1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Golden Rules for every woman

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Shanthi, Mar 31, 2007.

1. aaryambal

aaryambal Junior IL'ite

Hi,
    I'm a fifty year old woman married for 32yrs. I have some things to say regarding the Golden Rules for every married woman.
    It is very important that YOU respect YOURSELF i.e. do not take any nonsense from your in-laws just because you are the daughter-in-law of the family.
    Don't let anyone take you for granted. It is not worth being too nice to anyone.
    Help your in-laws only when they ask for it. It is important that they value your concern.
    It is not necessary to relate all your parent's families' tales, especially woes to any of your in-laws as they will take undue advantage of it. Do not criticise your family members in the presence of your in-laws under any circumstance.
    Be self-reliant in running your family.
    Try and maintain a constant consistant behavior right from the beginning. Most mistakes are made during the initial days of marriage when you play up to each other.
    Be strict regarding money matters.
    Do not talk ill of your in-laws with other relatives and friends as this will further aggravate the problem. Solve your family misunderstandings within your family. Take the help of your parents if necessary.
    Make it clear to your husband that he has to maintain a good unbiased balance between his parents and you as both of you are important to him.
    Do not allow other family members to interfere in your marital matters.
    Share the responsibilities regarding children between you and your husband so that he'll be able to know them better.
    Do not over pamper your children as they will grow up to become useless brats.

2. cgopal

cgopal New IL'ite

Shanti,

I liked your write up. Everybody goes through ups and downs but you have articulated it so well.

I am a mother of a 9 month old and could relate to a lot of things that was written. I feel all of us have to find some way or the other get out of our negativities.

Regards

3. vijayanarasimha

vijayanarasimha New IL'ite

Dear Ilites,
    I do not know whether i am eligible to write this as i am the oldest in ur group with married for 31 years.
    I intend writing about my long married journey as i call it it is full of joys and difficulties which u face in ur daily life, but one thing i agree with shanthi is that one has to leave for oneself first then only we can make others happy, since a healthy housewife is a boon to the family wherein the husband and children are not burdened with the family problems and other things and we should also love what we do then only the result from that will be excellent
    one more thing problems keep coming but we should not allow them to sit on our head but try to sit on them and solve it this way we find that for all the problems there will be definitely a solution and with every problem we become more and more matured
    vijaya:hide:

4. spriyabala

spriyabala New IL'ite

HI Shanthi,
    your thoughts are absolutely true. it is very useful too. I fully agree with you. we have to accept the things as it is. life unfold its own way. Thanks for sharing. :)
    Love
    Priya

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  5. sushmita0909

sushmita0909 New IL'ite

hi,
    this is a amazing write up... i have just startes understanding and now formulating my own rules to make things work.. and i see that u have spoken my heart out.. after i read the article I was thinking that there are many women like me.. feels happy to connect to IL sisters..

thanks
    sushmita

6. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Excellent write-up and proven theory portrayed by all my IL sisters. This gave me lot of ideas to correct myself and be happy with what i have :)

7. anurupadeb

anurupadeb New IL'ite

Hi Shanthi.

What a great article..totally njoyed it. whatever you mentioned in your article , i try

to practice tht everyday and will continue doing that .

Keep up the good work

Anu:thumbsup

8. Suganya Manickam

Suganya Manickam New IL'ite

Wow wonderful tips Shanthi. Thank you so much.

Luv
    Suganya

9. Suganya Manickam

Suganya Manickam New IL'ite

Dear Aunty,

It's just wonderful. You have voiced my thoughts. Thank you

Luv

Suganya

10. Mansskam

Mansskam New IL'ite

Very Good Post Mam!

Still not married but loved reading each wordings, which will really help me in my married life.

I think I should just paste everything in my mind which indeed will help me a lot.

excellent:thumbsup