1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

IRRFAN KHAN- talent gets its due

Discussion in 'Movies' started by BandanaSen, Jan 4, 2011.

1. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

Here is some great news for 2011.
    The enormously talented Irrfan Khan is getting his due. This year his film Saat Khoon Maaf will be releasing in February 2011. The film is directed by Vishal Bharadwaj. The film stars Priyanka Chopra and Irrfan Khan plays one of her seven husbands. Later this year, another of his movies "Pan Singh Tomar" will be released.
    Although Irrfan is not rated very high in the looks department, his talent and acting prowess has fetched him quite a few roles in Hollywood both in movies and TV serials. His role in the daily soap "In Treatment " has been widely appreciated.

2. mallika22

mallika22 New IL'ite

I love the acting of Irrfan Khan. There is a silent, brooding intensity about him which has time and again earned him roles as well as recognition in foreign shores.
    The first film of Irrfan Khan that I saw was the film Warrior directed by the British filmmaker Asif Kapadia. The film won a BAFTA award. He also starred in the film A Mighty Heart alongside popular Hollywood actor Angelina Jolie. The movie was based on the kidnapping and beheading of Daniel Pearl by fundamentalists. Another recent film starring Irrfan Khan was the Slumdog Millionaire where he plays a Police Inspector.
    Irrfan Khan is easily the most successful Indian actor in Hollywood.

3. raginisharma

raginisharma Senior IL'ite

I remember seeing Irrfan Khan for the first time in Ek Doctor Ki Maut! I remember seeing him in another movie called Such A Long Journey.

Irrfan became an internationally known face when The Warrior opened in international film festivals in 2001.

He was awesome in Maqbool. He played the title role in this critically acclaimed movie which was an adaptation of Shakespeare’s Macbeth.

A short film titled “Road to Ladakh” starring Irrfan had received rave reviews in 2003-04 and is now being made into a full-length movie with none other than Irrfan in it!

I think his first Bollywood lead role was in “Rog” which was relelased in 2005.

4. JayaRawat

JayaRawat Senior IL'ite

Oh! I simply love Irrfan Khan!! He is a superb actor:bowdown!! He was too good in The Namesake and A Mighty Heart!:thumbsup I fell in love with his acting in the movie Life in a Metro – he bagged the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for that role. I can never forget the scene where Irrfan and Konkona sit and talk on the beach, the day before Irrfan’s marriage. In fact every scene that had Irrfan was hilarious and awesome!!

I have also seen him act in another international film named The Darjeeling Limited.

In 2008, he featured as a narrator in an Arts Alliance Production, id-Identity of the Soul. The performance toured worldwide with thousands of audience turning out to see the event as it toured.
    :bowdown

5. Aparna77

Aparna77 Senior IL'ite

There is no doubt that Hollywood bosses are pleased with Irrfan Khan. In fact he is shortly going to start shooting for a Spiderman film.:thumbsup
    Before he became a big name, Irrfan Khan appeared in quite a few television serials. I recall seeing him in the serial Chanakya and Chandrakanta in Doordarshan. He also appeared in the serials Darr and Star Bestsellers on the Star Plus channel. He made quite a convincing villain in Darr.
    My cousin who lives in the States tells me that Irrfan also appeared as the character Sunil in the serial In Treatment which appeared on the HBO channel.:)

6. JoyshreeGupta

JoyshreeGupta Senior IL'ite

There is news on the Irrfan Khan front. The talented actor is going to star in a film based on Salman Rushdie’s Booker Prize winning novel called Midnight’s Children. The novel is about a character Saleem Sinai who is born at the exact hour India is declared independent. Besides Irrfan Khan, the movie also stars Rahul Bose, Nandita Das,and Shabana Azmi. The film is being directed by celebrated director Deepa Mehta.
    Salman Rushdie himself was involved in adapting the novel for the screen. The film is expected to be called the Winds of Change. The film will be shot in Sri Lanka.

Source : The Hindustan Times

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011