1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

8 tips for Natural Hair care

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Prema88, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Prema88

Prema88 Senior IL'ite

[SIZE=-1]Avoid shampoos that contain sodium laurel sulfate, or sodium laureth sulfate. [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]They are valued because they lather well, but they are very harsh, and can dry out your hair. Instead, look for shampoos made with decyl glucose, or decyl glucoside, which are much gentler.

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Give yourself a hot oil treatment to deep condition your hair. Warm oil penetrates the hair shaft making the hair more flexible and giving it shine. This can also help to prevent split ends which result from dry hair.

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Eat right and consider taking vitamin and mineral supplements to encourage healthy hair.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1] vitamin E, vitamin B, vitamin C are essentials.

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1] Essential oils such as rosemary, ylang-ylang and west Indian bay help to stimulate hair growth. Lavender and tea tree are naturally antiseptic and help to fight dandruff. Vegetable oils such as soybean oil, safflower oil and corn oil are moisturizing and conditioning to the hair shaft.

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Avoid sleeping in hair accessories

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Massage your scalp to help stimulate hair growth.

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]If your hair ends are damaged, give yourself a trim every so often to remove damage.

Dosent it sound beautiful hair done at home?
    [/SIZE]

2. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Prema for the useful info.

That was much need one regarding the shampoos.

Adara

3. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Prema,
    you have given some very good tips about hair care and which type of shampoo to use. Thanks for sharing this valuable piece of information
    Regards
    Shanta

4. menila01

menila01 Senior IL'ite

I had done many experiments on my hair for natural shine and color. And truly all these are just kitchen friendly items. But these really work.. Try it...

To bring out highlights and lighten blonde hair, steep 1/2 cup of chamomile tea in one quart of boiling water. Strain and cool slightly. Shampoo hair until oil free, and then rinse with the tea infusion.

Marigold gives golden highlights to light hair and brings out red and gold highlights in light brown and red hair. Saffron, turmeric, calendula, mullein, privet and yellow broom in addition to any yellow blossomed herb or flower also add color and highlights for blondes.

Rinse hair with a solution of 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to one gallon of water after shampooing.

To restore hair that was once blonde, mix 10 grams of licorice root with 10 grams of oat straw, add a pinch of saffron. Cover with water and boil to make an infusion. Strain and use a s a rinse after shampooing. It should be allowed to soak into the hair and not rinsed out.

Add 4 tablespoons of chopped rhubarb to 3 cups of hot water, simmer for 15 minutes. Strain, cool, and then use as a rinse after shampooing.

Please let me know your feedbacks..

5. Janece

Janece New IL'ite

hi im a black girl and i heard that some indian use mustard oil to grow hair longer ..... i recently just tried using in and i think it made me a lil bald.... i dont know if its because i didnt shampoo it out or if i bought the wrong kind of mustard oil , one of my indian friends told me to buy yellow mustard oil and i have like a brown color , but it looks yellow once its outside the bottle .... my question is what kind of mustard oil is considered best for the hair and can black pple use mustard oil in their hair?

6. joybrown87

joybrown87 New IL'ite

Thanks for providing these wonderful tips which are very helpfull in improving strength of hair and getting shiny hair.I likes these tips because it is very easy to apply and simple tips for getting healthy hair.

7. maddy26

maddy26 New IL'ite

Massaging the hair with olive oil is one of the best thing you can give it to your hair............

8. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Hi Prema,

Good tips to share here :thumbsup

9. SanjuReddy

SanjuReddy New IL'ite

thanks for ur tips...

10. ArifaMadhu

ArifaMadhu New IL'ite

thanks for your nice tips prema.
    cheers
    arifa