Good Gynacologists in Chennai Database - Share ur Experinces too!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by swarnajhon, Jun 4, 2008.

1. swarnajhon

swarnajhon New IL'ite

I wud like to start this thread for the benefit of IL in Chennai who look for good gynacs, who really care for the patients and give proper guidance.

Request for personal experiences good or bad so that we get to benefit from each other's learning.

My bad and good ecperince!

I went to a Gynac (dont intend to name her) behind Ram theater, Kodambakkam who is claimed to be well known and seem to be thronged by many waiting to meet her whenever you go. B'cos of the crowd, she doesn't spend much time and doesn't even allow any one accompanied by the patients including the husband. No way, one can't even to talk to her and check if there are any doubts as she is always in a hurry! I found it very difficult as I needed my husband or at least some my Mom-in-law to accompany me and clarify my doubts. No one is allowed in. Very ridiculous!!!

Then I was referred to Dr.Mangayarkarasi near Jwakar school, near Vadapalani Mugrugan Temple. (as I reside around that area). I visited first time for my UTI and was impressed with her on the attention that she pays. She seems really good and very caring towards patients and spends much time, very patient and listens to and guides well. Not only for the regular, I am just 3 months now (2nd time) and I have been going to her, and she is really good.

Here, I want to share my experience. When I went to her first time, I was carrying almost 3-4 weeks went with a home test confirmation. She asked for my personal medical file (which we had luckily carried). She carefully studied my recent medical records related to the treatment that I was undergoing for some ear related problem at a very well known ENT hospital in Chennai. On going through them, she found that I had undergone radiation test (CT scan ) exactly during my first week of pregnancy. She found that we were misguided and directed by a consultant in this reputed ENT hospital for a CT scan (while it seemed not a necessity or may be for usual commercial motive). The time when CT scan was administered on me happened to be the time when my Pregnancy was just week's gestation. The gynac being very experienced ( must be 50 +) suspected that there could be a strong possibility for impact of radiation and which she also ascertained by calling and speaking to the concerned radiologist of the lab sharing the details of ENT treatment right in front of me over the speaker phone and the radiologist too did not rule out such a possibility cautioning the need for concerns over possible effects / deformities in the longer run. It did result in miscarriage later on. May be or may not be due to the same reason. However, I feel Dr.Managayarkarasi was very pro-active in reviewing other medical records related to other treatments etc and found out the mistake of the ENT consultant of that Hospital. She also took pains to ring up the concerned radiologist of the lab in front of me and confirmed certain facts on the basis of the report and the timing of the pregnancy. She was also furious about the ENT hospital for their negligence in not only on their failure to ensure care to check for patient details (especially me and my husband were young couple and were just married since 3months), and also for not ensuring care when it comes to recommending radiation related tests to possibly pregnant women or even to normal women without checking them for pregnancy related details and thus wrongly prescribing such a test which could have been avoided for the kind of ear ailment that I had. She also cautioned us (me n my husband) on the lack of awareness and the need for being informed about such things, which was like an eye opener for us and made us to realize that such an awareness is required not only amongst the uneducated even amongst the well educated ones like us.

May be due to this experience of mine and the continued professional care shown by this gynac during my regular visits to her, I feel very comfortable with her and also feel that it's rarely that we come across medical professionals such as Dr.Mangayarkarasi. (This is purely my personal experience).

Any one looking for gynacs in around Vadapalani,Ashok Nagar,Kodambakkam can check with her. She consults in the evenings from her home (Sivananda Clinic) little beyond Vada.Palani Murgan Temple, on the main road towards Ashok Nagar. I think,She is also a consultant at Devaki hospital. (Her number is 944497686).

Of course we did change the ENT consultant and found Dr.Subramaniam, an elderly doctor who is really attentive as much as Dr.Mangayarkarasi. (Many big hospitals run in the name of single doctor reputation seem really money making machines)

Please share such experiences, good/bad practices, learnings, and possibly ONLY good gynecologists in Chennai. We really need to identify good ones for every one's benefit. We don't mind them charging more (what's due) as long as they really do justice to their profession.

