1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

gold anklet

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by Huma, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi everybody

i am very fond of gold anklet.....but it appears that in our caste system doesn't allow us to wear gold anklet.

the gold touches the feet and it's not good because it's laksmi..

what i am asking is should i go on having my gold anklet or should i respect the tradition?

thanks in advance....

2. Naveena

Naveena New IL'ite

Hello Huma

I have heard some old people saying that only gods (goddesses rather) and queens could wear gold anklet, because of the reason stated by you. But I have seen Keralite women wearing gold anklets. So, I think, it is a matter of individual choice.

Veena.

3. solonacea

solonacea New IL'ite

hi huma,i have also heard that we should not wear gold in form of anklet as it touches feet n gold is considered to be lakshmi.but i beleive we should not supress our feelings ,aftr all life is too small we should enjoy it to the hilt ,unless our act hurts anybody.so i suggest jst go for it...vaise these days in delhi i have seen gold plated anklets in market so now u have option......go for artificial one .enjoy:-D

4. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hi Huma,

It is totally up to you.
    You should know which one has to give priority tradition/desire.

If you can't decide you can always go for the artificial one as some ilite stated.

5. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi huma,

we can flourish more if we give importance to our tradition rather than our own interest. our elders posted restrictions on us for some good cause only, and everything for our good only.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  6. AshaUnni

AshaUnni New IL'ite

I am from Kerala. We are following the belief that girls should not wear gold anklets during marriage day (because we are going to enter into a new house).
    Anyway these are beliefs only. It’s up to each individual, whether to wear gold anklet or not.

Regards

7. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

i think using gold anklets....depends on the individuals, no matter what the customs /traditions say....n its totally based on the individuals wish n comfort...am i right?

8. koel

koel New IL'ite

Hi Huma,

Good news to you!!

There is something called pachalogam available in the market. "Pancha" means five and Ulogam means metal in tamil. Pachalogam is a bronze alloy of five metals copper, zinc, tin, silver, lead in different propotion. This used to make idols.

Now-a-days you get anklet out of this metal in the market. I have enclosed the picture of the one i am using. I am wearing it for the past 3 months.. still looks the same as got it on the first day. It does not require any special maintenance. I am enclosing the photo of the one that i am wearing. Try out in the shops. If not, I can send it to you through courier as i am sending regularly to my friends abroad. If you really need my help, send me a personalized message with the length of the anklet. I will send you more details on this.

I know i could see a big smile in your face. :)

Thanks,
    Koel

Attached Files:

9. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

there should not be any desire which cannot be unfulfilled and if we really dearly like it we shd see tht we get tht
    if u really like to have one go ahead and buy it
    if gold is lakshmi and we shdnt put it on feet and walk
    bhoomi is also lakshmi and we do walk on it
    god is there everywhere in everything
    trust tht and u wil be happy always
    :)

2 people like this.
  10. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Hi Naveena, Solonacea, Krish 22, Shree, AshaUnni, Achu, Koel and Radhavenkatesh.

thank u so much for the replies.

Koel...thank u for ur offer...i keep it for further use. and yes i had a big smile when i saw ur gold ankle.

Radhavenkatesh....is it true that when ur wearing gold ankle something wrong will happends in the family....i am afraid of this....

take care