1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

all about onions

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mira,

worl onion day eh !!! :rotflClassic reply.

Regards

kamal

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raji,

Are u Jaini by any chance, for Jains dont use onions, and so do some Marwaris too, as my neighbours.:rotfl

Regards

kamal

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kelly,

Yes i too hope so the rates fall soon.let us see if my rpedictions come true.HAHA

Regards

kamal

4. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

As this onion tragedy unfolds, there is one woman in India that is totally unaffected and is walking around with a care-free smile. That would be my mom. As a highly religious person, my mom wouldn't touch an onion with a 10 feet pole on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays (definitely not on Saturdays) and Sundays as all these days are filled with one pooja or another. My poor mom! Why can't there be another day in a week (8 days instead of 7, I mean) when she can enjoy her onions. Oh well, with onions at Rs. 100 per Kg, I don't think she will complain now.:) Super post Kamalji. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hahah kamalji thanks for giving me the latest update on soaring prices in India.all these are gimmicks ..creating artificial scarcity... but sad because they form a main part of the poor mans food, isn't it?.I do remember the 98 phase. so you are predicting from 100 rs to 10 rs.????

6. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    [JUSTIFY]In 98, Sanjeev Kapoor the famous chef, used to come on TV with his programme, Khana Khazana, and he started to show receipes of making dishes without onions, and I found Harsha and the maid leaving everything to watch it. And I told them, my fish or meat must have onions, don’t experiment on me please ![/JUSTIFY]:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

Other than you who can cheer us more?Most hot topic of the day Kamalji:)
    Yes like your friend we need separate lockers for onions in the coming years.

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Kamalji,
    Nice writeup, and especially I was ROFL! at the jokes! :biglaugh

8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, th3e last time onion prices skyrocketed my mom discovered that cabbage can be used as a substitute to some extent say in pakoras to give an onion effect. But this morning I bought onions for Rs 55 at th3e mother dairy fruit ande vegetable outlet. Th3e shopkeeper offered to lower the price further by Rs 10 if I bought at least 5 kg but I refused. If the price goes up at this rate, the next outing of the Amitabh Bachchan qqu8z show will be called Kaun Banega Pyaazpati where participants will be offered onions instead of cash.; . They would be worth their weight in gold. And your friend Suresh would probably have to put his onions in bank lockers instead of his terrace or store room, thjat too provided he gets onions before our netas put them in Swiss bank lockers!

9. ranisuresh

ranisuresh Senior IL'ite

Nice write up KamalJi... When I went last week (saturday) to buy subji from the weekly market, Onion rate was Rs.40/-and Potato was Rs.10/- per Kg.

I had a stock of 1/2Kg Onion at Home so bought 1/2 kg potato for Rs.5/- and gave Rs.10/-to the vendor. He dont have 5Rs change and told me to buy 1 kg Potato... I said no need.. Can u add Onion for that 5 Rs... :idea Beleive me... he just gave me 3 onions.... That time I dont care for it...

Who knows the price would increase this much high...:bonk Now worrying for not stocking it more when price was less.:spin

10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

:rotflHahaha!That was a very humorous post Kamalji. I am sure while crying to pay the onion vendor we will remember this article and smile.