Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    went to Venus today and got some chocolate slabs and wrappers, rum essence (at last). I want to get it right- for the plum cake, the dry fruits (not nuts) should be soaked in store-bought orange juice (can fresh juice be used?) in which rum essence is added- right? Can the essence be 2 tsps?
    Another thing is- I had prepared the golgoppas many years back from a recipe from Mangayar Malar. The recipe had said to mix the dough with the starch (kanji) of rice. The golgoppas were very good- only the procedure was elobarate. I did not record it, unfortunately.

2. Chitra Anand

Chitra Anand Bronze IL'ite

Dear NS,
    you missed this post,I think :hide::)

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra,
    Belive me, I did reply you. But as soon as I clicked 'submit reply', the power went off & later I forgot to check!!
    You have tried quite a few of my 'latest'; recipes - I m very happy!
    Thanks.
    All the best to you & yours in 2011.:thumbsup
    Love,
    C

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo,
    Good that you got choc slabs because I am back to choc making. As it always happens, I was browsing through my old, old recipe notes when I got the recipes for various centres for choc. Those days I used to make home-made choc - not so easy as today. Since I want to post all of them in SBS, I am planning to start a SBS choc thread in SBS forum. It was, when I took out that note book, that I got my old, old golgoppa recipe, my Guju friend taught me!! I promptly posted it for Deepa. This is very easy & now with FP, we can knead easily!
    Add 1/4 tsp essence to orange juice, just enough to soalk tutti frutti. The essence has to be very subtle.

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    the SBS thread is so good, with Saraswathi's updates adding pep! I am ashamed, I have not tried chocolate yet. But I got the wrappers yesterday so now could venture into that too. And the filled ones are very tempting, making one forget one's diet. My friend's (who is no more) husband used to get liquor-centered chocolates those days and she and me used to taste them, relish them. Also the chocolate coated wafers were introduced by her- about 26 years ago. I should say I had been lucky to have experienced so many good things thanks to my friend. I really miss her!

6. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

dear mami,

i made BENGALI KICHDI today for lunch...awesome it was..dh loved it and even V had abowl of the kichdi...it would be a repeat defenitely.

we celebrated V's b day on saturday..i invited friends for dinner..along with the usual samosas,panner masal,parathas,fried rice,i also made CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES(cooked method)..i didnt have dark chocolate,,so used white chocolate and rolled them in drinking chocolate ,powdered almonds and pistachios...all my friends loved them and appreciated me a lot...thanks to you mami..
    today i was visiting a famous chocolate shop LEONIDAS,,i found gourmet discs and lot of other chocolates that u have made...i felt so proud that i know you mami.

they had lot of vegetables and fruits that were made of marzipans,,looked so lovely..and not to forget your marshmallows..the one we get here contain beef gelatin and V always nags me to get them...now i will try them at home...can i use the gelatin sheets that we get here??

i also made party pinwheels sometime back..posting the photo.

Attached Files:

7. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    I made Caramel Halwa yday. Came out awesome. My family enjoyed the sweet so much. It was ready in a jiffy.
    Thanks so much.
    Love
    Shobana

8. Shreec

Shreec Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra madam,

I made Moong dal-Carrot dosai and everybody liked it at home. Coming back to the idli, at one instace I had to grind idli batter to two of my friend family:hide:.

Here's Wishing You and Your Family a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year 2011.

Regards,
    Shree

9. Chitra Anand

Chitra Anand Bronze IL'ite

No problems NS,it happens,when there is a power cut.I had made some fo them last week and I couldn't give you feedback,coz my son is here from hostel for X-Mas break and I got busy cooking for him :hide: and also my job but everyday,I would think about giving my feed back here and at last I did it :)

10. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra,

I made Paruppu arisi sappadu today for our lunch, it was too good. I made both onion and non-onion version. I made onion version a bit grainy as shown in the photo and non-onion version mushy. We loved both the versions and surely its going to be a repeat from now on. We had it along with Bindi raita and papads. Thanks a lot for this wonderful recipe.

Love and regards
    Priya