1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

i wish that i dont live.......

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by smilemoon, Dec 16, 2010.

1. smilemoon

smilemoon Senior IL'ite

hey frends......

i dont feel like living.....my life is so meaningless..... but all bcos of me being silent and went by obeying eldlers........i should have been bold and should be able to stand up and talk boldly....

i am married,aggrd mrg... usual problems.... have a small kid of 20 mons.dh in abroad... i stay with my inlaws.... hubby not in mood to take me with him... tried always to convience him. but no use,,,,,

inlaws want me to be the prefect house wife.... not even going out without them.

i dont call it bad ,but today when i washed my sil office lunch box.... i felt i should not live in this world,,,, i am wel educated m.com,mba... wanted to be a working women,,,,but fate made me a house wife . i am not ashamed of doing house hold work... but i cant take up certain things.... if u had read my previous few threads u may undrst#

i am fed up with this life....##

i was thinking to make other happy and lost my ownlife

2. hollyhock

hollyhock New IL'ite

I can understand your agony totally but all i would say is get hold of your life right now.No matter whatever sacrifices we do in the name of family or kid or something else all we get is disappointment.Never sacrifice your own interests for the sake of others ,its just useless...nobody will appreciate or remember it as time goes.you are well educated and even if you try from now you will definitely be succesfull in getting a job,small or big doesnt matter .You will get your confidence and then you dont feel bad about anything.I would again reiterate dont leave any of your intrests or passions for the sake of others just do what makes you content because in the end that is all what matters.Life is so precious ,dont waste it with futile things ,u can find happiness in even the little things that life has given us.Good luck dear.

3. Ramavyasarajan

Ramavyasarajan Silver IL'ite

yes what hollyhock told is exactly correcst. You go for job. We should not loose our individuality. If your sil goes for job why not you. Try and get job. Best of Luck

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  4. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I think you want to work and have a career. No point in sacrificing it and feeling bad. You may be called as a bad wife, bad dil but you will end-up doing what you want.

5. Haya

Haya Gold IL'ite

Dear Smilemoon,
    I can understand wht u r going thru
    coz, i have been to similar situation before
    my hubby was abroad, me living with in laws
    even though i had gud degree, i cudnt go for job
    but now i have a job, joined my huby and shud say that have more peace in life

so i wud say, hang on, life will surely change
    try to spare sometime for you alone and do things which makes u happy
    even if its for 10 mnts, do it everyday
    slowly, slowly, u can increase the time
    this will give a positive energy in you
    and u will get the energy to think of alternatives to change ur life
    going for a job or joining ur hubby
    for all that first u have to gain ur self confidence
    so work for that, everything will fall in place gradually..

6. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

Instead of sitting at the computer and writing out posts like this - take charge of your life!!! Your child needs you to be confident, mentally strong and most importantly HAPPY!!!

There are thousands of jobs available, if you just have computer and internet...

What do I do?

After marriage, I was working, doing my MBA and looking after my 80+ FIL till my son was 3... then I left my job due to sciatica, and decreasing health of FIL and increasing responsibilities for son....

now my son is 6... but due to several reasons, i've not got back to work...

So I do a lot of stuff from home:

Voluntary & Hobby work:
    1) All neighbourhood kids (6th to 12th) come to me for any kind of advice - whether health, friends, maths, english literature, science projects, computers, setting up a website etc...
    2) I help a pediatric cardiologist raise money for her "free heart surgery for poor children"
    3) I help market soft toys/diyas made by mentally and physically disabled children and get them orders
    4) I collect neighbourhood kids (KG to 5th), tell them stories (like our grandmothers used to tell from puranas), I'll teach slokas and play games with them ... I call it weekly value education class! I show videos of disabled people who have made a success of their life, I plant trees, I get their help to make cookies etc

Subject related to my skill set (broadly related): I'm a software techie
    1) I set up an application to help my BIL's business.
    2) I created websites for kids and invite people to write about their kids
    3) I have created websites for green organizations, for charity organizations etc
    4) I write blogs about technical stuff that I know and help other people
    5) I have helped other people set up websites, done lots of reviews for them, advised them the best tools etc...

My sons subjects : My son is 6 years old
    1) I create a lot of worksheets for my son to write on,
    2) I browse for projects and activities - we made a big soap bar out of leftover soap just last week!!!

There are so many things to do that you would not get time to sit and brood !!!!

Do look for your interests and find what you can do!!!! I dont earn any money out of all these!!! But it keeps me smiling all day !!!

Keep smiling
    Harini

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  7. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

i know its out of topic:confused2:
    but cant stop from appreciating you harini
    way to goBow

8. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

Yeah Lavii... my DH says - "If you dont find intellectually stimulating work to do, you make yourself, me and DS crazy.... so find something to do!!! "

:bonkha ha ha !!!

Thats why I'm able to relate to smilemoon here!! No use thinking of dying... better to find something to do, that's useful to you and others and keeps you mentally satisfied!!!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

9. smilemoon

smilemoon Senior IL'ite

hey frends even i keep trying my level best to be happy and forget all these nonsense and be happy... at times i am not able to do da......

earlier he said he will finish his project by jan11,and will find a job by march 11.and will take me there.or else will complete the course by jan and come to india and work.

he left in last sep09, his parents was aginst him going,but i allowed him cos he very badly want to go .... when i can understand his feeling and allow him to go, he never understands how hard it is to stay here in his house without him.... never understands... i cant even tell me feeling to anyone, he is the one who should understand.. when i say him i will come and stay with u wen u get job,,, he say come and stay only for 3 mons... cos his parents here will feel lonely....

thats wen i think y should i get married and suffer such a badly life.....

my inlaws was prestering us to have a kid, wen the kid has come he cant look after her,and always make sure she is depend on me... for everything.... so that i dont go out leaving her....... or to work.

all these things irrate me ... my frends used to tell u will never close ur mouth ah( cos i always has a very smiling face)... but now adays i dont even smile.... i have lost everything in life.....

nothing i have no freedom,no independance,no love ,no care,,,,,,

lost everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. smilemoon

smilemoon Senior IL'ite

i guess some of my frends here dont understand me,,, its ok..

i cant use mobile nor laptop for more time... mobile if the bill exceed 500 htey will question me... laptop only for speaking to my dh may be 20 mins a day...

cant go down ... even to neighbours house,,, only four walls of my house... once week veg shopping,,,

i was a simple gal who wanted a normal life.. but even that was denined...