Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    Hope you are fine and all is well at the home front.
    came back from Trivandrum after all the functions today. Mother is there with Chithi and will be there for sometime, to keep company for chithi.
    After the karyam was over, I cooked daily for my little nephew who is a poor eater. Poori -aloo, biryani,aloo paratha, gobi paratha, schezwan noodles, gobi manchurian, roast dosai, rava idli and hotel sambhar. He was in the kitchen with me when I was cooking, asking me umpteen questions about what I was doing. He used to be very reserved with all of us but now he seems to have got usd to us and was talking to the dozen. He was amazed at the number of recipes I made with ease (His mother is a bad cook, to say the least). He ate only a little but there was no noise in the house about food. I enjoyed cooking for him. I looked up our site thro my mobile for the hotel sambhar recipe because R couldn't find it. I can't thank you enough.

2. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Chitummaaa..

Excellent weekend with all your delicious food , S was so happy to have butter naan at home. it was very very soft and ofcourse i flt easy and interesting to prepare. with dhal makhani, garlic cauliflower soup and caramel poha payasam this payasam i felt always handy and fast to prepare... it was absoultely a great day.. :bowdown:bowdown

breakfast was upuumaa your tips made lot of difference for uppuma and nowadays i enjoy making upuma without lumps thanks you so much for being with us...

S said when i can make all dishes at home why should we go to resturant... but i like some one to serve me instead of me cooking always for myself... so missing my MOM and MIL...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo,
    Nice to see you back!!
    You are bayangara tech-savvy to say the least!!:thumbsup
    I am glad you could cook for your nephew & make him happy!!
    Thanks & love,
    C

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Vahee, thanks for your brilliant FBs!!:thumbsup
    But the last sentence was the "crowning glory"!! :biggrin2:
    The softness of home made naan is difficult to believe!!
    Today I too made dhal makhni, but with sprouted black urad!!
    I love your attitude to cooking, my young friend!!:-D
    Thanks & love,
    C

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Hiiiiiii Mrs.Chithra,

For our lunch, made Ram kitchdi and it was awwwwesommmmme. Though added little spice(none of us prefer too spicy), the flavor was incomparable. Very healthy & a quicker one. Good to taste even after it is cold.

Thanks so much.

6. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra,

Today or our lunch made Rajasthani ram kitchadi, it was awesome. Like you had mentioned, we had along with curd and roasted papads. We all had a wonderul and tasty lunch. Tonight for our lunch planning to make Madurai Hotel sambar and mini idlys. I am making madurai sambar after a long time. We will all enjoy our dinner too just as we enjoyed our lunch. Thank you very much for sharing tasty and healthy recipes.

Love and regards
    Priya

7. deepaakrishnan

deepaakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

hi maami,

had been out of town for a week hence no new recipes and no FB's.

for vaikuntha ekadasi it was dadhiyonnam as naivedyam. today menu was dhal tadka and raitha along with vazhakai curry. hubby has been asking me to make missi roti again so will make it tomm.

am going to bake a little more in the next week - was zeroing in on carrot cake but i dont like cinnamon much -can i substitute it with cardamom???

warm regards
    deepa

8. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

I am not sure whether this is the correct group for this post or not.

I am a Tamil man (with grown children) who is interested in learning to cook vegetarian food. This is not the first time I am trying my hand at cooking. I have tried it multiple times -- it has mostly been a failure.

Can you suggest two or three easy to make low fat dishes? I am going to try again. It will be great if the dishes can be eaten by themselves -- say, something like mixed rice would work great. The simpler the better. Also, this would be for an American kitchen. The more pressure cooker and more microwave the better.

Thanks.

9. sidvidu

sidvidu Silver IL'ite

Hello Chitramami,
    Another fb for Rajastani ram kichidi today!!!!
    It's been very long time I gave a fb but I have been trying your recipes daily. Today for lunch tried Rajastani ram kichidi, very flavorful and very jiffy, too good for the winter here had it with mw roasted papad and curd. Your method of mwing the papad is just exactly like the deep fried one. Yesterday tried idli manchurian and my son really loved it and it is going to be a repeat within next few days. Also tried stuffed veg dhal rice, rangoli idli, few days back. Every dish turned out very delicious. Thanks a lot for wonderful recipes.
    Vidya.

10. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

@Sojonuear,

you came to the right thread. Chitra Viswanathan is excellent cook. She has given step by step instructions. Look for her recipe index and enjoy it. There are few more members who has given recipes too.

Good Luck.:thumbsup