1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Ladies from Chicago - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Chicago' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. kavikutti

kavikutti New IL'ite

I am kavitha. Live in bolingbrook..:thumbsup

2. happyshoegirl

happyshoegirl New IL'ite

Hello....my name is Vandana (happyshoegirl) and I live in Romeoville (near Rt 59) with my husband. We moved from Westmont in May and I hope to make some friends in this area. It would be really nice to get to know people and hang out. I am originally from Bangalore, India.

3. kavikutti

kavikutti New IL'ite

hi vandana,

i do work in westmont only, near cass avenue..good to see your mssg

4. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies

I am Charu - a North Indian (Chandigarh), staying in Hoffman Estates (Chicago suberbs) currently.I hit this website by mistake but am a regular visitor, thanks to the variety of discussions and the ease of expression that it offers.
    Professionally/academically - I am an engineer and work as a Program Analyst in a leading software company back in India. I have worked in multiple locations in India and abroad, like, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mohali, Chandigarh, US, London etc..
    This is my second trip to Chicago - the first one being an year long stay, about 2 years back and i was here on a demanding telecom project.
    Now, i have been married for 7 months and ever since have been in Chicago, accompanying my husband on his project. However, i am on dependent VISA this time and am on a vacation from my work. Am waiting to get back to working here/back at home.

My hobbies include music - in all its forms - listenning to it, composing, singing, dancing to it :queen. I also like reading fiction - J Archer, Mario Puzo and the like. I used to like cooking but now that it has become a daily affair, i seldom feel that motivated shakehead.

Well, thats more or less about me :cheers

Cheers!
    Charu..

5. girisiva

girisiva New IL'ite

Hi

I am in Westmont for the last 8 years. I am a CPA and work in a health insurance company in OakBrook. I have 2 daughters aged 9 and 2. My husband is a owner of a startup company. Even though i have been in this place for soo long, i have not had time to make many friends due to various commitments through the years and i look forward to making new friends now.

Girija

6. preeya

preeya New IL'ite

Hi
    I am Priya.We are moving to Bloomington,IL in a few weeks.
    Anybody in that area??
    We have a 4 yr old so any recommendations on preschools or elementary schools in the area would be great..
    thanx

7. sunshine73

sunshine73 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I'm, smita and i live in deerfield(northwest suburb of chicago),IL.I moved here 2 yrs ago.I'm originally from delhi and am really looking forward to networking with other indians / moms from around here.I have an 8 yr old daughter and now i'm expecting my 2nd baby by end of april.Somebody on this forum mentioned about having a meet for all members of this group.....i think its a great idea.

8. ssjohn28

ssjohn28 New IL'ite

Hi everybody,

My name is Sunitha. I am living in Gurnee, IL with husband and 18 month old son. My hometown is Kerala.
    I am an IT professional but currently am a SAHM and awaiting H1B for 2009.
    Really glad to have found this site with all you lovely ladies...

My hobbies include ofcourse surfing the net, reading, playing Badminton etc.
    and definitely hoping to make some good friends...

9. bostonrad

bostonrad New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm Radhika and this forum has been my most recent serendipity. My family is moving to the Chicago area shortly - Naperville to be precise. I have 2 sons - a 3.5 yr old and a 7 month old. I've been in the Us for over 10 years now but this is our first time in Chicago - i really look forward to meeting the local seniors and making friends for myself and my boys. I'm trained to be an engineer academically and have worked extensively in the area of supply chain management and logistics. Although right now i am a SAHM !!
    Some of my long lost hobbies - photography, pottery (a total novice), and music and food - tasting different cuisines - more than cooking :)!!

I saw a couple entries for around the Naperville/Aurora area - Anitha and Tharini - i'd love to get in touch with you folks - pls respond if you are still in the area.

Thanks!

10. Anusuresh

Anusuresh New IL'ite

Hi,

I am Anu and am planning to move to schaumburg or Hoffman estates next month ,we have a 7 year old daughter. Please suggest some good apartments with lot of Indians and also a good public elementary school.

I am moving from Bangalore.
    waiting for inputs