1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

MAA EXCHANGE on SONY TV

Discussion in 'TV' started by JuhiAgarwal, Jan 12, 2011.

1. JuhiAgarwal

JuhiAgarwal Senior IL'ite

Here comes something unique!!! “Maa Exchange”, Sony TV’s new Reality Show is going on air from today, i.e. January 12, 2011. The show will see two mothers swap families for 7 days!!:bonk

The show will be hosted by the veteran TV actress Surekha Sikri. Women from different backgrounds and cultures will exchange homes and try to discover the nuances of daily life in another woman’s house!! Looking after another woman’s family with one’s own values, rules and regulations is going to be an uphill task.:thumbsup

The show takes after the original “Wife Swap” where wives are exchanged. The concept has been altered in the Indian version to suit the Indian sensibilities.:hide::)

2. MadhujaJ

MadhujaJ Senior IL'ite

Yes, it is the Indian version of the show “Wife Swap”. But, to cater to the Indian auience’s moral values, the concept has been changed to swap mothers instead of wives.
    It would be indeed very interesting to see how the participants react when they wake up in the morning and find someone else in place of their mother? How would we feel had we been at their places?

Surekha Sikri, the famous “dadisa” of “Balika Vadhu”, will be seen in a new avatar as the host of this reality show which she claims will be different from other such shows. According to her, Maa Exchange is different! It will have “real” situations and one will not see unnecessary things in it!

3. amritasharma

amritasharma Senior IL'ite

I watched Maa Exchange yesterday! Actress and socialite Pooja Bedi has exchanged her place with Anuradha Nigam, wife of Raju Nigam, the popular comedian.

Pooja is used to managing her hugely elegant home with the help of 3 domestic helps. She suddenly finds herself in a compact home with no maid and a young child to handle:rotfl!
    Anuradha, on the other hand, is dumbfounded on Day 1 in the huge lush home of Pooja that has 2 teen kids and 3 maids.:hide:

Thus began the trials and tribulations of both the displaced mothers. Pooja, used to a clean and spotless home, got the shock of her life when she enterd Raju Nigam’s house.:biglaugh

4. piyagupta

piyagupta Senior IL'ite

When Pooja entered the kitchen she saw filth all around!! Insect-ridden foodstuff disgusted her. She asked Raju to clean the kitchen first if he wished to have home-cooked food. Soon there was tension between Raju and Pooja. Since, it was the 1st day, the socialite was allowed to order food from outside.

Anuradha was quite awkward with the domestic helps on her head. She did not know what to instruct and the first day saw utter confusion. The maids cooked whatever was asked by Pooja’s daughter Aalia and her friends.

On the 2nd day, Pooja had a tiff with Raju over tea and the kid’s food.

I'm lovin' it!! :biggrin2::lol::-D:wink:

5. mallika22

mallika22 New IL'ite

I saw the show. I am quite unhappy with the show and I hope it is not aired again or something. I feel the show has not been properly adapted for Indian sensibilities. The show is a waste of prime time. :crazy
    After a hard day's work in the kitchen and looking after every one in the family, when I sit down in front of the idiot box,:coffee I dont think I need to know how someone else's kitchen look like and what are the problems the couple faces in their day to day life.
    Finally, in one way or the other. little kids are being put to discomfort and I say KEEP CHILDREN OUT OF REALITY TV.:rant

6. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

"Wife Swap" :eek:mg: wat the hell is that?? i mean wat do they mean by wife swapping....ohh god reality shows hav lost their minds....

by the way in which channel is this being aired??