1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for friends in Woburn- Burlington area

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by namrata2603, Feb 13, 2009.

1. pinkpearls

pinkpearls Senior IL'ite

Hei Preethi,

I know she can understand, but i was just joking, after 2 months I met a 3rd person, so I am so happy. I am ready any time for pot luck, eagerly waiting to meet all of you. :thumbsup

Don't worry I won't disappear, you can see my posts in other threads too :cheers

Merry X-Mas and Happy New Year to you, your family, and All other friends out there.:party

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  2. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

Preethi,

Namrata told me that she got a new car. :) After Xmas should introduce Swathi(Pink Pearls) to Namrata.

Lets plan the potluck after New Year's cos Hari is on-call that weekend. Did u get Abhi to touch the snow.. I guess he would have enjoyed it. What are ur plans this time???

3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

I know you were, Swathi.. But trust me, I wasnt !! :biggrin2: I can be funny huh !

Glad to hear you are super thrilled !! :) Will meet up soon !

Vanitha,

Yes, Abhi touched snow and we clicked some pictures with him on it too. :crazy First he wondered what this was and thought it was milk.. He tried to put it in his mouth ( like he does to EVERYTHING ) ..
    Yeah.. introduce her to Namrata.. we will organise the potluck soonn !! :) We will keep it at my place. We could organise an IL meet up as well. You havent met many too, I suppose ! :) Will shoot a mail soon to everyone.
    We have a party tonight.. We have couple of Birthday parties as well lined up.. so busy weekend. Give our regards to Hari. Will meet accordingly. :)

4. rsa

rsa New IL'ite

Looking for a place!!! Near Norwell

Hi Preethi,

How are you?

I have some questions. Right now we live in Nashua, we need to move to a place close to or considerable distance to Norwell, (less 30-35 miles from Norwell) after March. What is the best town to move which has got good schools and a better neighbour hood. I work in Bedford. As far as I know , Westford MA, Lexington MA (but expensive, so have to think twice before i choose this town to move there) Norwood are good ones, i am not really sure!
    I really appreciate if you could let me know which town has got good school and apartments. Also, closer to Indian stores....
    Lastly, my kid is now in the Kindergarden in a private school. can i able to change the school almost at the last time of academic year. I have only few friends and they all live here.

Thank you!
    rsa

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

RSA,

I see that school is of prime importance to you here. Burlington has the best school rating in MA. But, that is about 1 hour from Norwell.

Why dont you check school ratings in massachussetts at google. Atleast you will get an idea.

Once you have found the priority ie., school right I guess looking for an appartment will be easier. Once you have zeroed on that, do post here, maybe we can help then.

Also, about the admission, I suppose usually it is better to reserve a seat .. Else, you may not find a seat in where you want. I have ehard my friends telling that, it a'int possible to get into school mid year or otherwise. So, do check with the school you want your kid to be enrolled in.

6. rsa

rsa New IL'ite

Thank you very much Preethi for the info & I appreciate it.I will try to find school ratings and school and then apartments. Thanks again!

7. purplecraze

purplecraze New IL'ite

Hi pinky,

I moved to the US a month ago and live in kimball court too. Would love to meet ppl living arnd here...hello to all the others on this forum too :)

8. pinkpearls

pinkpearls Senior IL'ite

Welcome to US and IL, very good to know about you, as per the rule ( If you've reviewd old posts) Introduce your self: married? kids? working? etc.

9. purplecraze

purplecraze New IL'ite

I got married less than a couple of months ago...and nope am not working. I'm frm bangalore...

10. pinkpearls

pinkpearls Senior IL'ite

so, you have any friends or family in US, how do you spend your day?