1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

education of the special needs children and differently abled children

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by padmaabalu, Nov 27, 2009.

1. padmaabalu

padmaabalu New IL'ite

Dear Members,

Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to have a say.

Fine I have started this new thread on the education of the special needs children. Is it happening wherein the parents want their child to be self independent? Is the child being taught all that is required to be a part of the society independently without being dependent on their parents or others? How far are the schools being so sincere in working towards this goal. If the question was put before me, I would say " No, No, No.

I request you to give a serious thought on the above.

The reasons could be many for which the Terminology "Curse" "Sin" takes the priority. But does anyone realise that it a gift of god and a boon of god who has showered a responsibility on empowering the caring of being a mother of such children. Then we should definately give our mind a thought on this.

Please do join hands with me to bring in the change and see that all these children get the right to speech, and Living.

Best regards,
    padmaa Balasubramaniam

2. padmaabalu

padmaabalu New IL'ite

Please do reply to my thread as to how you would join me in making this big vision happen.

1) physical support

2) Financial support

3) Space support

4) Any others

3. Prasantha

Prasantha New IL'ite

I believe the questions you have raised are important. But I live in Norway and here the government has good policies and laws protecting the challenged child. I would love to help in any way I can. perhaps we can plan a fund raising event (here in Norway) and we can use the funds to create awareness both for parents regarding the rights for their children. It may not be much, but we can try and for that I need you to have a registered organization in India.

Furthermore, I have a friend in Vishakhapatnam and she has done some work in this regard. I could give you her contact details and her website for more information.

After all, under the sun, we are all children of God.

Best wishes
    Prasantha D
    Norway