Pranav - Our Prince charming!!

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by rv8, Nov 27, 2010.

1. rv8

rv8 Gold IL'ite

First of all, thanks to IL community for the support! This forum is an exceptional place where every single query of mine had an answer... I am really looking forward to make use as my little darling grows up..

My Seemantham or baby shower was on Nov 12th, Friday and this chap arrived on 19th Nov, the next Friday!! I had mild back ache and crampiness the previous night, but they were not so regular (or I didnt notice them!). So I called up my doctor and since I was almost a month away from the due date, she advised me to come the next day, provided I could bear the pain till then. The only physical change I could notice was my navel had gone down by an inch. Mom and I thought that the baby would have turned (or engaged) to the birth position. I then had a small cup of Jeeraga Kashayam or the cumin tea and slept peacefully.

Next day after a nice shower and a hearty breakfast (forgot to mention that I was on diet due to borderline GD) we went to the Apollo clinic at Kotturpuram for the check up at 10.00 AM. My OB/Gyn did an internal examination and was surprised to find that the head is almost close to the birth position and I was fully dilated. The baby was ready to arrive anytime in next half an hour to 2 hours.

They immediately arranged to transport me to Main Apollo on Greams road. By then, hubby dear who was on the way to the office took a detour and came in the right time to join me. With the sirens blaring, we rushed to the labor ward of Main Apollo. Everything was already ready there to welcome our little prince. But till then I only had dull pains and no real contractions.. The doctor decided to induce me and after the procedures, I was put on IV and induced at about 11.10 AM.

The contractions then started in full swing about 2 min apart and I was ready to push by 11.20 AM. Hubby pie was all the time with me holding my hands, whispering that everything is going to be alright. His smile and presence was just enough to make me go through the toughtest pain a woman has to go through in her life.

Everyone in the room were on the top of their voice asking me to push and I hardly knew where I got that strength. Finally at 11.46 AM, the head emerged and in another 2 minutes my little doll was just placed above my tummy!! So from the check up time to arrival of Pranav, it was only 1 hour 46 minutes... Even the doc was surprised that it was one of the shortest labor she has seen.

It was a miraculous experience, I must say! From the day I knew was pregnant, I was picturing and imagining how this moment would be. But we were totally unprepared for this sudden arrival. Nevertheless!

Right now, daddy and sonny are taking a nap and I found sometime to pen down my birth story. After 2 days of latching issues, we have bonded well now and he is keeping me busy 24 X 7 :)

Once again, thanks IL!! Take care dearies!

2. kavithabalaji

kavithabalaji New IL'ite

Hi

Congratulations.

You are lucky to have short labor.

Happy Parenting!!

3. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Welcome wishes to the new born baby.

RV8, so u r enjoying ur time with cute little prince. congrats.

andal

4. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

[​IMG]

Congrats to you rv8 for becoming a proud mother in the shortest labor time. Welcome Pranav.....

Best Rgds
    Shanti

5. nimmimoorthy

nimmimoorthy Platinum IL'ite

congratulations rv8.

You are very lucky to have a short period.

And pranav is a nice name. God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!

6. shubag

shubag Gold IL'ite

Congratulations rv8 on becoming the proud mother with short labour pains.

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats RV8. :)
    Thats was a real quick labour & your LO wanted to reach you without much troubles to you!
    Enjoy motherhood!
    Take care.

8. Vani09

Vani09 Gold IL'ite

Congrats !!! On your bundle of joy.:) Happy Motherhood.

9. rv8

rv8 Gold IL'ite

Thank you all.. Pranav and his dad says thank you too :)

10. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Congrats Dear.
    one of my school time good friends Rohini also delivered on the same day...

nice to know that you had a short labour and delivered a healthy baby..
    take good care....