Cbse X

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Shanvy, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Cbse schools -the new grading system

radhi,yamuna,arabudupi,

I will be off for 10/15 days from coming tuesday..shifting house, net reconnection and setting up house. will separate the thread after coming back..till then continue discussions.

2. ramsi95050

ramsi95050 New IL'ite

Shanvy _ i have a quick question. In this entire CCE process, if the child is not well and due to high fever or a fracture in leg/hand etc if the kid had to miss the test, what is the process for that term even for smaller classes. Will the kid be evaluated separate basis or lose marks for entire term???

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ramsi,

sorry for the delay. i am too tied up at homefront.

the average at the end of the year goes down as the child gets 0 for that test. suppose there are 5 tests/assignments taken to average the FA2 the child's average goes down because of being absent for one test.

as far as i know, i am told that there will not be retest for the child if they are absent for a test. both my kids faced the problem during FA1. they missed one test and the average point went down.

So how is sunshine..how is your son doing.??

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear mom's

I am sure you all would have got a copy of the time table from your respective schools. the exams start on the 1st of march and enddddddddd on the 25th.

All the best..

Attached Files:

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi all Kids...All the Best!

All mom's...share your exam time experience /tips/pointers...out exam time is yet to come! Best wishes to you moms too!:cheers

Shan just wanted to share this:

Here in Singapore curriculum....what you have said...SA1, SA2 , CCAs are calculated for grades and based on that... bands. I guess it is similar to what you have just shared abt the cbse new curriculum.

Thanks!

6. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Shany/ Shanti,

I know how it is for parents to have a child doing 10 th std. I think the bug from saro ma has also caught up with you. I am an online teacher for English, if your son requires help , please do not hesitate, whatever might I can do , I shall help. There are still confusin with Tamilnadu board also. So please be calm .

7. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Very true Abi - CBSE are towing in line with the PSLE of Singapore were mutiple choice is give. This year they have started with the 9 th std and slowly it will move upwards - hence now class XI also has multiple choices.
    Students cannot skip any lessons now.

ALL THE BEST TO MOMS

8. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Thanks Nithya for the info. But honestly the PSLE system, according to me , stresses the kids a lot...the banding method...is such nonsense:rant. I have seen parents putting their kids starting from kinder1 in tuitions for maths, english and cramp all types of supplementary classes...for fear of losing out in getting into good schools because of the bands...:spin.

Hmm...will have to see !

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Viji, Yes, cbse is trying to emulate and blend with the international curriculam so that it is in par with other countries. cbse-i that is the cbse international has been introduced in 9 schools from march 2010.

Nitya, thanks for your offer. it is my daughter who writes her board exam, and this is a split of an existing thread discussing the new grading. infact few of us wanted to discuss question papers and assignments. do share with us any model papers you have for english, or for any of the other subjects for that matter.

oh, i am not tensed, nitya, in my case it is more of irritation at the not so proper introduction of the system. there is a lot of confusion and will be there. right now i do not want to comment much..

10. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

Hi shanti

my vote to you, lotsssss of confusions in the method of conducting the exams itself, now its the active research is going on, we will know the actual consequence only when the results are announced and how this consequence is going to affect the child for their 11th class admission

regards
    yamuna