1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

WLC- Increase Metabolism - 29th nov to 5th dec.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Perfectionist, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Tina,

For beginners, you can use 2 lbs easily. You can combine two-2 lbs weight in one hand and it becomes 4 lbs.

Some links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofb39fT5LP0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cD96G43ziY
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MomsInt...26749996&kw=tummy exercises#p/u/0/aqLPJ4R0KiI

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  2. sumshru

sumshru New IL'ite

Dear Pooja,

Please count me in.

Best regards,

3. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pooja,

What a wonderful idea. I am impressed. Losing weight should not be the only focus, having a toned body is also very necessary.

If you notice, Dance away the challenge does not aim for any weight loss, the aim is to get moving. Similarly, doing weight training won't hurt anyone. If there is no weight loss or a slight weight gain and if they are eating proper diet then there is nothing to fear. When we do weight training we increase our metabolism. Infact, all women should do weight training to avoid osteoporosis. Weight training helps calcium to absorb properly.

Sooner or later all women suffer from granny arms and also from sagging muscles of the upper back.If we make weight training our habit then these can be taken care of.

The start weight should be 1 kg. If you think 1 kg feels light then go for 2 kgs but not more for beginners.

If you don't want to buy weight then filled water bottle are good enough. Here we get plastic dumbbells, one needs to fill water in it. They are like plastic water bottles shaped in as dumbbells.

You are right, with light weight and more repetitions we can lose weight because we are fatiguing that muscle.

All those who are taking up this challenge, check out some good youtube videos on simple exercising and GO FOR IT.

For beginners this challenge will give you a chance to experience the weight training. Start with 25 counts and slowly increase them. Once you get a hang of it, it is so much fun.

Pooja, good show buddy. Though I am not able to participate in this challenge (I am on vacation) butI will keep an eye on this thread.

Kudos to you.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

4. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pman,

Check out Jillian Michaels ab routines, she trains hard :).

In gym, you can strap on disc weight to your tummy and then do sit ups. This makes the tummy muscles pull more weight. The strap on and disc weight are available in sports shops so you can check them out.

It depends on how hard they train. Usually, when we start weight training at gym we train hard and workout more with machines, this lead to water retention and muscle conversion hence the gain in weight. I doubt if light weight exercises at home will lead to weight gain (if the challenger is eating properly). The challenge does not aim for weight loss (I read it twice and no where it is written that aim to loose x pounds this week).

I am glad that you will be a part of this challenge. Pman, your energy and enthusiasm is simply great. 100 crunches, wow I am impressed, you simply rock dear girl. I am sure soon you will have flat abs :) :).

Lots of love to you.

regards

5. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

Thanks shiva,:)

For your detailed reply. I had my doubts about this challange. If it is ok for everyone to do weight now.

Now I am sure. And confident that we can start working on this challange.

I am going to buy 1kg& 2 kg dumbels for myself. It will help me to reduce my saggy arms till I join the gym.

Thanks once again shiva,:thumbsup

6. music1

music1 Bronze IL'ite

Dear perfectionist,
    Count me in too.I will post my weight on the 28th.

7. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for the reply. Even i was thinking to buy some strap/disc for tummy. I get bored doing the same exercises and need variety.

For those who are looking for toning abs by walking at home, have a look at the following link. Im postng the first link you can look for the other 2 parts. Each video is 10 mins so all combined 30 mins is a good workout.

YouTube - Walk away the pounds for abs 1/3

8. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Pman16,
    Weight trainining and strength training does not increase the bodyweight, women's body do not put on muscle weight as we are built like that i have been weight raiing for 3years all i can say is that all my fst is burnt now my body looks better and i have muscles but toned muscles, So do light weights starting from 0.5kg to 5kg, if you do weight training for 3 weeks after 3 weeks you will seea diffrence at first you will see that your body have grwon big but the muscles are expanding but after a week or so itwill comeback to shape. In weight training you are burning your fat and building muscles which we need.
    Also include more protien in your diet. Incorporate your wiehgt training with zumba or aerobics, llike twice a week do weight training and twice a week do aerobics or Zumba. By doing this youe weight loss will be faster and your body will become more toned.
    love
    alpa:cheers

9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Pman16,
    100 ab crunches do not help, you need to incorporate a lot of different various types of ab's to make your stomach muslces work like side ab cruches this is for your side waist to make it lok more curvy, then reverse crunches, there are many ab exercise you can do so start doing 20 counts of eacheaxercise at least do 3 sets of different ab's everyday and you will get a flat tummy.
    I have worked on my ab's for a long time and finally i have got it the lower tummy takes time to go as all the fats are deposited there so you need to work with patience on your tummy.Running or jogging also helps you to get a flat tummy, i run on the tread mill everyday for 20mins
    love

10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

If yo uare new to weight training please start with 0.5kg and then move to bigger weights, as somotimes if a weight is not help properly it might fall and you might get injured also handle your weights properly.
    love

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.