2. Winniethepooh

Winniethepooh Senior IL'ite

Delivery in chennai

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the best doctors to consult for delivery in chennai? I've heard from my aunts and cousins Dr.Nirmala Jayashankar of Apollo is very good. Where does she deliver babies at Greams Road or Ponthamallee or both?
    kindly help me with your inputs

take care all
    vini

3. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

Re: Delivery in chennai

Hi Vini,

I do not know much about Dr Nirmala, but have heard that the delivery is in Greams road.

I went to Seethapathy Clinic, Royapettah and consulted Dr Uma Ram and Dr Shobana Mahadevan. The doctors and the clinic is too good. Dr Shobana practises in Apollo Kotturpuram too.

4. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

Re: Delivery in chennai

I can simply vouch for Dr.Nirmala Jayshankar. She is our family friend.I personally havent met her, but my parents know her very well..been to her house for dinner and all.You can safely place your bets with her. Man, she is too good at what she does. Plus, my sister had some irregular periods and such problems even after marriage and we went to Doc nirmala..All is well.Good luck to you.

5. Falss

Falss New IL'ite

suggestions for Chennai hospitals...delivery

Hi All,

I am currently in Dubai & 3 months pregnant. I will be coming to chennai for my delivery during my 6th month of pregnancy.

Please suggest me hospitals, Good Gynacologists n obs, facilities & pregnancy packages......someone who has had very recently the experience. In my family many years back they have bben to Dr. Vasanthi & Dr. Rekha Kurien, Dr.Padma Joseph.

any reviews @ the Mehta hospital??

I am from Chennai basically but so confused about delivery n stuff out there.

-Thanks
    Fals.

6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Re: suggestions for Chennai hospitals...delivery

Hi Falss,
    Congrats!
    Take into consideration a few things before zeroing in on your gynec!
    The hospital should be in an area closer home so that distance will not be a problem! Post delivery care is very imoportant for mom and baby!
    There are so many dependable gynecs now you will have a tough time choosing one!

7. sridevipc

sridevipc Silver IL'ite

hi ,
    i reside in porur chennai , i tried with so many docs in and arround chennai , i was not satified with any
    as swarnajhon i had problem with docs who are not even ready to ask issue that we face

because of this i faced lot of problem including fall in bp , weight , i even use to get blood while vomitting, got stomach ulcer

finally i met dr saraswathy gynic (miot hospital) chennai , ramapuram

the hospital is well equiped , has seperate sec for gynic

the dr and her assist remebers each one of us even by name

and the treatment is good , if u r working they use to giv appoinment accordingly

only prob is u need to wait for taking test

8. shachu

shachu Senior IL'ite

From word of mouth we have heard Dr Savitri Subramanyam in Ashok Nagar is very good. She practices in Vijaya hospital, Vadapalani.

Any thoughts?

9. Raadhu2009

Raadhu2009 New IL'ite

Hello

Anyone please confirm if Dr Mangayarkarsi mentioned here is the same one who is visiting Rakshith Hospital Valasaravakkam?

Fed up in my search for Gynecologists around Ashok nagar / KK nagar / Valasaravakkam Area. Im in my 5th month of pregnancy.

Please help

10. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

Dr shanthi sanjay from venkateshwara hospital nandhanam

She is one of the best gynaec in Chennai. I am in my 28th week. I can strongly recommend her to anyone. She is a perfect Dr I have ever seen.

When I was 10weeks pregnant I went to dr krithukia devi in tambaram, where we took our 1st scan. She just scared a hell out of me saying my gestational sac growth is low, so prescribed many tablets to avoid miscarriage.

Later we googled alot and found Dr.shanthi sanjay, she don't prescribe any unnecessary tablet unless it's needed. During our 1st visit the 1st thing she told is to stop all the medicines (which I took for 3 days) and told me my sac growth is completely fine.everything us normal. Told to take only folic acid nd dha tablet. Till now I am taking only that tablet. Highly recommended

chandrakiran likes this.