1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Why do the women from India show attitudes towards those Indians born here?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Ndv, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

It is not too much to ask. But meet different people - and you will find good friends eventually. Maybe the ones you've met thus far are narrow minded.

2. Ndv

Ndv New IL'ite

Amway, ha, ha too true! But seriously, I'm not saying that they should go out of their way to say hi, or acknowledge you when you pass by them but at the same time they shouldn't go out of their way to ignore you. Just walk by but don't do that whole head moving/eye moving thing either. They also love to eye roll. If I had a nickel for everytime I saw someone roll their eyes...well you know where I'm headed.
    Anyway, I really started this thread to get some help in understanding the majority of women from India. And please understand I'm not generalising here. I know that there are MANY women from India who are wonderful. I'm just not running into them - ladies, I've been married 11 years and have made only 4 good new friendships with women from India whereas I have many friends of other races. Please help!!

3. sowmyapbhat

sowmyapbhat Senior IL'ite

Don't take that to heart! Political correctness and tact are not ingrained into many of us. It's not uncommon to hear someone walk up to you and say "You've put on weight" right at the start of the conversation!

:) You'll have to go to India to really understand what Indian women are like. What you see here is a skewed minority.

Ah, probably you'll have to change where you're looking! Very few people in a community gathering are really like-minded. They just happen to share a common background, that's all.

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I'm not going to be your chaffeur, you can do that yourself by keeping your eyes open and reading the forums and you'll find threads that span the gamut. And regarding dropping your attitude or not dropping it, that's upto you. I said that since I noticed the irony in your posts in this thread. Taking that suggestion or not to drop the attitude is entirely upto you.

And - if you express an opinion as a generalization - expect to be called on that. Such as "Indian men" are blah. "Indian recruiters" are blah. Just because you've seen some example or examples - do not generalize to the entire community.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Read the generalizations you have made on this thread, and you will know who is close minded. Take care, see you around on other threads.

6. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

Hi NDV…

I really started this thread to get some help in understanding the majority of women from India.

Just go out and meet them...
    …Be yourself…accept them for what they are…Don’t wait for them to change to fit your profile…If you make one real friendship, be happy… Not all can be your friend…This is not face book…

Like you I have plenty of friends from different cultures. I don’t have any pre-conceived notions about any one culture. So I am able to quickly bond with any without needing to judge them. Hopefully you can do the same.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  7. Ndv

Ndv New IL'ite

Reverie,
    I'm sorry you didn't get what I mean. I was not attacking anyone in my post. I felt bad and wanted some answers.
    There is no problem with me. I am very friendly and smile and try to get involved but people don't let me. I have friends from India and all say it's not me. It's the women who are very insecure.
    Houses, cars and decorations are all material things so I don't know what you are saying by writing 'nothing material there'. I also did not say mine are all the best I said it didn't matter if I have more or they have more.
    I NEVER said all Indian women are not worth it, in fact I said that I'm sure there are a lot of wonderful women from India. I said the ones who don't give me a chance are not worth it and that is true. At one time a long time ago I thought if I dressed more like them it would help. It didn't so c'est la vie. I would GLADLY leave it to them to "decide who I am" if they bothered to try. I am disturbed by them NOT bothering.
    You really did not understand alot of what I wrote. Please read more carefully before responding. The other women seemed to understand what I was saying. And BTW, saying "you all seem like my kind of girls" was just a light joke, it was not meant in any serious nature, if you didn't get that sorry, but not my problem. You said you know exactly where I'm headed but obviously not. I'm not attacking you, only defending myself from your misunderstanding of everything I wrote.

8. Ndv

Ndv New IL'ite

One other thing Reverie, I don't have a mask on. That's why I said that I'm being myself. Also, I'm not the one who has pre-conceived notions. They are the ones who do which is why I was asking in the first place. I am the open minded one who wants to know them if they give me a chance. And I'm well aware everyone is not going to want to be friends. I too don't want to be friends with everyone. Just don't want to be judged at first sight and I'm serious that it happens at first sight.

9. Ndv

Ndv New IL'ite

Thank you MSSKI...

10. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Ndv,
    Totally agree with you. Rather than analyze what is wrong, I would say just ignore those people. You're not any richer or poorer(emotionally as well) because of their attitude and friendliness that is not reciprocated. Just be who you are and be happy, that's all that matters!

Reverie:
    Wow, a rude hypo critic essay for what was an innocent question, seriously, this public forum is not your diary to vent out your frustrations, answer to the question if you can, else refrain from posting and stay cool friend!