April 2011 mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by ArunaSashi, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wisha,

You need not worry about the pains.
    Only when you see any bleeding or spotting you need to contact your doctor or if the pain is unbearable.

These are normal discomforts. Dont worry, its a way for your body to tell that you are straining too much lie down and rest.

Weather here is very very cold. its 6degree Farenheit (approx -10Celcius) . So no going out . May be we'll go to temple on new yr.

Anu,

That sounds great ! 2 naughty boys on your way. :rotfl
    Have you started thinking of names ?

Jyothi,
    Yes I too have nausea. Yesterday morning I drank milk and them immediately threw up so badly.
    The appetite for food is also increasing for me , we visit indian restaurants to have something for a change.
    And today its curd rice in my home too [​IMG]
    No mood to make Spinach or any veges..
    But I compensated with some extra fruits .

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  2. vinshweta

vinshweta New IL'ite

@Ranchu,

Hope youe nausea goes away soon.....and dont forget to keep up the food intake so that the amount you threw away can be compensated....
    Here also weather is -8c.....can't think of going out but can't help it as i have to drop and pick up my daughter from school.....and we are going to texas on new year.....

@Wisha,

Even i get scared a lot these days i am experiencing a lot of pressure also down there,but my dr says its normal in second pregnancy...and as ranchu said try to relax and rest as much as possible whenever u have that feeling....

@Anu,

Congrats and I am really excited for you...Does twins run in your sides of the family or you are the first one to have the honour...lol:)

@Jyothi,

My Nausea is gone and I am eating nicely these days...hope u also feel better soon...
    but curd rice sounds yummy tooo......:thumbsup

3. arch

arch Senior IL'ite

oh yeah, even i 've the pelvic side pains n all.. initially i thought it might be some infection and all, but doc said the same... there would be lot of small small pains, but nothing to worry about... :)

during the 22w scan, the report said, anterior placenta and baby in breech. is it something to worry about. the scanning doc said everything is alright with the baby, but still, wanted to know the meaning of the scan...

and how do you people identify the kicks from legs, arms or hiccups... do your DH could understand the kicks from outside??? my DH is kinda unlucky it seems, whenever he places his hands, there is not much movements/feeble ones... :p

4. Ranchu

hi Arch,

Welcome to this club. When is your due date ?

I do feel the movements and kicks but I cant classify which one is a kick and which one is a hiccup. my DH cant feel anything from outside. Even If i touch my tummy i cant feel anything.
    May be after 25w.

Anterior placenta I dont know.. need to google and find out
    Baby in breech is nothing to worry, baby keeps turning so during 35w + it will set into a position. Only at that time you should check what is the position.

5. arch

arch Senior IL'ite

mine is around april 13.. ya.. for me too, i cannot distinguish the movements...
    visited few mom-baby stores this weekend... felt good.. there were mini mini socks..so cute.. also got the realization that next year we are also gonna go bankrupt, looking at the prices of the accessories!!! :D

6. Ranchu

Exactly Arch.. it is so true..

Each time I check for infant dresses here, it costs the same as my t-shirts. There is no price difference.

My update:
    LO is kicking me hard.. but when DH keeps his hand outside he says he cant feel the kicks.. waiting for the next scan that is due end of dec.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  7. Benice

Benice New IL'ite

Hi All,

Hope you and your LOs are fine. Just had scan last weekend. Doc told kid's weight and movements are fine.

She wanted to scan for head/ face, but baby would'nt turn.. how much ever water I drank, or how much ever doc gives small puches.. / presses..

Then she asked my DH to come in and was explaining things to him.. suddenly we all noticed baby turning his/her head.. the attender joked , see your kid likes his/her father only.. only when he entered the kid is turning to look..

Then I have been given pills.. for Calcium , Vitamin E , Iron etc..

Doc asked me to do mild excercies like walking.. etc.. and sleep with pillows..

Also ... I have just started feeling the kicks/hiccups.. I am not sure which of these it is..

To the right side lower side of my tummy I feel small sensations as if an air pillow / water pillow / a ball is being pushed towards the inner wall of my tummy ....

I think its the work of my LO.. hoping for the best for all of us..

Take care..

8. wisha

wisha Senior IL'ite

Hey All!:wave:

Life is going good...Now I am quiet comfortable with shaking belly :rotfl
    yesterday,met my doc!! She takes half of my worries with her smile!:)
    Day to day matters sometimes takes my cool,but I learnt how to lift my mood..:thumbsup

@benice
    Oh yeah!!same thing happened for me too in 22nd wk ultrasound!!
    It seems Chennai Babies have fond of Dad!!:biglaugh
    When my DH stood near to me baby turned his face..Thank God!

@arch:
    I even don't realize these kicks while working!
    But when I sit or lie down,I can easily figure it out!
    It seems it will be prominent day by day!!Get ready for real kicks:hide:

@Ranchu:
    Ask your DH to talk to baby!
    even my DH is hesitant but i ask him (or force him:crazy) to say Good morning & good night to the baby!
    Then LO may react for his dad's touch or voice!! Try it!Although this seems hypothetical but you never know:idea

@vinshwets:
    Pregnancy comes with so many queries & worries!! hope things will get better day by day!!

My update:
    I put on 1.5 kgs this month! DOC was happy that this time i keep watch on my weight! As she suggests more weight gain is not that good..as we don't need that!
    Thanks to all, who shares there thoughts & my worries!

Love & Care!
    wish@:wave

9. Ranchu

@Benice,

Cool.. so you started feeling movements.. very soon you'll feel the kicks too. The air pillow like pushing is definitely the baby.. Even I feel it sometimes.

One side of my tummy is hard and the other side is soft / loose. its LO rolling here and there.

@Wisha,
    Cool.. so you enjoyed your 22w scan , huh ? Good.
    Did the doctor advise you to monitor baby movements ? my doc did not say anything , she mentioned that aftr 24 w , make sure you get movement atleast once a day. thats it.

And any advise on weight gain for the forthcoming weeks ?

My update :

Oh yes , DH keeps talking to the baby all the time.. Everday day after coming from office, after dinner, before going to bed, and in the morning..
    Yday finally he felt the 1st kick from outside.

And LO seems to be kicking during midnight from 1am to 5am. He's so active and kicking I cant sleep due to this.
    Am getting scared what if after he's born he'll stay awake all night.. :hide:
    Appetite is good nowadays. weight gain is very very slow for me.
    my doc says after 20w there should be 1pound (0.5kG) weight gain every week.
    Am not seeing so much though.. Waiting for my appointment next week. There is one more scan.
    During my 20w scan the baby was so active and did not show his face so they re-scheduled another one.

10. joynari

joynari Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    i am doing good and hope u all are doing good. Last week i had an appointment. the doctor told me that every thing is good. and he measured my tummy and told that everything is perfect. then my DH asked the doctor for another scan (he wants to see the baby). then the doctor told that every thing is looking good then why do u need a scan? then DH smiled ....
    yaa the doctor said that we have to gain weight 1 pound per week. he said not bad abut my weight gain. i am having mild movements one side of my tummy(just like air bubble). some times i feel like an beat like heartbeat. but i am confused what baby movement.....
    these r my updates.....

takecare