1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yamla Pagla Deewana !!! ***

Discussion in 'Movies' started by anandisingh, Oct 22, 2010.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Madhuri Dixit and Salman Khan @ Yamla Pagla Deewana music launch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

<FORM id=community-tags-form accept-charset=UTF-8 method=post action=/entertainment/event/madhuri-dixit-and-salman-khan-yamla-pagla-deewana-music-launch>

</FORM>

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Deols and Amitabh Bachchan @ Yamla Pagla Deewana music launch

[​IMG]

<!-- END DART (iframe) -->[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

MOVIE REVIEW

Unfortunately one of the trends in Bollywood these days is to either copy a Western movie after suitably adapting it to suit Indian society or lift out great parts and scenes and lyrics from old movie hits and scrape a movie out of it somehow. Yamla Pagla Deewana is directed by Samir Karnik. It stars Dharmendra, Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol. The movie has scenes straight out of Gadar(with Sunny carrying an uprooted tubewell but he is not in Pakistan!) Sholay ( scene atop water tank) Dabbang and Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. The excuse for DDLJ scenes is that nothing sells like a wedding in India and Dharam ji is searching for a bride for Bobby.
    A forgettable attempt at comedy.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  4. mallika22

mallika22 New IL'ite

I am a confirmed Dharam ji fan and I simply love the movie. I do agree that much of the film Yamla Pagla Deewana is simply old wine in new bottle, but even then the movie does have its strengths. I liked three of the songs in the movie – Yamla Pagla Deewana, Charha De Rang and Tinku Jiya.
    The film also marks the debut of newcomer Kulraj Randhawa who makes a confident debut and plays the love interest of Bobby Deol in the film. In the second half, the movie moves to Punjab and the movie immediately jazzes up. You will find the climax fight sequence familiar – it was a staple for most movies in the 70s.
    Overall, a must see film for Deol fans.

5. nehazh

nehazh New IL'ite

Times of India has rated a 3 star. Desparate to watch the movies.
    Attached few pictures while shooting.

Attached Files:

6. piyagupta

piyagupta Senior IL'ite

I loved Yamla Pagla Deewana! The movie is high on entertainment despite the mindlessness. I enjoyed Dharam Ji and Sunny’s excellent comic timing that elicit bursts of laughter:rotfl. The humor of YPD clearly bore the Deol signature.

People who have seen movies of the Deols are sure to enjoy YPD. To others the jokes might not make any sense. From Papa Dharam’s Main Jat Yamla Pagla Deewana dance (from Pratigya) to son Sunny’s hand-pump fight scene from Gadar, they mock it all!

I was a bit disappointed with the first half of the movie after all those luring trailers. But the fun gets better as the drama builds up.
    :thumbsup

7. anandisingh

anandisingh Senior IL'ite

:thumbsup The cold wave sweeping Punjab could not dampen the spirits of the cinegoers! Punjab has risen in unison and given a SOLID response to their “munda”s for their awesome performance in Yamla Pagla Deewana. Bow:whistle:kiss

Punjabis have gathered at Sahnewal (the Pind from where Dharam Ji had boarded a train for Mumbai more than half a decade back) to soak in the nostalgic ambience of the occasion. People have walked from far off places like Jalandhar, Chandigarh etc to watch the movie in the descript movie theatre in Sahnewal to exhibit their love and affection towards the Deols.:clap:2thumbsup:

The movie seems to have conquered Punjab completely!! :cheers :hatsoff

8. amritasharma

amritasharma Senior IL'ite

Sunny Deol is elated at the response that Yamla Pagla Deewana is receiving from the audience. He is on cloud nine and is thinking about a sequel.

“We will definitely go in for a sequel now. It's very important because when people like characters, they want to see them over and over again and sequels are successful nowadays so now our energies will be focused on how to get a better subject for the sequel. In every respect, the sequel needs to be bigger and better so we'll keep that in mind,” Sunny has told the media. He added, “'We'll keep the same genre. Right now, we are just thinking on the different directions that we can take in the sequel. Roughly we also thought on the lines of taking the story to Los Angeles. but nothing is planned as of now.”

9. shaliniku

shaliniku Senior IL'ite

It is perfectly normal for Sunny Deol to be elated. He has not seen a hit in years:bonk and admits that he desperately needed one! He is happy and excited at the way the audience has responded to Yamla Pagla Deewana. The best thing, according to him, is that the viewers are coming out from the theatres in happy faces:).

What I, personally, loved the most about this movie was that it is not a slapstick (Thank God!) inspite of it having hints of spoofy gags.

The veteran Dharmendra is a delight to watch and tickles our bones with some of his witty one-liners.:biglaugh

10. JayaRawat

JayaRawat Senior IL'ite

Yamla Pagla Deewana left me confused!! I had to force myself to sit through the movie till the interval point. After the interval, I found the movie intermittently entertaining.
    But it was very disappointing to watch a movie that I liked in parts – few of the sequences bring the house down with laughter while the humour in the other scenes falls flat on its face!!
    DharamJi went hamming his way throughout the movie, though not for the first tme in his career. :bonk
    He played a conman who is low on morals and does not think twice before abandoning his family. He gets into the “kameena” mode unabashedly.:crazy:rant