Nov 2010 mommies!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by sirilu27, Mar 12, 2010.

1. sampsen

sampsen New IL'ite

Hi Shilpa,
    Hope u recover soon....
    paed said it is ok to put the baby on her tummy when she os fully fed....Also please consult ur doctor as well.

2. Shilpa Pratheep

Shilpa Pratheep Bronze IL'ite

I got few more stitches on saturday to close up the unhealing whole, so officially had double episotomy, was in pain yesterday n day before, now feeling better. I hope to recover so that I can start taking care of my DD on my own.

3. veenavarna

veenavarna Senior IL'ite

hi shilpa,
    wishing you a speedy recovery dear!! hope your stitches heal soon and help you take care of your DD on your own!!

my DS doesnt burp at all.. :hide: or atleast i dont hear any such sound and i keep patting for atleast 10 mins and keep him straight for some time. Either his hiccups would start or he would pass urine. I take these two as signals and i out him down. If not for these two, he might o to sleep. i put him on the bed with his head raised well!! I just pray that his neck and shoulder doesnt ache!:bowdown

A couple of days back he had gas problem and started crying when he tried to pass urine or motion. His tummy was bloated and he was pushing hard to pass motion! Poor kid.. I realized later that i had missed to add garlic in my meals for 2-3 days!! I then gulped in 4-5 flakes and by afternoon the little one passes gas, motion and urine freely!

On the good front, he has started to move around when i put him on the sheet!!:rotflI put him straight and after some time i find him at a position 90 degrees from the original!

My next appointment is on 15th (this wednesday) for his second round of vaccinations! Eagerly waiting to know his weight gain! Hope he is 3.5 now!!:bowdown

How are other mommies doing??
    How about the bleeding? Has it stopped?? I found a drop or two everyday!! :spinThe sanitary napkin just irritates my skin and am getting annoyed!:rant

cheers
    Veenavarna

4. veenavarna

veenavarna Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,

BTW, i bathed my DS for the first time on my own! My granny was doing all these days! She is out of town and will be back only by wednesday! My dad helped me in bathing the little one!!! :yes: Initially i was very nervous, as the head is not yet set and i was afraid if he would slip down!! My DS was too chamathu in showing off for his mommy :kiss

Can some body help me with the list of veggies that should be avoided for gastric trouble?? I heard cabbage would increase gas production!!! I am avoiding roots like potato, yam, colocasia, cabbage.. right now my veggies seem to be reduced to a shorter sample space - carrot, beetroot, drumstick in sambar, beans, avarakkai (not sure whats its english name is!:bonk) lady's finger, snake gourd! Any other suggestions?

I take garlic everyday - my paed said its a lacto stimulant. Granny says it would remove gas and help in milk secretion.

I also take betel leaves thrice a day - as swathi said it aids in digestion process!

Also drinking atleast 4 liters of water and 4-5 glasses of milk (boost/mother's horlicks and plain). I also take LACTARE tablet thrice a day! All these are for milk secretion!

Thanks

5. DDolphin

DDolphin New IL'ite

Hi Shilpa,

Hope you recover soon..Our prayers are with you..

HI Ladies,

My son is keeping me busy :) he is not keeping that well :( He is having loose stools with foam like texture..Asked my paed and she told it would be because of what I eat and suggested me to reduce my spice n sugar intake.....

cos of his loose stools, he has developed rashes in the bum and am applying a cream suggested by the doc. He is not good feed if he is unwell.....

Also, I have gastric problem...Not sure if it affects him..I make him burp after every feed by patting on his back..Even if he doesn't burp, after patting for sometime, you can put him to sleep on his side...This way even if they throw up some milk it will flow out of the corner of the mouth and they wont be swallowing it...

I am very poor in taking water....jus a liter a day..I know its very less but somehow i forget to take it...I have 3 glasses of milk and calcium, iron and multivitamin tablets... Still have very little spotting every day...

How do you folks find out whether he has full tummy? My kid seems to be varying the intake....sometimes he feeds for 30mins and sometime just for 10 mins....He still doesn't cry for hunger...

One more important question... Does the 1 month old baby shed out tears when they cry? I see wet eyes when he cries but no tears fall out of the eye :( or is this normal? Have to ask my doc...His next appointment on 24th Dec for his second vaccination..

Hope all kids are doing great..Keep the posts coming in....

6. veenavarna

veenavarna Senior IL'ite

Even if they dont have loose stools, they are prone to get rashes as they keep passing stools every now and then! Try applying coconut oil. Even my DS has this problem of rashes. He keeps passing stools in small amounts frequently. My paed advised me to use a sof cloth dipped in warm water to clean the bum before keeping the next cloth. It works to some extent!:cheers

I was told by my granny that it would affect the kid. I avoid veggies that produce gas. Including garlic in the meals reduces this to a great extent!
    When we use paladai to feed in expressed milk a good amount of gas also accompanies it every time. And when they suck directly a little bit comes out! My granny says this all!

A relative of mine was a mid wife. She had come to visit us. She said, if we are able to find lines or folds in the tummy, the tummy isnt full. If you are able to see a plain, slightly buffed up tummy, then its likely to be full. Remember it would have some amount of gas as well.

Good question!!:) I too have notices this! But i dont have an answer yet! Do let me know what your paed says! :thumbsup

7. gswathi

gswathi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Everyone, Hope every new mom is bonding well with their LOs and everyone enjoyed their first month birthday.......... Hi sampsen, Thanks for the tip of putting the baby on her tummy....verified with few friends...they said when their cry becomes uncontrollable its fine to put them like this.... Hi Shilpa, Wishing you speedy recovery.......Let your kid make her mom to forget her pains ..... Hi veena, Thats really great...i can feel how excited you would have been before bath and how proud you would have been after that.......here my mil enjoys the privilege of bathing the baby...so i thought i could wait for some more time though i am very curious about it..... i started having cabbage and roots little by little....be cautious with garlic as too much of garlic also leads to gas trouble in LOs (from my experience)...... Hi dolphin, motion in foam like texture is due to heat....try food and other ways to reduce your body heat....for the kid my mil will heat betal leaf coated with castor oil and put it in warm condition in the baby's tummy....there are so many granny ways without any side effects and you can try one.... i used to check my breast's stiffness and heavyness before and after feeding....if it softens after feeding then the kid has taken something....even my lo's feeding time varies from 3 to 15 min....if she slips out i will try for second time and if she rejects then i will take it as "tummy full" signal.... there are lot of things to share but my lo is calling now.......will try next time.....Take care everyone.........

8. DDolphin

DDolphin New IL'ite

Thanx Veena and Swathi.. I will try out your suggestions...:thumbsup

9. Shilpa Pratheep

Shilpa Pratheep Bronze IL'ite

Since I am on antibiotics and pain killler for my new sutres, my LO is pooping every 2 hrs, doc prescribed zincovit for stopping diarrhea (1-2 drops) but I m wondering how to give this to her directlly put it on her tounge or mix it with milk and feed her?

Wat is the dosage of zincovit u give to ur LO?

10. gswathi

gswathi Bronze IL'ite

Hi shilpa,
    there will be a filler with measurement in ml.... 0.5ml contains 12 drops....my paed prescribed 3 drops of some enzyme drops and i give 1/2 of .25ml in the filler and give her directly using the filler on the sideways of her mouth, not on the tongue(like we give using paalaadai)....so that they wont spit it out....and i give some (boiled and cooled) water using the filler to make sure the drops goes inside....and burp her for some time or feed her if its feeding time......