1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Golden Rules for every woman

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Shanthi, Mar 31, 2007.

1. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Nakshatram,
    I agree with Priya. Post this as a separate thread. We are all here to support you. Moderator, maybe you can help with the move? Thank you.

2. Shanthi

Shanthi Silver IL'ite

Hi Moderators,
    I cannot see the first post in Golden Rules. Was trying to look at it to reply for Nakshatram's post. Is it just me , can everyone else see the first post which details the golden rules?

Thanks,
    Shanthi

3. canreachus

canreachus Senior IL'ite

yes here it is....i shall try the 13th one:)

4. Shanthi

Shanthi Silver IL'ite

Hi Nakshatram,

Can't say I was a bit shocked by this ......

"Today I read the golden rules. Let me say this. I strongly disagree with points 1 and 2, while largely agree with the rest of the 19 points. I cannot see my mother agreeing to the first two points either. It is terrible you preach such dreadful ideology. Knowing her well, I know, my wife will agree with your first two points and will not agree with most of the rest. "

I have not been very active in IL for a while now and hence the late reply. You will see in my post when I started I did say that this would seem cold hearted to unmarried or newly married people. I don't blame you, if I had read these rules when I was unmarried or newly wed or even a few years into my married life I would have thought the some points to be cruel too. After 6 years of marriage and so many ups and downs I came to these rules, just by pure experience. When I was reading the various postings in IL I saw so many women with same problem that I had. I couldn't take it after a while and hence I wrote out the rules.

I am not preaching an idealogy. I have given people the benefit of my experiences. If it works for them they take it. These rules have enriched my life. It hasn't turned me into a cold hearted selfish woman. But it has made me a self confidant happy woman. I will have to be that first before I can be a wife and a mom. I will have to have something in me before I can give to my family. I love my family and they are my life, I wouldn't last a second without them. I need to be there for them and care for them. I need to be strong for that. Being a mom is a really hard task. These rules turned me from being a whiny, nagging, clinging, needy and unhappy wife into someone who is self sufficient in so many ways. I go back and read those rules myself so many times, especially in times of trouble. They have served me well and I stand by them.

I am very sorry about your situation with your wife. Abuse is abuse, doesn't matter if it is handed out by a woman or a man. Any advice can go either way, depending on the person. If your wife agrees with my rules, I hope she understands that she is being hard on you and not reinforce her current behavior. Not once in my posting have I endorsed a dominant behavior by women or men for that matter. As far as your mom, read this posting to her. You may never know she may agree with the rules.

I am not being defensive here. I am not upset either. Just felt like explaining things to you. At first I thought maybe because you are a man you cannot accept it. To be frank I know that my husband may not understand the rules and may think that they are harsh just like you. But my post was nominated for 'Finest Post' by a man. So there you have it. I have learned not to generalize men. So please do not generalize women. There are always exceptions.

Maybe I should have named the posting as Golden Rules as they could be useful for both men and women. Please do think about it.

Shanthi.

5. Shanthi

Shanthi Silver IL'ite

Can see it now. Thanks moderators and canreachus.

6. hema76

hema76 Silver IL'ite

beautiful words , i am sure u wil be a good partner ,

every women want to me a good partner but due to the situation and without proper guidance some women just killing their marriage life by their activities ,ur words are being a good guidance for all those
    according to me husband and wife relationship is more than all .

7. anasuyagunti

anasuyagunti New IL'ite

hi Shanthi ..........
    i have seen all your point in my life also.Your rules are very inspiring,Thank you very much.Lets all of us start living for ourselves first..............
    good luck....:thumbsup

Anasuya

8. ennakshatram

ennakshatram Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanthi:
    Thanks for your explanation. I put my pain on display through another thread entitled Sad Life. I heard a lot from so many people. Thankfully, my case appears to be an exception. So, my opinion shouldn't count. I am beat up, and beat up thoroughly emotionally. I believe the source of the abuse meted out to me consistently comes from cold hearted selfishness. Some people point out it is because of my ineptness. Sorry for saying you preach selfishness. That is a poor choice of word on my part. It is great you came up with so many other useful points. Thank you again.
    -Nakshatram

9. radiance

radiance New IL'ite

good compilation.. good work..

10. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Hey shanthi, i 1000% agree withyou.u wrote what are all in my mind at present we have to live for ourselves obsulutely correct!!! Same 6 yrs of marriage saw so many ups and downs and having 5yr old kid with DS with very bad delayed milestones but iam not worried abt him becoz i have faith on GOD.he showed me so many ways to cheer me up and one of the way is spending meaningful time in INDUSLADIES.and today only i saw this thread and really impressed with all u r rules.though i cant implement in my life immediately,i will have these in my mind.

And the excellent rules which i liked most is the 3rd point"the fact that you and your husband are really 2 individuals" this is absolutely right not only emotionally but also spiritually.

The 9th rule,i did that also but he dont want to understand my emotion,what can i do then i just left him,thats it.

Anyway very good, share more u r experience shanthi.i agree with u r statement for newly married and unmarried.

Swetha