Nov 2010 mommies!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by sirilu27, Mar 12, 2010.

1. sirilu27

sirilu27 New IL'ite

ShilpA wonderful to read ur labor story. Many Congrats on ur li'l bundle of joy. Now u must b feeling the painwas worth it!

2. veenavarna

veenavarna Senior IL'ite

Hi shilpa,

it was so nice to read your story. I am sure you would have felt that all the trauma we went thro was finally rewarded with multifold happiness! :thumbsup
    I am yet to start with mine! Hope i do it fast..

Hi ladies..
    My granny tried giving ura marundhu to the LO from last sunday. She has been giving it every alternate day, when he has a oil bath, against the doctor's advice! had no voice! For the last 4-5 days he started passing urine with sharp cries(which he never does otherwise) and lots of gas with motion. Frequency of passing stools increased which had reduces a couple of weeks back prior to this ura marundhu! I asked a relative of mine who is also a paediatrician.She said ura marundhu has hurt the LO's bowels!:drowning She said all symptoms by herself even before i could explain! She asked us to stop giving Ura marundhu! She said these days we specifically say not to gove these kinda stuff and the only thing that can be given to the LO is "mother's feed"! She said it will increase heat inside the little tummy. For some kids these traditional medications dont really work the way its is desired to be!:spin

Can somebody suggest any way to reduce the heat? I apply Castor oil on his tummy when struggles to pass urine and apply a drop on his head everyday! I feel deeply pained when he cries to pass urine! He was pretty much fine till this new drama started! My granny is still not convinced - she says, "Doctors will say these things! We will give this after some time!" :rantI am not able to shout at her - i cry to my self for the inability to save my kid from these kinda stuff!!! For now i have stopped her from giving the ura marundhu for a week's time. I only hope my LO gets alright soon :bowdown

Swathi,
    I remember you asking about the ura marundhu.. Any say on this?

Hope all LOs are doing fine!
    Sweet kisses to them :)

3. veenavarna

veenavarna Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Met my paed today. She said its pretty normal for babies to cry when they sense that they are going to pass urine/stools and the consistency doesnt matter as long as they gain weight, take feeds and excrete regularly. A big relief! :bowdown

My DS has been gaining 30gms a day and has reached 3.65 now!:)
    She also asked us to stop giving Ura marundhu!

Hope all ladies are doing well.

Cheers
    Veenavarna

4. Shilpa Pratheep

Shilpa Pratheep Bronze IL'ite

My Lo cries before passing urine, checked with pead, he told crying before and after passing urine is fine, but while passing urine may be a sign UTI.
    Any ways chk with some other doc again.

5. veenavarna

veenavarna Senior IL'ite

Oh i see.. Thanks for this info..
    My LO cries before passing urine. Thank God!! :bowdown
    That too especially after waking up from sleep. While he is playing he doesnt cry!

6. Shilpa Pratheep

how do u wash ur LO's sweaters? it stinks with milk she spits up.I wash with detergent n then in dettol water still smell doesn't go.

7. gswathi

gswathi Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    Hope all mommies and their kids are doing well........Lost internet connection, so could not log in for a few days.......
    My lo cries before passing gas and motion....the only time she cries before passing urine is while feeding....nowadays she cries so much after feeding and take milk for only 5 min...nothing more than that even if she drinks after 5 hrs........and for the past one week she is sleeping continuously and awake for only few hrs.....have to check with doctor :hide:....

during last visit doc suggested to keep her in sitting position during feeding and after feeding just to keep her in the same position for 15 to 20 min then put her on her stomach to sleep....i followed this for the past two days and the spitting reduced...when i googled while typing this post they said putting the baby on her back is the safest position.....stomach sleeping may cause sids :eek:mg:....I will never put her on tummy here after.....should search for feeding position also.....
    I got cold due to bad weather and praying my lo should not get it from me......
    Veena,
    I stopped giving ura marundu after doc's strong advice....she said "we are giving polio for all babies even when it occurs for one in lakh babies....likewise ura marundu may cause ill effects to one in thousand babies....so why to take risk?".......after hearing this we stopped immediately....
    Shilpa,
    Read your story......you went through such a long labour alone!!!!.....I could not imagine mine without my husband ....anyway nice and impressive writing....

8. srichandu

srichandu New IL'ite

Ladies,

Sorry for the late notice. We are blessed with a baby boy "Srishanth" on Dec 6th. Had C-section.

-sri.

9. Shilpa Pratheep

Congrats Sri, Happy motherhood and welcome to sleepless night club....

10. Shilpa Pratheep

My LO's BCG nodule broke yday. She is in disconfort while feeding on right side as her pus is on her left arm. All Im doing is removing pus with cotton and keeping the area dry. I dunno If I can put Sweater on her as the lint may stick on to the pus.
    DO u ladies take any other extra precaution ?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011