Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Priya,
    Sometmes the rajma variety is very hard. now we get smaller size which softens well.
    Anyway, soak for 8-10 hrs with soda & rinse well
    Cook DIRECTLY in the pr cooker with water. After the first whistle, simmer & cook for minimum 30 mtes.
    Cool & open. Still if it is not soft cook on sim for 10 mtes more.
    Do not keep with rice.
    Love,
    C.

2. Chitvish

Dear Dhivya,
    nice list of FBs, thanks! :thumbsup
    Do stay tuned! :)
    Love,
    C

3. Chitvish

Dear SB,
    I used to make it as thoran with crushed coconut+red chilli+jeera & never added dhal to karamani.
    But if you make with moong, coconut is not at all necessary unless you are keen.It is whole moong & not sprout.
    Love,
    C

4. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra,

Yesterday for our dinner I made Kara Uthappam along with Korda, it was very different and tasty. We all loved it a lot. Thanks for sharing yet another tasty recipe. Just now saw the Paythangai whole moong curry. I am planning to make it tonight along with vathakuzhambu. I shall come back with a feedback after our dinner.

Thanks once again
    Love and regards
    Priya

5. Hemalata

Hemalata Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra mami,
    For Diwali I made muthusaram, thengozhal, chocolate pedas, mw pedas, rasgulla and rasmalai and of course diwali marunthu.
    Thanks to you we had a great diwali. Everything came out awesome. I took the mw pedas and chocolate pedas for a potluck. I used the paper cups like you had mentioned. People were just bowled over by it. It was a big hit. All thanks to you.

Also special thanks to you for rasgulla recipe.. Whenever there is whole milk at home or lot of milk nearing expiry, I make rasgullas. Also it is P's great favourite. Whenever I make it, I make one batch of rasgulla and one batch of rasmalai using the same sugar water.

Thanks for everything.
    Best regards
    Hema

6. Deepa

Deepa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.Chitra,
    Made Jiffy morkuzhambu and vazhaipoo pitlai. Tasted awesome. The Jiffy morkuzhambu is very delicious. I have stocked that powder, will come very handy anytime of the week. Vazhaipoo pitlai was a super hit at home. I did not add peanuts, as Prashanth is allergic to nuts. Thanks for the recipes.
    Regards,
    Deepa

7. Chitvish

Priya, Sneha Priye,
    Thanks!!
    Novel combo!! I wonder if new members have tried korda at all! It was posted long back!!
    I simply fell for Paythangai whole moong curry. - it is so wholesome & tasty, not to mention that I have a weakness for creamy whole green moong!:hide:
    Love,
    C

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  8. Chitvish

Thanks a ton, Hema!!
    Serving pedas in paper cups adds a touch of elegance to the presentation & I am glad you got a lot of appreciation.
    I am specially thrilled that quite a few of you have mastered rosogulla, not an easy job though. I am proud that you are all making full use of my SBS!!
    Love,
    C

9. Chitvish

Dear Deepa,
    Thanks!! One of my friends is making my Jiffy morkuzhambu powder for sale!! I don't know if you made vazhaipoo pitlai as a side-dish for morkuzambu. A puli kootu with morkuzambu is a nice combo! For a foodie like me, it is the best choice!:)
    Love,
    C

10. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra,

Today for our dinner I made Payathangai whole moong curry along with vatral kuzhambu. It was a heavenly combo. The curry was very different and tasty. It was very nice to eat the curry as such. I also fried karoodams and vadams. Altogether we had a whole some and tasty dinner. Thank you very much for another tasty dish.

Love and regards
    Priya

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010