Migrating from UK, need help about work and education in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Indians in New Zealand' started by mouli_7, Nov 1, 2007.

1. nn23

nn23 New IL'ite

Re: planning to migrate to NZ

Thanks Vidya, once again :)!

2. lesasue86

lesasue86 New IL'ite

Guys think twice before you move to Aussie or NZ, they are attacking indians everyday. There are several people who are canceling there work permit or student visas and moving to other places except these two. Racist attacks have become so common that people are scared to walk out in the night as well as day.

3. myanilkumar

myanilkumar New IL'ite

Migarting to AuckLand, New zealand

Hi All,

I am from Singapore. I got offer in New Zealand around a Package of 70K Per annum. Is it enough to have a normal life in Auckland for a small family with one year baby. Please advise on this.

Cheers.

4. jive

jive Junior IL'ite

Re: Migarting to AuckLand, New zealand

Hi there, Not sure if you are still looking for a response. I Am not a very active member in IL and hence the late reply.I live in Auckland.70k is a good salary to live as a family here.
    Pls feel free to ask if you need any other info.
    Have a nice trip and good luck with your new job.

Cheers

5. peekyboo

peekyboo Senior IL'ite

Hi there, I am posting on behalf of my sis in law, She is an Indian Citizen, and holding onto a workpass in Singapore.

Educationally, she has a Bachelors & Masters In Education from Meerut University and AMity University.

She is wanting to apply for PR in New Zealand. , what are the first steps that she should take ? I would appreciate some feedback and advise.

thanks

6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Any particular immigration agency that you guys suggest to approach for NZ immigration? How are you planning for immigration and what are hte steps to be taken? I am trying to gather some information on the same on the requirements.

7. lotus99

lotus99 Senior IL'ite

Hi SriVidya75,

No need for any immigration agencies - its quite simple to do everything online through nz govt immigration website.
    The information below is applicable if you are applying for residence.

The first step is to submit an EOI (Expression of Interest) online.
    Each week based on the points, EOIs will be selected from the pool and if yours is selected then you will be notified of that. Do check the website for the current rules on the selection point etc.
    There is a validation period which in my case took about a month and a half.
    At the end of it, you would be 'invited to apply for residence' - this is when you collect all your documents like medicals, IELTS, qualification certificates, birth certificates etc..You will be given a period of 4 months to do this.
    Once you submit your residence application, its a long wait..In my case, it was a wait for nearly 9 months then a face to face interview in delhi..couple of months of waiting again then got the work to residece visa( if you have a job offer then you would get residence straight away if not, work to residence mostly).
    Note that I applied while living in India, I have heard from friends who applied from other places like middle east that it took a lot less time.

8. praba1979

praba1979 New IL'ite

hi i am praba i m from tamilnadu i saw ur posts in this forum .......have u migrated to NZ already..............i have applied for NZ permenant residence ..........shall v keep in touch since v both are trying to migrate to NZ it would be good for us to share information

9. mouli_7

mouli_7 New IL'ite

Hi Prabha,
    Yes It's been 2 yrs in NZ, we got PR before comming here only, if you need to know anything do let me know, happy to share things with you. Which place r u comming to here in NZ, I am in auckland.
    Take care
    shwetha

10. praba1979

praba1979 New IL'ite

hi swetha,
    Thank you so much for your reply. I have lot of questions(please help me by giving me some advise,we will keep in touch so that you can give me your advice one at a time .......please........i hope i am not bugging you) Actually I am in a dilemma (whether to move to NZ or to Australia).............well as an introduction about myself..........

I am from Tamil Nadu, India. Presently I am working in IT in India. I have an experience of 10 years in the software industry. I recently came back to India from USA, after working there for almost 8 years in the IT sector. Recently, I applied for the permenant residence in NZ through the points based skilled migrant category. I want to find a job in NZ even before I get my permenant residence in NZ, because that will give me more points in my permenant residence processing(if i have a job offer in NZ).

1.Please let me know the source that (like an consultancy) that would help me to get me a job offer in NZ.
    2. Did you have a job offer before moving to NZ (did you have points for a job offer in NZ)
    3. Did you straight away get the PR or the work -to-residence visa first?

I would really appreciate your response.

Waiting for your reply

Thanks
    Praba

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011