1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is it descent?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by debina, Dec 15, 2010.

1. debina

debina New IL'ite

Hi,
    I m debina. I m a new member at dis forum, but not new coz i used 2 read threads at this form. I m a student. Like to read blog.

As i was saying, i m from a middleclass family. In my family its not usual to wear sleeveless dress, specialy while going outside. But when i m at room, most of d time i wear sleeveless kameez comfortly, actually i like it coz its comfortable. though mother never 4bed me 2 wear sleeveless, i cover my sleeves with a dupatta when i go outside or when some1 come to our house. Its boring. It hampers my confident. It makes me guilty feelings.... I will leave it or.... i will cope with dis short of dress...everywhere. I want 2 know ur views. do u agree 2 wear sleeveless? I love 2 live confident, I want to remove confusion. What our society thinks? As i can see a little number of girls wear sleeveless. Is it the cause of confusion like me? just say me is it descent to wear sleeveless kameez?

2. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Hi Debina,

Way of dressing it depends on each person's taste, style, comfort....

When I was in India my mom wont allow me to wear sleeveless but I used to wear jean, kurutha....still some family have some intentions that what others will think. Whatever ur family is, wearing sleeveless or not depends on individuals. But nowadays I used to see many sleeveless salwar in shops at India when I came last yr, if u feel comfort and have confidence on ur style gohead dear....

3. pinkpearls

pinkpearls Senior IL'ite

totally agree with mehana.....as long as you are happy and comfortable....go for it....do not need to live for others...live your life on your own way

4. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Hi debina,
    It is not wrong to wear sleeveless dress when u go out or need to cover when someone comes home.And wearing sleeveless is never limited to higher class families.A dress is worn when it suits us best and when we r comfortable wearing it n carrying it confidently most important it should be decent enough.
    I also come from a middle class family and was never controlled with what i wear.But yes when elders come to visit or stay at home i used to put on the dhupatta not to wrap all the shoulders but out of respect towards them.
    Dressing correctly to places where u go or work helps build good impression and opinion among the peer group.
    bye!
    take care,
    sudha.v

5. debina

debina New IL'ite

Ok sweeties.. Thanks. Now say me.... Do u wear sleeveless...specially outside? I mean do u also felt confused like me?...or dis is d cause of my infuriate complex....

6. Platy01

Platy01 New IL'ite

Hey Debina..

It also depends on the neighberhood.. if your family members restricting you then its truly because of them..High socity people dont think abt Society they live thier own way..

As you are confident make your praents understand as its nothing wrong..and happily proceed.

7. msquare

msquare Senior IL'ite

More than anything else, still in India, still SOME people from old to young, married to unmarried stare at girls. Probably that is why our elders also say us not were sleeveless. Hope you understand the point!

8. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Well, a crisp answer to ur question is-YES i wear sleeveless kurtas or tops paired with jeans when i go out,and was never confused or felt less confident wearing them.Saying that i never had any remarks from the society i move(d),as any other lady also wears it,it not me just outstanding the rest.A dress code depends upon the norms of the society one lives.
    bye!
    sudha

9. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Debina,

Way of dressing it may be sleevelss, jean, tshirts...it depends on ur comfort, taste, ur parents(some parents have some restrictions) and more important the places u go.

10. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi debina,
    u have mentioned bangladesh as ur country.now,muslim countries are very conservative about women dressing .maybe u r worried from that angle?

personally,i feel, jaisa desh waisa bhesh'( dress to suit the country)
    whenever i visit Dubai i will put salwaar kameez & even with jeans carry dupatta & that is for Dubai which is very modern muslim city with multinational crowd.i find other ladies also dressed similiarly.

here in Africa people follow more western trend of spagetti tops,bare shoulders,short skirts etc but i don't follow that.

i put what i am comfortable in & that includes sleeve less tops & dresses.same goes for India also.i wear whatever i want but draw a line at inlaws place.i donot wear nighties,night suits or jeans at my in laws place.as i have to go there for 10-20 days annually it hardly matters.

still ,i am not sure how u r able to hide ur dresses from ur mom.i mean u must be washing,ironing them & she must be coming to ur room frequently.i guess the best appraoch will be to let her know & she how she reacts.
    pragati