A School- Chettinad groups

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by praveenavijay, Mar 11, 2009.

1. visat

visat New IL'ite

BAD EXPERIENCE in A School

We enrolled our daughter in Sep 2009 for year 2010 in A school. The school reopened on Jun 28th and we took our daughter to the Annanager branch. Her name was registered and we were asked to meet the other teacher to complete the admission.

We misplaced the fee receipt(big mistake on our side which also showed how cunning A school was) while shifting our house. We explained our situation and assumed A school had all students records. They made us wait and called the Mount road office. Not sure what was happening for about 30 mins, the lady came to ask some questions to my husband and went back for another 30 mins. They called us again and said we need to pay the fees again. We said, it is a mistake on our side, but doesnt A school have record for all the students enrolled. No answer and another phone call to the Mount road office. waitied for 15 mins. Lady said sorry, you have to pay the fees again and made my husband talk to the person(don know who it was) in the Mount road office. My husband mentioned, if receipt is the problem, we will look for it and come back in a day or two to avoid all this hassle.

She replies, No Sir, receipt is not the problem. Since you paid in Sept 2009, it was applicable for last year and you need to pay for 2010. This time we were really mad at them and said we paid for Academic year 2010. We waited from 11Am to 1PM without any proper response. Some teachers were running around to serve cookies to kids (please note, only to kids who had paid and admitted). It was very mean on their side.

The last thing they said was they'll get back to us in a week's time. I will provide the update on ce we hear from them

Initially, even I felt, they were very courteous and answered all my questions. Only when I went there, I knew how mean they were

Just wondering
    1. Are they maintaning any records for kids, fees paid, for which year are the kids enrolled etc?
    2. When kids are enrolled in a particular branch, why cant the respective branch have all the information instead of calling the main branch for every question?

I am sick of this school and decided not to enroll my daughter here. Even if they get back to us, I will not join my child in A school.

Just sharing my experience so parents can be a little alert and ask all questions before paying the money.

2. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hi visat, sorry for the trouble and confusion you are going thru.. I dont know what to say but looks like there is lot of miscommunication happening there.. is AnnaNagar branch opened only this year? if yes, then you can proove your point saying why would someone pay the whole year fees if it was for sep2009 - march 2010.. ask them to give you a print out of the record they have saying the fees you paid is for year 2009 and not for 2010. dont wait for 1 week for them to come back. Go to the main office in mount road and patiently explain to them and give them time to check their records and show you what they have. just sharing what I would do this if I were in this situation.

my DS is in Ashok Ngr branch and so far doing fine. Yes, there was lot of confusion for the first 10 days with children crying and screaming and teachers themselves were settling down.. looked like with time all will settle down.. and yes they seemed to have settled down quite well. DS is happy to go there and all teachers know him by name and he listens to the teachers.. he has already learnt few new rhymes and trying his best to converse in english :) he is in the after school program as well.

Parents, do come back with your feedback/ observations so far.. Thanks.

3. visat

visat New IL'ite

Hi Arti,

thanks for your reply. I got my daughter admitted in Schram academy. Now we need to check with A school for refund which is very doubtful that we'll get. The first day hiccup, not being very organised, talking differently before and after collecting money made me hate that school and we never considered going back there.

My daughter will join UKG from Sept 2010 in Schram academy.. I will update as to how the school is after she goes there.

Thanks
    Vidhya

4. truth02010

truth02010 New IL'ite

Warning for all parents about A-School
    Dear Parents,
    I kindly request you all to understand the truth. This A-School gives admission to pre KG students and Mentally retarded kids in same class and charge Rs 10K additional for them. We found some instance like the mentally retarded kids are biting & beating the normal kids ( Reported at Anna nagar/ Alwarpet ..) . When the issue taken to A-School main office we faced poor response & they said this common at some branches . Now the kid need to undergo a surgical treatment to clear the bit marks (7 bits).
    I request to ensure the safety the your kid or move your kid to some good school
    Truth from wounded Parent

5. rmanjula

rmanjula New IL'ite

Hi,

Really sorry to hear abt it. The teachers are to be blamed for not taking responsibility for the children under them. The class size is small ,15- 18 in a group and hence the teacher must have an eye on what each student is doing. You could change to another environment if you find the teacher's ability inadequate.
    Most of the schools take in children with mild learning difficulties,don't know if we could select a school based on this. The care each child receives is what matters most. Hitting/fighting could happen between normal kids too , teacher should take care that nothing serious happens.

My son goes to West Mambalam branch,we had been sharing transport with two other kids in our area. One of the kid has learning difficulties , her grandpa comes along and takes care on the way , there is also separate nurse at the school who attends to the child. Yes , they have to pay extra. We have no issues or complaints as along as each kid is given proper attention.

My son has settled and is happy going to school.
    He sings rhymes when playing at home, we did visit the school on a saturday, to understand what is being taught since we were suprised to hear hindi rhymes from my DS. The counsellor was not available but though the teacher shouldn't be talking to the parents directyy, was able to show us worksheets that he did in class. They have 7 short periods, 15 - 20 min each and the children are taught rhymes , numbers , alphabets , colouring etc..
    They teach hindi, tamil and english rhymes, have asked for a copy of it. We have to drop by on a weekday to take it from the administrator, yet to collect this. The teacher was enthusisatic and knew my DS well.

We wanted a playway method of teaching for our DS and are so far happy with it. The major hiccup was the transport since we have found an alternative , things are going on fine for now.

6. Anithapraveen

Anithapraveen New IL'ite

Hi all,

My son is 5.4 yrs now and we admitted him in "A school" in Oct 2010.At the time of admission they said he will be in UKG but now they say that according to his age he should be in 1 std and next year 2nd std.. I am totally confused he will be only 5.9 yrs by june and how can he be in 2nd std.. Can anyone tell me the age criteria in CBSE ...

7. rmanjula

rmanjula New IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

For A school , they have the age criteria offset at 31st Dec. Children born on or before 31st Dec 2005 will move to 1st std in the academic year starting June 2011. If your kid is 2004 born , then he would be in 2nd std for June 2011.

8. Anithapraveen

Anithapraveen New IL'ite

Hi Manjula,

Thanks for the reply.. My son's D.O.B is 8th sep 2005. So he should be in 1 std in the academic year 2011.Yesterday i had a talk with the admin person she told me that they have admitted him in 1 std during the admission ( i.e in october 2010) ,but we told them to put him in UKG.. How can they admit a 5 yr old child in 1 std during admission.. we have scheduled a meeting with the board on friday. Lets see what they say..

9. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Parents having their LO going to Aschool, please let me know how the transition to highschool is done here.. Are they directly moved to Chettinad vidyashram from Istd?
    If so are all moved to RApuram branch.. I heard new brances of high school is coming from other location.. any idea on that.. i am particular about medavakkam pallikaranai area..

10. kaalspriya

kaalspriya New IL'ite

Hi all
    We are in Pammal area and i found chetianad a school has a branch in pallavaram. I want to know abt the branch in pallavaram school infrastructure, whether all the branches cum under single management and standard, and my kids are twins a girl and a boy 2.5 yrs old i m planning to put them in school in LKG next year what kind of interview questions should i prepare them

Regards
    PRIYA
    :coffee