Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear S-s,
    You are really a freezer-queen!!
    My maid has gone on leave. So, I have also frozen, methi parathas, masicha keerai, all vegs - chopped & steamed, sop - all these ideas ungal ubayam!:thumbsup
    It is now my turn to thank you!!:bowdown
    Love,
    C

2. Chitvish

Thanks,aswini.
    Please make a note that I have posted banana paratha as well!
    It is very nice & soft.
    Aswini, as a race, we are white rice eaters, call it genetic!! I am glad you are willing to try occasionally!!
    Love,
    C

3. Chitvish

Ayyo Raji - simply irresistible! :tongue

Need I repeat every time that I promptly attached??!!

Yes, for vadais, FP is just perfect. I made khatta dhokla y day & used FP for that - ideally suited!!
    Thanks, Raji!!
    Love,
    C

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Damini,
    thanks so much. I looked everywhere but in How to ...... Thanks a lot.

5. Shreec

Shreec Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra madam,

I am here after a very long time. How are you doing? How is your leg after the surgery? Yesterday I made Iyengar toast and it was a hit. My husband guessed without any intro that it is your recipe:). I am yet to try so many other recipes that I have missed. Since kids are having winter break am planning to try the eggless cupcakes. Will give the fbs once I am done. My In-Laws are here and I am looking for recipes with low sodium and sugar as my MIL has both BP and sugar.

Regards,
    Shree

6. shubag

shubag Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitrama for dinner made Masala Bread Toast with home grown fresh methi leaves. I also added tri-coloured capsicum and spring onions (which were in the fridge for quite sometime)...It was filling and tasted good.. Attaching the pic ma!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  7. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,
    Tried beetroot rice with leftover beetroot for lunch box today and also milagu sadham from leftover rice.both were superr! i finished my lunch now itself (time is 11 am now LOL!) Milagu sadham for this cold weather and cold and flu season is really soothing. i am planning to make it often from now.
    Actually kutti one is very active and my son is more cranky due to my attention for the baby. but just for this tongue need to cook variety,LOL! i am bored of eating simple same dishes, dont like hotel food. after we eat at hotel i feel not at all worth the $$. we can make it at home more tasty. you recipes and photos and other IL's photos posted here are so tempting.
    My LO is growing and now trying to reach the stove knob and turning it. grr!

take care,
    with love,
    Chaaral

8. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra,

Today for our lunch made Aromatic Pulao, Jain Green Moong and Rajma Envelope Paratha. I shall write in detail about all the recipes.

1. Aromatic Pulao- I made the pulao masala yesterday and this morning made Pulao. Just as the name says, the pulao was very aromatic and tasty. I instantly fell in love with the pulao.

2. Rajma Envelope paratha- I made dry rajama filling with the channa masala powder. Rajma masala was very spicy and tasty and nice to eat as such. We all loved the spicy paratha very much. I made whole lot of masala since we are great fans of rajma.

3. Jain Green Moong Gravy- I regularly make green moong ever since you posted the recipe in IL. It made a great side dish for both pulao and paratha.

I have left overs from lunch, so we will be having the same for our dinner too. Thank you very much for such tasty and authentic recipes.

Love and regards
    Priya

9. Chitvish

Dear Shreec,
    Nice to see you back here! I am much better now.
    Iyengar toast seems to be easy to try for many because we always buy bread!!
    Of late I have posted quite a few eggless cakes! Do try at your convenience!
    Love,
    C

10. Chitvish

Excellent photo, Shuba!!
    Nice combo - home grown methi+tricolour casicum+spring onuions!!:tongue
    You seem to have researched collages in picasa 3!!:thumbsup
    Thanks & love,
    C