Experiences of NRI parents in joining their kids in chennai schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by indumathy_77, Jan 5, 2011.

1. indumathy_77

indumathy_77 New IL'ite

Hi

My daughter is 11 years and we want to return to India for good. I read many posts about schools but I did not read about NRI parents' experience in joining their kids in schools located in and around Chennai. Second language is a problem in Indian schools. Please share the details in which school you all joined your kids and the performance of the school. Has anyone joined their kids in 6th standard and above. Please share your information with me because we are totally confused about her education.

Thank you

Indu

2. indumathy_77

indumathy_77 New IL'ite

Hi All,

Your inputs are of great value for all the NRIs who want to return back to India. Please share your experiences. There are 40 views but no replies. There are many questions regarding NRI kids education in India. Only those who moved to India can answer to our questions. I read all the threads about schools and there are suggestions but we want to know what you did to join your kids in Indian schools. How did they manage their second language? Please share your inputs.

Thanks
    Indu

3. geena

geena New IL'ite

Hi Indu,
    Are you planning to move in time for the next academic session?

If you're thinking of South Chennai (day-school)You could probably try The school KFI (<cite>www.[B]theschoolkfi[/B].org).
    Usually NRI's returning try at this school. They prefer the students who reside close to the school.
    It has montessori method even in the middle school.
    Does not have the marks based pattern as in many schools.They start admission process somewhere end of the Jan. It follows the ICSE board.

The other school which follows the ICSE usually preferred by the NRI's is Harishree.
    There is another school I heard "The Grove'(ICSE). you could check up their admission process.

</cite>We also moved from overseas however my daughter was much younger than yours. We have not admitted our daughter in the Intl school coz that is just a
    means of extracting more money here in my opinion!
    We admitted her in a neighborhood primary school which follows ICSE pattern with small groups in the classrooms.
    We didn't want our kids to follow the rote learning exam based system.

Hope that helps.

4. indumathy_77

indumathy_77 New IL'ite

Hi Geena,

Thank you very much for your reply. We are planning to return this academic year. We have our house built in Vengaivasal(near Selaiyur). So we want to settle in Vengaivasal otherwise move either to Velachery or Tambaram area for schools. I don't prefer International schools and I don't want my kids to be given NRI treatments. I want good CBSE or ICSE schools with good english and math teaching and good student environment. I am concerned about the second language also. She knows to read and write Tamil. She can read tamil books.

Thank you
    Indu

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame