Nov 2010 mommies!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by sirilu27, Mar 12, 2010.

1. gswathi

gswathi Bronze IL'ite

Hi new mommies,
    Yesterday went to hospital....vaccination done...weight gain is good for the baby....when asked about gas problem she prescribed neopeptine drops...when i asked about suggestions for my diet to get rid of her gas problem, she said gas is nothing but swallowed air for the baby while crying and drinking milk and is not produced inside like us....so obviously there is no relation between what we eat and the gas trouble(relieved much on hearing this :)).....
    she asked to do only demand feeding and yesterday night i tried and she was asking once in every 3-4 hrs....but during day decided to feed her on my own timing(once in every 2- 3 hrs) and will check out the weight gain in the next visit which is after 15 days....
    My stitches healed nicely and doc recommended some exercises to reduce the tummy....how about you guys?...how much you lost?....how many of you got back your original weight?.... are you using belt to reduce your tummies?.....
    Hi pria,
    Best wishes for your trip to India.....what your doc suggested to do while travelling by air?.......
    LO calling....best wishes to everyone....

2. Shilpa Pratheep

Shilpa Pratheep Bronze IL'ite

Its very true Swathi that mother's diet and milk doesn't have any connection, my doc said this on day 1 itself. So I am not on diet restriction. I eat every thing from cauliflower to non-veg items my LO doesn't have any gas because of that. The days she has gas is because of problem in feeding(fore milk/hind milk imbalance).

Its good to see ur LO is gaining correct weight.My LO seems to have loosing weight from day 5 (miss her chubby cheeks :( ), now she is regaining her weight back, my MIL says babies will loose weight in first month, only after that they gain weight, dunno how far its true.

I am doing demand feeding for last 10 days.Trust me , babies know so much about their hunger than we do. They know how much to drink and when to drink. My LO feeds once in 2 hrs some times and sometimes once in 4 hrs too, if she is drinking between short interval she takes less milk, else drinks for longer time.
    When I was time feeding her in hospital,, one of my relative who saw that gave a surprised look saying she has never known any one who feeds the baby based on time :rotfl(of course she is from previous generation)

very nice to hear that ur stitches healed, I soon will join u, hope to recover in another week or two. my doc has strictly advised not to do exercise not even walking for 6 weeks.
    Reg belt / wrapping sarees around stomach , I asked doc right after delivery,she said it doesn't actually help. BF helps a lot in reducing tummy and only by proper diet and exercise we can reduce tummy.Drinking lot of water at least 3 lts during initial days of delivery will help in shrinking uters which ll reduce tummy. Since I forget to drink water, I keep a water bottle next to feeding chair, when ever I feed my baby I make sure I drink some water.

3. gswathi

gswathi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shilpa,
    Its true that babies lose weight initially,but they will regain their birth weight within 10 days(thats what my doc said)....my lo took another week for regaining, since my initial feeding was poor .......
    what is the effect of fore milk/hind milk imbalance?....how do you feed balancing that?....how long you burp your child?....my lo has gas problem at least once in 3 days.....getting answer from the forum is easier than googling :crazy....
    yesterday was a night mare for me....my littlepie was crying from 8.30 pm till 2am....she drinks milk for few min,dozes off and wakes up after 10 min and cry again....she cried without any reason while drinking milk....till now i told everyone that she does not cry much and yesterday she showed herself.....hope today she sleeps well.......
    I hope the recovery is faster, if you does not strain much...... Best of luck for speedy recovery:thumbsup........

4. veenavarna

veenavarna Senior IL'ite

A big relief for me too.. But people at home are just not convinced!! Anyways, atleast i dont have to worry and blame myself!! :thumbsup

My doc has recommended exercises! 4 positions to fold and stretch legs. The fact is that i forget to exercise everyday!! I get up to feed my DS and just continue with my day! At night, by the time i go to bed after feeding LO i get exhausted and doze off!!

Checked my weight! Got back to pre-pregnancy weight! :)I am not using any kinda belt! Hoping to do my exercises regularly!:bonk

Same pinch! Yesterday was the first time DS was awake till 2AM!!!:spin He started crying when we put him on his bed! He wanted us to keep him in our hands!! Me, my dad and granny had a partial night-out!!! Manged to put him to sleep by 2AM! He woke up only by 7AM!

5. Shilpa Pratheep

Swathi see this link for explanation.
    kellymom.com :: I'm confused about foremilk and hindmilk - how does this work?

to balance formilk/hindmilk I feed her on only 1 breast per feed for next feed, I change the breast if I find some engorgement i pump out little milk and feed her.

6. dhivya rangarajan

dhivya rangarajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear all,

I am very sorry I couldnt post earlier.. I delivered a baby boy on Nov 13th at 11.38 a.m! We have named him Shravan.

It was a difficuly delivery as my water broke at 12.00 a.m on 12th Nov night but developed labour pains from then on till 10.30 a.m next day. Doc waited till that time and tired a lot for Normal but decided to do c- section after 11.00 a.m.

Baby has his umblical cord around his neck and around his right toe cos of which there was no sscope for him to move, the cord was wound tight.

At the neck of time, doc pulled him out and made him breathe with suction.

It all seems like a distant dream now, but, then, it was a nightmare...

Thanks to all of your wishes and prayers done from and for Nov 2010 mommies. I owe it to IL!!!

Congratulation to all the moms of November... Havent readup all the entires after 3rd Nov. Will chk out from now.. Hope all mommies and angels are in the BEST of HEALTH.... Wish you all a great time with your babies and the best of life for all the little angels...

with love,
    dhivya & shravan

7. Shilpa Pratheep

congrats Dhivya, hope u have already recovered since its more than a month.
    How is ur LO is treating u ?

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oh Dhivya,
    Thats really a tough moment! Hope you are able to manage it!
    Take care!

9. veenavarna

veenavarna Senior IL'ite

Hi Divya!

Hearty congratulations and warm blessings to little Shravan :thumbsup
    Wishing you a speedy recovery! :cheers Take good care of your health dear! Hope you have people around to help you out!

I too completely agree with you! If not for IL we would have missed a lot of info and signals!! Its a nice place to share our experiences!! 3 cheers to IL :thankyou2:

10. veenavarna

veenavarna Senior IL'ite

Hey shilpa...

Thanks a lot for this info!:thumbsup When Swathi posted this question, i was wondering what this was all about! I couldnt google as my DS called me! Infact i prefer IL than to google and find out! :crazy

Grannys at home keep asking me to switch breasts once the LO leaves a break for a few seconds! I somehow try to keep him focussed on one breast! Now i get a solid reason! :cheers

Hope all are doing good!
    Sweet kisses to all LOs!

cheers
    Veenavarna