ask u abt my career when i take up that one
    once again thank u both of u.
    with cheers
    anusha

3. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Anusha - it is good that you are thinking ahead like this - if you are thinking of pursuing a career in the accounting field, it is a good idea to get a CPA down the road since it will open up many doors for you not just in tax, but also in auditing and other finance fields. There are a few steps that you will need to take to qualify for the exam - so, if you are ever thinking about it, let me know and I will be glad to help.

Shobana

4. anushkrishna

anushkrishna New IL'ite

haiii shobana
    ya i know abt CPA.one of my close friend is also doing CPA.i read thr the contents and had that idea in my mind.but i got conceived after that delivery ,baby its goes on like that.so i couldnt take up that.my daughter is 1 year old now.so after 2 years i may take up CPA but not now.anyway reg my career i want to land up in banking sector. do u have any idea abt that sector here in USA. good banks to work.
    with cheers
    anusha

5. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Anusha - I dont have much experience with the banking sector. Not sure if I can help you there - maybe someone else in this forum will respond to you.

Shobana

6. mayuradokania

mayuradokania New IL'ite

Hello eveyone,

Just went through the post and found it very informative.I have an accounting background so wanted some info about the CPA course as in the duration, fees of the course, institute, the scope in the US market and other important details. Also how lucrative is the H&R course. I heard it is very time consuming as in a lot of steps are involved and the returns are not that great.

Please help, waiting for ur reply eagerly.

Thanks & regards

Mayura.

7. sugandhapinto

sugandhapinto New IL'ite

Hey shobana

its me again, i read this post of you after i wrote to you there.
    I was also planning to do CPA, which i still want to pursue. However i want to start working may be part time or smthing like that and study for cpa along with that, thats why I am interested in this tax course.

could you please share with me some insights on both this course and the cpa.

thanks again.

8. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sugandha - I have not taken the HR Block course, so cannot speak for that. I hear it is pretty good for those looking to get decent experience in tax preparation. As for taking the CPA exam, contact the local board of accountancy and see how they would evaluate your education from India. You can then see what you are missing and take classes in your local university to qualify to sit for the exam.

9. lakshmilanka23

lakshmilanka23 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I need one info regarding tax course. Is it possible to study and do the work on H4 visa. Pls, let me know , is there any possible or can i change my status.

Thanks,
    Lakshmi.