Second Wedding Anniversary Trip to Wayanadu

Discussion in 'Travel' started by ashakarthik, Dec 1, 2010.

1. shashwathi

shashwathi New IL'ite

Awesome place
    I would like to add:
    Bring your walking shoes-walk through Wyanad
    Another great alternative to stay-homestay.
    Stay with some of those marvelous people out there who you will love and will make friends for life.
    then go see the ten things you must see-the ghost tree ( I love it-it gives me the goose bumps always) sunset and sunrise ;Edakal-climb like a goat to see a few million years old civilizations footprints and imprints; the lake that isnt there.The tea and coffee plantations;Sultan Bathery or Tippu sultans battery where he stored arms in what was a Jain temple-not there anyway ;but the story is he had an underground tunnel all the way to Mysore
    but above all the drive through the forest in the early morning elephants,bison and the deer and of course the monkeys
    and the Murugan temple on the hill
    the waterfalls
    I could go on and on and on...if there is a group wanting to go after the season write to me.I can plan it for you ( now it will cost a bomb)

2. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Waynaad is an awesome place. we had also been to waynaad. Stayed at Green gates resort. We actually drove from mysore to Waynaad. the drive itself is superb!! its 3 1/2 hr journey.

Places we visited were

Edakal Caves, Suchipara water falls , Banasursagar dam, pookat lake and Kuruva island. Kuruva island is a must! U have to walk in water which will be up to ur shoulder level:). Wow!!

And yes while going n coming back you can also see elephants and bisons on your way ( early morning or late evenings)

3. pd014

pd014 New IL'ite

we r planning a trip to Wayand this weekend..is June month is good to visit or there will be lot of rain this time of the year??
    which volvo buses go to this place from blore??

4. veenaruban

veenaruban Silver IL'ite

Hi Swaran,

Am also planning to go with my hubby for 2 days trip...It would be helpful if you could tell as how to book the hotel in wayanad? Is it thru Google that we can book?

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

June might be raining in kerala is whaat i know...
    you can check out google incase of doubts...
    volvo busses actually we took a private one from kalasipalayam...there are many...
    for us,i believe it took just 5 hours by volvo from bangalore-wayanad...

dear veena
    thanks for your likes
    but i am sorry..i dint do the booking,neither did my husband did...some friend of DH acutally booked the hotel..it was a very moderate hotel ,we took it in sultanbattery..