1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Job opportunities to L2 visa holder in IT

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by rutu21, Mar 12, 2009.

1. lakshmikota

lakshmikota New IL'ite

Thanks for your response! Right now, the problem is most companies are not willing to sponsor H-1b. They say client offer letter is a must. Now, can I approach any company to file for H-1b with the current offer letter. Will it help?

2. sthakur

sthakur New IL'ite

Hi,

Did u guys had luck finding good jobs now. I too am in the same situation now. Was in IT for 4 yrs in India. And here, waiting since past 5 months. EAD too arrived late (in 4 months approx). Now looking for job but nothing fruitful yet. Any suggestions?

3. prasug

prasug New IL'ite

Hi,
    You can try to work as one of my friend does... It will be work from home but you need to place a few of them every month... and you are paid on a commission basis... , it would be good to help if possible...:idea

Thanks
    Lakshmi:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
  4. SpringFlower

SpringFlower New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am on L2 EAD. I was offered a full time employment offer in one of the organizations recently. Since I am on a L2 EAD, I wanted to know if they would sponsor my H1B filing.
    For verifying this they had asked for my current EAD status and have provided them the details that its a L2 EAD Valid uptil June 2012.
    But unfortunately, the HR came back to me stating that they will not be able to extend the full time opportunity to me anymore as my EAD is an L2 EAD - that is only a Temporary Work Authorization as per the the Organizations attorney so they were going to with draw the offer.

This came to be as a shock as I was anicipating to become Full-time employee of this firm post my 90 days Contractual period with this Firm.

This was really disappointing for me.... I think a lot of ppl work full-time jobs in U.S on a L2 EAD.

But why did this firm say no to me? why cannot they extend this offer? Are there any legal issues behind this for them to employ me? its only becos of the fact that I may have to return to India anytime that my spouse will be leaving?

Even after I told them that I am not expecting them to sponsor my H1B if they cannot do so, they still say that they dont want to run into the risk of hiring such a candidate who's EAD is temporary and not permanent like a Green Card EAD. :(

Ladies pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee help me to understand all this better.
    I really like this firm and want to continue here full-time...Can I do something to make them understand my situation?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  5. Chinmayi18

Chinmayi18 New IL'ite

it is nice to read all the posts.
    thanks.

6. Chinmayi18

Chinmayi18 New IL'ite

Hi. can ne 1 tell me. R u still searchin g for a job? i have 2 years exp in software testing

7. Chinmayi18

Chinmayi18 New IL'ite

thanks all. that gave some confidence in job hunt.

8. Preethi Ganesan

Preethi Ganesan New IL'ite

Hi all,

Do any of you know any reliable consultancies in dallas / plano / anywhere else in US? I 'lm on L2 - EAD and am currently hunting for a job within dallas / plano area..

9. Preethi Ganesan

Preethi Ganesan New IL'ite

Do any of you know any reliable consultancies in dallas / plano / anywhere else in US? I 'lm on L2 - EAD and am currently hunting for a job within dallas / plano area.. /.

10. meghag

meghag New IL'ite

Hi guys,

I really feel stressed off reading these posts as even i'm sailing on the same boat. I've been looking out from a very long time and don't receive any calls or interviews!!! I don't know how it really works out in this country. Please let me know if there are any opening in and around New Jersey... I know most of them feel it's easy to get it in NJ. But, that's not true... hoping for the best!!! :)