1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

New to Santa Clara

Discussion in 'New to Bay Area' started by tbin, Dec 25, 2010.

1. tbin

tbin New IL'ite

Hi all,

Just moved to Santa Clara a month back.I am interested in meeting new people and making some friends. I am on h4 and have no kids so I do have a lot of free time. I can drive so if anybody is interested in going out for a movie/gym/shopping/classes or just some coffee...plz plz plz respond....:bowdown:) .

Thanks
    bin

2. sang07

sang07 New IL'ite

Hi,

I moved to Sunnyvale 3 months back. I'm also looking to make some new friends here.
    Nice to see your post!

3. tbin

tbin New IL'ite

Hi,

I am so glad that someone actually replied to my post...:D . Where do you live in sunnyvale? Would love to know more about you.

Hima

4. sang07

sang07 New IL'ite

Hey,

I moved from a different state and I'm from Chennai. I've been in US for 4 years I guess.
    How about you? When did you come to US? It will be good if we can send our info via emails :)

5. tbin

tbin New IL'ite

Hi,

I have been in the us for around 3 yrs now and we moved here from another state too. Any idea how we can exchange emails? I live near DMV, Santa Clara. Where do you live?

6. papa07

papa07 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I need some suggestions from you people.We are planning to move from columbus,ohio to sunnyvale,CA.My dh got new job there.I have few questions.....

1.What is the best way for shipping all household amd how much it will cost?

Thanks in advance

7. tbin

tbin New IL'ite

Hi Papa,

When we made our move from new jersey , the company that transported our car let us put most of our stuff in the car (trunk and back seat) . And our airlines was one of the few that still lets you checkin two pieces. And also we have been married for just 3 months at that time and we have decided not to get any furniture (bed,couch,tv and all the bulky stuff) until we find a long term project. So we left our twin bed and the few chairs we had. Let me know if you have any questions.

-tbin

8. sang07

sang07 New IL'ite

Hi tbin,

Cool so we both are in the same page :) moved from a different state!!

I live near sunnyvale hindu temple. Can we send private messages via indusladies. I'm pretty new to this not very sure.

9. papa07

papa07 New IL'ite

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.We are staying here from past 3yrs.so lot of stuff is there.we have 7months old baby.Can you tell me the apartment where you are staying?
    Where do most of the indians stay?

bye

10. tbin

tbin New IL'ite

Hi Papa,

Sorry I couldn't be of much help to you. I live near the DMV in Santa Clara. There are quite a few apartments here marina playa,marina cove and boardwalk. And as far as I know all apartments in san jose,santa clara or sunnyvale have a lot of indians. Most of the residents in the apartments I mentioned above are Indians. Let me know if you need any specific information.

tbin

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011