1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Atlanta Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Induslady, Oct 28, 2006.

1. manjuragha

manjuragha New IL'ite

hi raji, thankyou, even i was happy to there are lot of ppl from chennai. i thought in atlanta there are no southindians.....but now i know that is only in my area. :-D

2. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Manju,

Dhamaal is a new Hindi movie which is a comedy. It should be having English sub titles also in case you don't understand Hindi too well. Anyways, the purpose is mainly to catch up with each other and spend some time together. :-D

We would love it if you could join us.:) I can send you the directions etc if you are interested...

Abt job search - how are you going about your search? How are you applying? Have you checked out Deloitte and PWC etc?

love,
    Aarushi

3. manjuragha

manjuragha New IL'ite

hey i love to come, but commuting is major pbm for me. i need to look for bus schedules. and i also hv a small kid.......

just now looking the sites u mentioned. i didnt know abt that. do u know abt HRblock tax course here. i came to know the details all, but just wanted to know how useful it will be for me to get a job. can u help me in this regard.

4. Hemalata

Hemalata Senior IL'ite

Re: Atlanta Ladies - Introjust let me know. I'll calluce yourselves here!

Hi everyone,
    I'm ok with any show time. I don't have access to internet at my new apt currently. I'm right now checking the site from my neighbour's comp. Whatever is decided just let me know. I'll call one of you guys sometime.

Catch u later.
    Bye
    Hema

5. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Due to unexpected and unforseen circumstances (sounds like a news report..doesn't it!:-D), we have had to postpone our lunch and a movie event to October...so, we'll meet in the halloween month now!!:)

6. anitha78

anitha78 New IL'ite

hai Aarushi,
    happy to see your reply ...and sorry for the late reply .. i got my net connected only yesterday....its been two weeks i moved to atlanta ... i am finding this place good. i am staying at northridge road...

my husband had come here for his studies.... with my m2 visa i am not able to work or study so its lil boring ....so i always plan to go with my husband to his academy...pass my time there....planning to do some volunteer service ....

i am not able to find any indian stores...can you pls let me know if you know any!! near to the place where i live.....

cheers
    anitha :wave

7. anitha78

anitha78 New IL'ite

:wave hello raji...:smile:
    i am anitha i very recentlay moved to atlanta .. and finding this place good to live .. i have come here with my husband he is doing his studies in chamblee. Glad to see a person from tamil nadu... i am from pollachi....!

In which part of atlanta you live .. i am living in northridge road planning to shift somewhere near chamblee after 2 months ....

this site is making me feel at home and i am finding this very informative ... too...

if you know any indian stores near to the place i live or chamblee pls let me know..

:wave anitha

8. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Hi Anitha

I am glad to know that you are from pollachi. i am from erode. But i have some relatives there. I live in Kennesaw. I know that there are lots of Indian stores near Chamblee. There is a store called Cherians . It is closer to chamblee. I know this forum is quite useful.If you could get Khabar magazine you can get lots of info. Welcome to Khabar

Raji

9. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Hi Manju
    Regarding the HR block course it is of not much use. The cost of the course is 100$. They will help you with the job placement but you have the job during the tax season. After that you will have to take the course and test again. I wanted to take the course after finding this i dropped my idea. If you find out anymore info please let me know.

Raji

10. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Anitha,

There is an Indian shop on Chamblee Dunwoody Road called India Bazaar. I am assuming that you live in Northridge Road near Roberts Drive. If so, then take Roberts Drive to reach Chamblee Dunwoody Road. IFM (International Farmers Market) on Peachtree Industrial Blvd is also in your vicinity.