1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Washington DC Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Washington DC' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. meghanshu

meghanshu New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I don't know whether i should post here but well it says Washington DC . We recently moved from CA to Ellicott city close to DC so if any ladies staying in this area and would be interested in starting a group pls reply:goodidea:. I have a 4 year old girl.

Hoping to get some replies.

Thanks and have a super day,

Meghanshu
    :)

2. Sonum

Sonum New IL'ite

Meghanshu

Welcome! Thank God, they renamed it to Washington DC, it was so confusing. I too moved from California (Los Angeles) to DC four years back. Where in Cal did you move from? I live in Fairfax. No kids yet but expecting one in Jan. Where in India are you from?

Pavani and Archana, please join us! :):)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  3. GayathriSundar

GayathriSundar Senior IL'ite

Greetings,

My name is Gayathri. We moved to the Washington DC metro area around 3 years ago from Sunnyvale, CA. I live with my husband and son in Herndon, VA (5 miles from Dulles International Airport). I work in Arlington, VA. I have been in the USA for a little more than 5 years.
    Ladies in the Reston, Herndon, Fairfax area please feel free to send me private messages. I would love to interact with you and get to know the latest happenings - like when did Patel Brothers in Fairfax get Mangoes from India!!! It is so sad that we missed the Mangoes!!! :icon_frown: I love Mangoes and that is the one things I miss a lot about India.

Have a great 4th of July, stay away from the sun.

Regards
    Gayathri

2 people like this.
  4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sonum,

Thanks for pointing this out. We have updated it. Hope DC ladies can keep this forum one of the most active city forums in IL.

1 person likes this.
  5. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

Hi
    This is ramya and iam residing in baltimore,MD.Iam new to baltimore but before that i was in greenbelt,MD. If anyone knows about indian festivals like chithirai thiruvizha or some other community festivals,pls let me know..and if anyone(house wives) near MD,interested in making friends you are welcome to do so..i would like to interact with many friends as i don't have anybody over here...
    thanks
    ramya

1 person likes this.
  6. Sonum

Sonum New IL'ite

Welcome Ramya. Meghanshu lives in MD. Gayathri and I are in Virginia. Feel free to chat or PM.

1 person likes this.
  7. xena2007

xena2007 New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

This is Radhika and i am living in Fairfax from 3 years . No kids yet. Would like to make friends who are in Fairfax area.

Thanks,
    Radhika

8. Ushie

Ushie Senior IL'ite

Hi

I am currently living in virginia for 5 years, originally from chennai. I like this website very much. looking for ward to talk to you all in future.

have a nice day:-D

9. shyamal

shyamal New IL'ite

hi all:wave
    i m shyamal ,i m new to this community...currently i m residing at seattle,WA(d.c). I got married in june n came here in july....being on h4 i cant do job here..so i keep myself buisy in browsing n searching new things.
    i born and boroughtup in allapalli .its very small village in state maharashtra.my mothertounge is marathi.my hobbies are reading,watching t.v.,listening music.i m interested in making new friends from diffrent parts of world ,to know about them, their cultures,hobbies...n share new ideas with them .thats why i m here.......:)

what more i can say....we will get to know each other as time go by....

with warm regards
    shyamal

10. shyamal

shyamal New IL'ite

Re: Washington Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

hi leena
    myself shyamal ...i live at bellevue which is also in seattle..may i know....where do u live in seattle?

regards
    shyamal