1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Zee Cine Awards 2011 to be held in Marina Bay Sands, Singapore

Discussion in 'Movies' started by puni88, Jan 5, 2011.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Zee Cine Awards 2011 to be held in Marina Bay Sands, Sands Grand Ballroom - the largest ballroom in Southeast Asia
    Come January 2011 and the Singapore’s grandest hotel property, Marina Bay Sands will be all abuzz with guests who have flown in to witness the biggest names in Bollywood - Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Deepika Padukone, Arjun Rampal among many others - to be a part of Zee Cine Awards 2011. With preparations already well underway, the hotel is already a beehive of activity with people working at lightning speed to get things done in time for the grand event that is slated to be held on January 14, 2011.
    The most astounding aspect in this edition of Zee Cine Awards is that the entire ceremony is not being held at a huge outdoor setting but rather indoors in the Sands Grand Ballroom which is considered to be the largest in South East Asia. It can hold a capacity of a staggering 11,000 delegates. To accommodate the larger than life set up, the stage is being custom made from scratch in a way that will ensure optimum viewing pleasure from each seat. The building designed by Moshe Safdie is grander in scale than anything that’s ever built in Singapore.
    The manner in which the building interacts with the light and embraces the location it is in so that everywhere you walk, you get a view of the river, city and ocean. The sheer scale is at first overwhelming until your senses adjust and you start to appreciate the details, such as the 2561 rooms and suites, the Sands SkyPark® with 150 meter infinity pool, the Art Path where Marina Bay Sands invested over tens of millions of dollars in specially commissioned art installations, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands which has 800,000 sq ft of retail and restaurant space, 7 celebrity chef restaurants, the ArtScience Musuem and 2 Broadway style theatres.
    With a huge Bollywood star ensemble expected at the event, the excitement in the air is palpable amongst the staff as well as they pull out all stops to ensure that it is nothing less than a runaway success! The event is sure to be one that is infused with the opulence & grandeur of Bollywood as some of the biggest names in the industry find their way to Singapore for the occasion.
    The grandeur of Marina Bay Sands is evident to every guest who has visited the resort right from movie stars to businessmen. Even King Khan (Shah Rukh Khan) was mesmerized by the grandeur of the property at his recent stay at the resort and remarked, "I think it's fantastic! I was just on the phone to my wife saying it is one of the most fantastic hotels I've seen. Really wonderful. I want to go up and check the SkyPark, I'll take my kids up there to swim when I come back in January.”
    Even Suhashi Dhami the lead of Zee TV’s popular show Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli also couldn’t help but be awestruck by the sheer splendor of the Ballroom and the amenities provided at Marina Bay Resort. “It’s magnificient & grand! I don’t think anyone will ever leave once they set foot inside this property. I’ve yet so much to explore & I don’t mind being one of those fairytale princesses imprisoned on this island; it will be nothing but a sheer delightful experience.” Suhasi spent a wonderful time at the Marina Bay Sands recently when the show had a track that was shot in Singapore.
    Set against such a breath taking backdrop, the Zee Cine Awards will leave no stone unturned to entertain viewers who get the opportunity of a lifetime to watch it live in Singapore and also for television audiences later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

Dear Puni
    Thanks for the info. The place looks grand.

3. piyagupta

piyagupta Senior IL'ite

The award ceremony will take place on January 14, 2011 at this astounding venue. The place would be abuzz with guests who would fly in to witness that Bollywood stars.:cheers

The most amazing aspect of this edition of the Zee Cine Awards is that the entire function is not being held at a huge outdoor setting, but indoors in the Sands Grand Ballroom which is considered to be the largest in South East Asia. It has the capacity to hold a staggering 11,000 invitees.

Set against a breath-taking backdrop, this edition of the Zee Cine Awards is sure to entertain viewers to the fullest.

:thumbsup

4. shaliniku

shaliniku Senior IL'ite

Let’s have a look at the Zee Cine Awards 2011 Nominations

Best Actor Male:cheers
    Ajay Devgn - Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai
    Akshay Kumar -
    Hrithik Roshan - Guzaarish
    Ranbir Kapoor - Raajneeti
    Salman Khan - Dabangg
    Shah Rukh Khan - My Name Is Khan

Best Actor Female:thumbsup
    Aishwarya Rai - Guzaarish
    Anushka Sharma - Band Baaja Baaraat
    Deepika Padukone - Break Ke Baad
    Kajol - My Name Is Khan
    Kareena Kapoor - Golmaal 3
    Vidya Balan - Ishqiya
    Katrina Kaif - Raajneeti

Best Film of the Year:bowdown
    Dabangg
    Golmaal 3
    My Name Is Khan
    Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai
    Peepli [Live]
    Raajneeti

5. JayaRawat

JayaRawat Senior IL'ite

Well, Peepli [Live] deserves to be the best film of the year – it has redefined the grammar of Indian cinema!! According to me, Vidya Balan deserves the Best Actor Female Award for Ishqiya. There were a number of good performances by the male actors and it is going to be a tough decision.

The other nominations for the ZEE Cine Awards are:

Best Director
    Abhinav Kashyap - Dabangg
    Karan Johar - My Name Is Khan
    Milan Luthria - Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai
    Prakash Jha - Raajneeti
    Sajid Khan - Housefull
    Sanjay Leela Bhansali - Guzaarish

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa - Song of the Year
    'Bin Tere' - I Hate Luv Storys
    'Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji' - Ishqiya
    'Munni Badnaam Hui' - Dabangg
    'Pee Loon' - Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai
    'Sajdaa' - My Name Is Khan
    'Sheila Ki Jawani' - Tees Maar Khan

6. puni88

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan at Zee cine awards 2010

<TABLE><TD vAlign=top width=620>[​IMG]

She is looking lovely in Manish Malhotra.

The event is being held at Singapore.

[​IMG]

7. puni88

Deepika Padukone & Akshay Kumar at the Zee Awards 2011

[​IMG]

Spotted are Deepika Padukone, Sajid Khan & Akshay Kumar (who will be hosting the awards).
    Credit for images: Daylife.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. puni88

Hrithik Roshan & Suzanne @ Zee Cine Awards

<TABLE><TD vAlign=top width=620>[​IMG]

9. puni88

[​IMG]

SRK & Arjun Rampal

[​IMG]

<FORM id=community-tags-form accept-charset=UTF-8 action=/entertainment/event/prachi-desai-arjun-rampal-shah-rukh-khan-zee-cine-awards method=post>

</FORM>

10. sheebros

sheebros Bronze IL'ite

hey nice pic
    thnks for sharing puni