Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shyamal

shyamal New IL'ite

Re: Tips on writing "Who am I?"

hi
    All:wave
    myself shyamal...currenlty i am residing at seattle ,state washington (d.c.)country U.S.A.
    i born and brought up in allapalli,its a small town in state maharashtra ,country India.i am a marathi woman.
    i got married in june...n came to seattle as my husband works here.
    i m masters in zoology...n my keen interest is in teaching.i also hv teaching experince of two years in degree college chadrapur.
    My hobbies are reading novel,gardining,watching movies,listening music,singing,making new friends.....as well i m passionate of cooking...my husband says i m a good cook.....
    being on a h4 visa ....i found myself lonely at home...and always keep browsing to get to know something new...
    i think joining of indusladies community will help me out of this ....
    friends what more i can say?we will get to know each other as time go by....:)

shyamal

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2007
  2. simrananand

simrananand New IL'ite

Re: Who am I?

Hi Everyone.

I am Simran from NZ , My family is deciding to migrate to Melbourne next month was just wondering where is most of the Indian population settled and which suburb is good to live in, as I have 2 boys going to primary school. Some friends did mention that Tullamarine, glenroy, essendon, strathmore and oakpark. Would like to know more

Thanks

3. wajiha

wajiha New IL'ite

Hi all,
    This is wajiha !!short tempered ,at times emotional,love music,cookery,gardening,language bar, irshad (my bf ):-D....did my schooling in doveton Corrie girls then my UG in computer science engineering from MGR UNIVERSITY.....at present working as accent trainer with dell:-D was raised along with a dentist my elder sis (married)my role model i love her a lot.......then my bro who is an engineer working with proctor and gamble India and then my small sis...naughty as ever tomboy :tonguedoing her management studies...and helps dad in family business!!.....thats my happy family.......living in chennai

thanks&regards
    love n luck in everything !!
    waju:wave

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  4. Pravina

Pravina New IL'ite

Hello Victoria
    Welcome to IL site, It is really interesting to see how easy it has become now to make friends and interact with them from virtually any part of the world! My name is Pravina and have resided in the UK for the last 36yrs. I have been bred and brought up in Nairobi kenya. Though not born in India, my parents have brought us up with having a deep love for our culture and heritage.I have been very lucky as both my sons and my daughter in law who hs joined the family last year have a profound love for our culture. I still find that i am always learning something new. It is quite awesome how much wealth is there in our scriptures and we have learned gurus or spiritual leaders who try their their best to bring this knowlege to us with much simlicity.
    I am also gujarati. Please feel free to contact be on any matter.
    warm regards
    Pravina

5. jyothikumar13

jyothikumar13 New IL'ite

hello ladies:wave
    i am jyothi,love to make friends,cook,and want to be happy and smiling all the time..i stay at bangalore.i will be busy with my cute little Amrita.
    ok then bye.

6. valentina

valentina New IL'ite

hai thiz valentina u can call me tina.i hav been asked to say hello by comin who am i forum.iam not sure is thiz plaz.
    ten plz tell me how to start my profile
    i tink thiz is Acooll site help me plz anyone lookin forward from hearing frm u all

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2007
  7. Pravina

Pravina New IL'ite

Hello Jyothi,
    welcome to the IL group:) . I am sure you will make a lot of friends from far and wide here and also tuck into yummy recipes.
    regards
    Pravina

8. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Tina - welcome to IL. The 'who am I' subforum is just to introduce yourself and tell us something about your life so far. As you can see most people have given a little bit about themselves. This is not a requirement - but just helps people to get to know you better. What you can also do is go the subforum Indians in Middle East and browse that section - you can also introduce yourself there. Also go through the other subforums - depending on your area of interest, you can find a lot of information. Another thread that you can go through is the Tips for newcomes in the New Member area - there are a lot of tips given to new members. Most of your questions may have answers there - but you are always welcome to ask any questions that you have in this forum as well. Thanks for joining us.

9. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Jyothi - welcome to IL. I see that Pravina has already welcome you - thanks Pravina. With you little one - you must be busy - but take a break and join us whenever you find the time.

10. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sushmitha - thanks for joining us in IL and giving us a peek into your life. I can quite understand how lonely and different the life must be after such a busy life in India. Running your own school - wow!! that is great. I am sure you can share some of your experiences with us. You love cooking - great - you have come to the right place - we have a treasure trove of recipes in the Recipes sub forum - if you have any special dishes that you would like to share, you can do that too. Since you say you have a lot of time on your hands now - start posting in IL!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.