1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

age difference 7 yrs - wat do yo say

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kalps222, Dec 20, 2010.

1. kalps222

kalps222 New IL'ite

my friend recently got a alliance but says the age difference is 7 yrs..she is 25 yrs and the guy is 32 yrs..
    she feels it is a long gap especially in this fast changing world..
    what kind of problem do you think couples with such a age difference might face..

2. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

kalps..do your friend like the boy..what she feels..is only the age the problem...if she thinks he suits her in all the ways then age is no prob.. it depends on the individuals..my opinion is 7yrs is not a big issue..ony look if the boy is good enough for your friend with good heart..

3. desiprincess

desiprincess Senior IL'ite

no problem at all.. my husband and I have a 7 year age difference and we get along perfectly well..... sometimes the older the guy, the more mature he is..my two cents..

4. kalps222

kalps222 New IL'ite

you are right in a way.
    older the guy, the more matured he is..
    but she thinks more maturity also dont make the life interesting..she think age gap of 3 yrs is perfect, where she thinks she can always feel more comfortable and mentality of being more jovial and taking decisions also matches rather than having the feeling of being with someone with the thougt of they are too elder to us to respect all the time ..she also doesnt want the guy to think her that she is too immatured or younger to him , to suggest, when making decisions...
    we all can say it doesnt matter..but not everyone of us wanted that to happen by liking or dont prefer it if we were in that situation..we are either forced to that in form of love or a long groom search..

5. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

It depends on the individuals,I and my hubby have 6 years age difference but totally compatible and have a great relationship:thumbsup..Your friend should get to know the guy better then decide rather than presuming his nature judging by his age.

6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

It really depends on what your friend wants. I know plenty of couples who are happily married and have such age difference. Really the compatibility and the personality will matter more.

But leave it to your friend - its ultimately her individual decision.

7. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Not necessarily Kalps. Age doesnt determine either maturity or the way a person wants to spend/his life. It is the attitude of the person.

I have read in this very site, that few married men with school going kids, still require their parents to make the decisions for them or follow their parents blindly. So, more age doesnt really translate into more maturity.

Ask your friend to talk to the person and see if she likes his approach to life and his attitude. She is the best judge.

-Lakshmi

8. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

I completely agree with lakshmi. With age nobody matures, but with the right attitude and acceptance only.

6 to 10 years of age difference was acceptable in the previous generation, but at the present decade atleast, its better to be just upto a max of 5 years and certainly not beyond that. Due to changing globalisation and technical developments, the mind set of people of with less age difference will also be the same.

I would say 7 years is way too big a gap in the present circumstances and not advisable.

Best Regards
    Shanti

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  9. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

With age even stones mature...:)

My preference would be the same age or one or two years difference...
    but if the guy is a perfect match(?)..who cares?

10. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Not necessary that more the age difference the matured they are ! :) My hubby is 22 days older to me, now does that make him wiser than me ?? No.

We are good in our own ways ! THere are no set rules that a wife or a husband need to pocess these qualities at any cost, as far as both of them have mutual respect / love and would love to do anything and everything to keep the same going.

Similarly, an aunt and uncle of mine have a age difference of 11 years. They look wonderful as a couple and have grown old beautifully ! The childless couple set a fine example as to spouse / their happiness is what matters. They dont care about the rest.

If your friend has preconceptions as such, she must simply go by what she thinks.. Better for you to just support her about what she wants to do and why she wants to do, just hear her out. If you try reasoning out with her and let us say, she does agree to you, her mind wouldnt accept the suggestion 100%.. Any issue be it regardless of the age, will make her wondering only on those lines. So, let her speak up and you could be a good listener.