Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Shan.
    For me,pressure cooking potatoes in my kutti cooker is fastest. I must try if it gets "roasted" as you write, by baking!!
    Onions - I roast on flame - hardly a minute! peel & use. OR MW for a minute in cling film if more than one!!
    As you say, nothing to beat FP. But dicing alone is not possible

Love,
    C

2. deepaakrishnan

deepaakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

hi maami,:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

yesterday i had invited my indian neighbours for breakfast.

made poha, bakery masala toast, peas dhokla and mini onion uttappams along with sauce, green chutney and of course washed down with cups of hot tea.

all the dishes came out vey well. the best part of it was that it took me only 1 hour to make all of them. thanks maami. didnt know making breakfast could be so easy and so much variety and fun

today i made dosa spring roll for breakfast - it was yummy, had less oil, and was filling. hubby gave a thumbs up :thumbsup

thanx maami

warm regards
    deepa

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Yes, Chithra, you are right. Just wanted to share what I am doing with the V slicer.

4. Chitvish

Dear deepa,
    Very good!!
    The confidence with which you hosted is more important!!
    Good variety spread for BF!:thumbsup
    Love,
    C
    QUOTE=deepaakrishnan;1575184]

thanx maami

warm regards
    deepa[/QUOTE]

5. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dearest chitra mami

it is a white christmas here. snowing for the last two days now. my bro and their family had come on thu and left on sat before the snow started. i have been making a few tried and few new dishes.

brinj rice/ bhagara bhaingan

kollu dosai
    gulab jamun with khoa

today made pizza (yes really) at home. it came out too good for the first time. the dough was all spongy and the pizza was awesome. kids had corn/paneer/onion, we had spinach leaves, paneer, jalapeno, capsicum, onion .. felt really great that we made a healthy pizza (used 1/2 whole wheat flour).

thx for the yummy recipes
    luvs
    shyamals.

6. Chitvish

Dear S-s,
    I am very glad you tried pizza at home :)
    half wheat flour+half maida gives very good results. I did'nt very much like when I tried wholly with wheat flour!
    Right now, we get such nice, luscious looking baingans! I just finished making baingan bartha, I just adore it!! i made bonda morkuzambu since I noticed that has no photo.
    A tip:
    For bonda MK (& also thayir vadai), shallow fry in paniyara chatti & immerse in water. Even if the dough is a wee bit loose, this method helps get perfect bondas. Ofcourse vadai shape is not possible!!
    Thereis a mini pizza pan /mini uthappam of Nirali available. Next I want to try shallow fryiing vadais in that. Will keep you posted, if successful!
    Thaanks & love,
    C

7. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra,

Today for our lunch I made Green Moong Stew along with podi potta kathrikkai curry and potato fry. Moong stew was so creamy and delicous and went well along with rice and spicy side dishes. Needless to say the lunch was so enjoyable and delicious. Thanks for such wonderful recipes.

Love and regards
    Priya

8. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,
    Made rajasthani ram kichidi and it was super!! that too for this cold weather hot kichidi with ghee and appalam was heavenly. both the kutties ate and liked it. it was super easy too. i also made chinese noodles, aama vadai. both came out good.
    for vadai can i freeze the vada maavu? or should i freeze the vadai patties?
    I'll be back with chocolate chip cookies fb. i was supposed to do it for christmas but never works out as planned.
    Thanks!
    With love,
    Chaaral.

9. Chitvish

Sneha Priye,
    I can understand that you were tempted to try green moong stew, being a Keralite!:)
    That dish scores with coc milk et al, which many may not prefer! :biggrin2:
    Yes, it needs a spicy veg curry, as you have made!!:thumbsup
    Thanks & love,
    C

10. Chitvish

Thanks, Chaaral. With 2 small kids, that you try some new dishes , makes me applaud you!!
    Chinese noodles & aama vadai dough can be refrigerated for 4-5 days - I have tried. But only aama vadai dough can be frozen.

rajasthani ram kichidi is spicy whereas the bengal khichdi which I plan to post today is comparatively milder, but super-=delicious! :tongue
    Love,
    C